3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Howdy! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/175464-howdy.html)

miss_elisha 06-29-2009 10:53 AM

Howdy!

Hello everyone!

I'm Elisha. I'm sort of new here, but not really. Back in 2004 I lost about 50 pounds with the help of 3FC and the wonderful ladies here, but since then I've gained it all back and more.

Now I'm in *totally* different place in my life. I'm married, have a baby, work full time, and we're currently in the process of selling our house and trying to move closer to family, hopefully down-sizing so I can quit my job and be a SAHM.

So anyway, this morning I weighed in at 268. I made it up to 298 when I was pregnant--I was so terrified I was going to hit 300! But I lost those 30 pounds quickly after giving birth in December--I actually lost about 35--and have been stuck ever since. And now I've started to go back up.

The thing is, I've been overweight all my life. I have never looked good in a bathing suit. I didn't have a date for my prom. I can't wear regular-sized clothes.

And I don't want my daughter to go through that.

I want to be healthy for her. I want to set a good example for her, to show her what a healthy life looks like.

Yes, I want to look good. I want to wear cute clothes, to simply be able to find clothes that fit me. I want my wedding ring to fit. I want to be successful at something.

I was researching a few different diet programs this morning--Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, Inches-a-Weight--and none of them really clicked for me. So I started thinking, what is it I want/need most out of a program? The answer is support and accountability. I need someone I can talk to about my weight issues, someone who can talk me out of stopping at Wendy's or Taco Bell on the way home. I need someone who cares whether or not I'm sticking to my diet or making it to the gym. I need someone who will congratulate me if I lose 2 pounds, or encourage me to work harder if I don't lose an ounce.

I thought about all of this, and then it hit me: 3FC. What I need has been right here this entire time. Last time I was a regular here, I lost 50 pounds. Then I stopped coming, and I stopped losing.

So now I'm back, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and helping you as much as I know you'll help me.

:)
Elisha

Slashnl 06-29-2009 11:01 AM

Welcome back. You have some great goals and you are ready to lose! Keep posting!

marbear24 06-29-2009 11:02 AM

Welcome back! I think becoming healthy for your daugher is great inspiration for success. I wish you luck, and offer my support if you need it. :)

time2lose 06-29-2009 11:17 AM

Welcome back!

cfmama 06-29-2009 11:17 AM

Welcome "home!" I look forward to getting to know you. And what great inspiration you have!

CLCSC145 06-29-2009 01:13 PM

I'm glad you're back! I've gone away from 3FC before too and nothing good happens when we do... ;)

Smiling_Sara 06-29-2009 03:25 PM

welcome back! you are at the right place for support. :)

Delphi 06-29-2009 04:51 PM

Welcome back sweetie!