3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   size Large scrub pants!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/175350-size-large-scrub-pants.html)

HVEECK 06-28-2009 01:39 AM

size Large scrub pants!!

just wanted to brag a bit, hehe.... I started 14 months ago wearing a snug 3X, and a baggy 4X pair of pants at work. (I am in the medical field). The 4 X scrubs seriously depressed me. I mean, every time I woud fold them to put them away, I would cringe and want to cry because of the girth of these pants. It was a constant reminder of how big I was and how far I had to go. I have been trucking along here going down in sizes and with each new size, I have felt more and more relief. so, today I am wearing a Large for the first time :D no X involved. Just a LARGE!! and it feels awesome!!!! I hope this motivates someone, because words cant express how good it feels to get rid of that X :carrot::carrot::carrot:

luvja 06-28-2009 02:10 AM

:congrat: I know EXACTLY how good that feels, when I bought new scrubs a couple months ago, I got XL instead of the 3X I was used to :)

jamsk8r 06-28-2009 02:55 AM

HV, a big :congrat: to you! I was up to a 2x in everything, so I know what you mean about getting rid of the X! Nice work!
:celebrate: :carrot: :celebrate:

beaka 06-28-2009 03:13 AM

Way to go! I checked out your blog too. Your journey is amazing! :)

Alana in Canada 06-28-2009 06:20 AM

Congrats! Looking forward to getting rid of my x's too!
Awesome.

Rosinante 06-28-2009 08:18 AM

Congratulations on no longer being X-rated!

midwife 06-28-2009 09:20 AM

Woohoo!!! Congrats! Our scrubs are color-coded so you can tell people's sizes by looking at the color of the tie. It is very satisfying to go down! Congrats again!

chickiegirl 06-28-2009 10:12 AM

That's awesome!! :carrot:

Big congrats!!

kiramira 06-28-2009 10:16 AM

One big red flag for me was when XL scrubs were getting snug, and to get a size bigger, I'd have to put in a SPECIAL REQUEST. Since I'd be the only one wearing them. In the whole clinic.

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot for YOU!

Kira

Pita09 06-28-2009 10:38 AM

I was walking through a department store yesterday and commented on how I long for the day when I can get out of that small section of ugly fat clothes and into the rest of the store where all the pretty, normal size clothing lives. I just want to shop and shop and shop!!

Congratulations to you on your success. Here's to a size medium!! :hat:

harrismm 06-28-2009 11:09 AM

WOW>You are beautiful in your blog photos.You are doing so well.Keep it up.I bet you feel wonderful.PS-Cutie kids!

Slashnl 06-28-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwife (Post 2803411)
Woohoo!!! Congrats! Our scrubs are color-coded so you can tell people's sizes by looking at the color of the tie. It is very satisfying to go down! Congrats again!

I can't believe this!!! OMG! You might as well wear a sign that says how much you weigh and what size you are.

Anyway... congrats on losing the X!!!

susiemartin 06-28-2009 11:13 AM

Congratulations! Love your blog :)

CLCSC145 06-28-2009 01:48 PM

Way to go!! You should be so very proud of yourself and what you have accomplished!

CountingDown 06-28-2009 01:59 PM

:woohoo: Congrats! What a wonderful victory!

cfmama 06-28-2009 03:09 PM

A LARGE!!!!! OMG a LARGE!!!!! That is SO FREAKING AWESOME FOR YOU! What a total NSV! I am so proud of you and you must be so proud of yourself!

Cinnamon 06-28-2009 09:40 PM

that is so great! great job!

DCHound 06-28-2009 10:30 PM

That is HUGE! HYOOGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is such a tremendous wonderful fantastic thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A 3 1/2 X to a L in 14 months?!?! You realize, that is actually like 9, 10 dress sizes????!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

better health3 06-29-2009 12:03 AM

This is so fantastic!! I know what you mean about cringing with the old sizes. Congrats on your hard earned accomplishment! YAY!

Gela 06-29-2009 12:49 AM

Congratulations! That's such an accomplishment! I can't wait to get into L scrubs. I have three new pairs just waiting lol.

Primm 06-29-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwife (Post 2803411)

Ours are too.

Embarrassing story time: I work in NICU, and we have a "code nurse" whose job it is to attend problematic deliveries, help out and go on retrievals. Anyway, I was codey a couple of weeks ago and my pager went off with a code blue in theatres when I wasn't changed.

I raced down the stairs, grabbed a set of scrubs (in my old size, because I wasn't thinking) and threw them on. I couldn't do the tie up tight enough because they were too big, but I didn't have time to get changed again.

You can guess what happened. I scrubbed in, collected the baby in a sterile wrap and was making my way (quickly, cos bub wasn't breathing) into the resus room attached to the theatre when... yep, my pants fell down.

Amidst the tension in the theatre there were quite a few muted chuckles, and then later I was the talk of the place as the OB and midwives took great delight in making sure everyone knew about my dilemma.

PS bub needed some Neopuff breaths, but is doing fine now. I, on the other hand, will never live down the experience. Lucky I had good undies on.:o

HVEECK 06-29-2009 09:54 PM

:hug:thanks guys:hug:
I can't believe they would have different color's for different sizes!! that is so humiliating :o
we are lucky we can choose what kind of scrubs we want to wear.
oh primm that is a hilarious story, I feel for you. a couple months ago one of my coworkers was joking around with a nurse and pulled her string on her scrub pants, well not realizing what would happen. but her pants ended up falling down, and she had NO underwear on!!!:eek: so I guess it could have been worse ;)