Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Dance Your A$$ off...

Hmmm not sure how i feel about this new reality show LOL Something tells me it's not going to be as life-affirming and helpful as Biggest Loser. Something about squeezing fat girls into sequined dresses and making them dance seems a bit ....horrifying??? to me??? what do you guys think?? I guess I shouldn't really spout off til i've SEEN it, but i couldn't contain myself
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/241/160

Height: 5'11

If I had Oxygen, I would watch it. I think it's awesome that these big girls are dressing up in those outfits. That takes a good amount of self confidence!
Phantom Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I kind of like it
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I am very much looking forward to it! If nothing else, it affirms that NOTHING should stop you from doing what you love!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I agreed initally... it sounds horrifying and traumatic. Then I realized maybe I was projecting a bit? I wouldn't be caught dead stuffed into those outfits, but hey, I guess those girls have more guts then I do!

I gotta get cable!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I am just against the name. I hate anything with swearing involved, especially with in the eye/ear range of my children.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

As I said in a previous post, seeing clips I couldn't understand why anyone, especially large men and women, needed to dance in sequined hot pants.

That being said, I think the men looked the stupidest in the costumes that were chosen. At least fat women often have killer cleavage. Besides, I can't say that shiny shorts are a look I've enjoyed on even the buffest of men.

One of the biggest problems I have with the costumes chosen, is that fat people sometimes have the proportions of a small child. I didn't realize this, consciously until I saw a very heavy woman dressed as a toddler at a costume party, and it was really creepy how much she looked like a toddler (so much so, that if someone had taken a picture of her, alone with no furniture or other markers to show size, she could have really been mistaken for a small child because the "smock" dress hid the fact that she had boobs).

So, in some ways seeing the very round adults dressed in the kind of costumes that adults often put small children in for dance recitals and child beauty pageants (which is creepy in it's own way) I don't know the whole effect is super creepy to me. Are they adults? Are they adults trying to look like children? (or more acurately adults trying to look like children trying to look like adults).

Ok, my mind takes very weird journeys sometimes.

Last edited by kaplods; 06-29-2009 at 03:47 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #8  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

The show itself doesn't bother me... it might give inspiration to those who hate traditional exercise but don't consider alternatives (dancing etc)

Given the name of the show what does bother me is the outfits they have been putting the host in. She obviously has some tight laced corseting going on under her outfits. Now I love corsets, and the look, but the fact that it's UNDER her outfits as if it's going to fool us... I don't know why that bothers me on a "weight loss" show, but it does.

Maybe that's just me though.

I hate to admit though I do have it programmed in the DVR.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I noticed the corset too, and it does nothing for her appearance at all. Softer curves and flowy dresses would be a more attractive (whether or not it was slimming) - but to corset a woman that tightly and then put her in a tight, light-colored dress does nothing to make them look slimmer (let alone better). In fact, she's trussed so tight, she's going to be walking like she has a stick up her butt, and it makes her body look rock hard (and not in a good way). Soft and feminie would have been a more attractive route.

Sort of robo-fat-chick.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #10  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I agree Kap

Normally I don't want to criticize peoples bodies (or outfits really) but this is more about the choice of aesthetics then the woman. I think it draws attention to the fact that she's heavy instead of making her look slimmer... and I doubt that's the effect she was going for. If she really wanted that "look" wearing it on the outside it would have just looked like a corset and would have visually made more sense.

If this is any other show I wouldn't have really batted an eye, but really c'mon its a weight loss show nothing wrong with having a beautiful not tiny hostess.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

LOL kaplods!
I have this recorded. will watch it soon. I was looking forward to it, only because I like anything to do with weight loss. but, I think they purposefully put these people in tight, flashy, hideous outfits because it does make them look bigger. It's almost like they are making them look worse to get better ratings. who knows... I guess I'll have to watch it to see. I do think it might motivate some people...hopefully
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #12  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I had to get to bed before it ended (I'll catch the rest over the weekend sometime, since they seem to be airing it quite a few times, if anyone missed it), but it wasn't as painful as I expected. The outfits were definitely ridiculous, but it was nice to see that people really are losing weight and taking that part seriously.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #13  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

I watched it all.....and yes, the costumes were hideous, but the gals wearing them felt really good and sexy in them, so who am I to say anything?

Unfortunately, some of the personalities on there were hard to root for...can't really explain it, but I just didn't like them. Could just be first show jitters or whatever, but the previews for next week don't make me feel anything different. Hopefully something will change my mind....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #14  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Well yeah the costumes are a bit over the top but if you've ever watched dancing with the stars I think their costumes are just as flashy.

They could have just named it Dance your Booty off but that might a bit too ghetto for people
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220.6/213.2/145

Height: 5'4

I haven't seen this show yet. Never even heard of it. I'll have to check it out.
rowan108 is offline   Reply With Quote