3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Buttons! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/175526-buttons.html)

cynnymynn 06-29-2009 06:28 PM

Buttons!

I was going through my closet yesterday and I came across a blouse I've always had to wear open, with a shell or tank top underneath. Just for the heck of it, I put it on by itself, and.....IT BUTTONED!!!! With a bit of room to spare, no less!!!! I couldn't believe it. I tried on several more items which had been relegated to the "doesn't fit, give to Goodwill" pile, and THEY FIT!

:carrot:

For the past two weeks, I've been eating in a much healthier way, planning ahead & entering everything into FitDay. I've also been riding my stationary bike for increasing amounts of time (I'm up to an hour, during which I watch either "Law and Order" or something utterly trashy but vastly entertaining), and looking for opportunities to walk, reach, stretch, etc.

Since I've lost some weight and persuaded myself to get active, my knees (which have been two of my many excuses for being a couch potato) have improved dramatically. The stairs in my house, which are pretty steep, aren't nearly as difficult for me to handle. And... I HAVE ENERGY!!!!!

Wow. Just.....wow!

It works if I work it!!!!! :dancer:

jelder227 06-29-2009 06:48 PM

Congratulations! And isn't it fun? I have one of those blouses that I can wear by itself this summer - bought it to wear as an open jacket because NO way it was going to button!

CamiToo 06-29-2009 07:22 PM

That's wonderful about the blouse! =)

thinpossible 06-29-2009 08:04 PM

That's terrific! I wore one of those blouses to church yesterday :carrot:

time2lose 06-29-2009 09:29 PM

That is great! You have come so far so fast. Isn't it the best feeling when you start seeing results? Making healthy changes is so worth it.

Way to go!

rockinrobin 06-29-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynnymynn (Post 2805652)

It works if I work it!!!!! :dancer:

Truer words have never been spoken!

Congratulations on all that *work* paying off.

Now you just keep on working it and working it and working it and watch those rewards multiply. :cheer2:

chickiegirl 06-29-2009 10:26 PM

Great non-scale victory! Congrats!!

better health3 06-29-2009 11:51 PM

How exciting for you...more motivation to keep going.

Alana in Canada 06-30-2009 12:08 AM

Fantastic! It's wonderful, isn't it.

Thanks for mentioning your knees. Mine are starting to really bother me again--and it could just be because I haven't got on the exercise bicycle in a week!

cfmama 06-30-2009 12:45 AM

I LOVE it when stuff like that happens. What a happy time huh? Great job :) I see many more moments like this in your future :)

HVEECK 06-30-2009 01:59 AM

Congrats!! that is so exciting :D

susiemartin 06-30-2009 07:26 AM

I love it when I "find" new clothes to wear :)

rowan108 06-30-2009 12:09 PM

Congrats!! I love it when that happens or you put on a shirt that usually shows off your muffin top and amazingly you notice it doesn't look so bad anymore. I had one of those moments today so I can understand how happy that can make you feel.

DCHound 06-30-2009 03:05 PM

DON'T YOU LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS????

I have two of those, nice silk blouses in a size 28 that I got WAAAY to large to button at my highest weight. I remember when I could first button them - Novemberish. Then when they started looking not as good. And now, well, I am going to have to give them away because I can almost wrap one around me twice.

It just keeps getting better and better!!!!!!!!!!