3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Moving! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/175096-moving.html)

SwimGirl 06-24-2009 02:16 PM

Moving!

I've been MIA for the past 2-4 weeks, I've been busy planning a move across the country! Our move day is Friday, so just a couple more days to go! I am starting to get a little excited, but also nervous because there is TONS to do! Also, I'm sad to leave my friends! :( But I'll make new friends, and it'll be a good experience for me and my boyfriend!

With no food in the house, ugh, dieting has been a disaster! I've gained 3 pounds last time I weighed myself, and I'm sure there will be some more weight added to that.. as that was a week ago, and I've had 3 goodbye parties since then!

I am excited to move into our new apt! Which comes with a pool, where you can swim laps.. and incase you can't tell by my nickname, I love to swim! The building also has a gym! Also where we are moving I can walk out the door and go for a walk!! Where I live now, not so doable, for a couple reasons, mainly bears and cougars.. scary!

Anyways, just wanted to share everything going on with me! A stressful, exciting, nervous, terrifying time! But it'll be a good learning experience for the bf and I.. a good test of the relationship!

-Aimee

rochemist 06-24-2009 02:24 PM

YGG! and get back on track. I am missing my pool this summer.

SnowboundChick 06-24-2009 02:42 PM

Good luck with the move. How exciting that must be and so lucky to have a pool, this is a major perk as far as I can see.

Numina 06-24-2009 05:38 PM

Even good change can be a little scary --- but it sounds like there are some definite fat-busting perks to be had! Pools! Gyms! Outdoor walks! It all sounds really good to me!

It really is hard to eat well when everything is so chaotic, but try to get your water in and make sure you have a good breakfast everyday if you can. And soon, you arrange for the eviction of any new pounds that moved in with you by cooking in a new kitchen and checking out new healthy restaurants.

I'm glad you checked in, swimGirl --- can't wait to hear about the new place!

http://lf.hatworld.com/hwl?set=img[7...e:stock_image]

cfmama 06-24-2009 07:47 PM

I can't wait to hear all about it! Making good choices during a move is HARD but it can be done. Good luck and hurry back!

Michelle1210 06-24-2009 07:56 PM

We just did a move from Washington state to New Mexico......I hope you enjoy your new life adventure.!!! I miss my friends and family dearly but not the rain.!!

dragonwoman64 06-24-2009 10:33 PM

Hey, Aimee! remember me? Marge from Brooklyn, I just came back to 3FC to start getting back on program. Good luck with your move, chickee!

SwimGirl 06-25-2009 12:20 PM

Thanks for the tips ladies! Water! :lol: I knew I was forgetting something ;)

Marge - of course I remember you!! WB!

So yesterday was my last day at work, it was pretty silly. They always get people a card, but 6 people signed it... SIX! Kind of sad since I work with probably 100 people, and more than 6 people became my friend, but didn't bother to take the time to sign it. I didn't shed on tear, and I'm PMSing, so its nearly impossible for me NOT to right now. heh. Sad. My bf's store was so thoughtful in everything they got for us (Winnipeg survival guide - they did tons of research, made a binder, with a table on contents, wow!). Anyways, I am more sad that I had that little of an impact on people, rather than leaving them. Ah well.. time for new people! Phew! Thanks for the vent :)

-Aimee

Numina 06-25-2009 01:16 PM

SwimGirl,

The unfortunate thing is that most people are so caught up in their own soap operas that they simply don't spend any time thinking about anyone else; it doesn't really say anything about YOU at all --- it just can be a very self-involved world out there.

But to HECK with them! YOU are off on a great new adventure with a wonderful guy and an increasingly-by-decreasing healthy you. Good-byes are always tough, just look forwards instead of behind.

I can't wait to hear about Winnipeg!

ChocLabLover 06-26-2009 09:32 AM

Good luck with move Aimee!!

SwimGirl 07-03-2009 12:49 PM

I've arrived in Winnipeg!! Took us nearly a week, mostly because we went to my mom's place for a couple days and then took the long way thru the Rocky Mountains. It was a sometimes beautiful drive (B.C. and part of Alberta), and the rest was long and boring! The mover's bring our stuff tomorrow, and then it's unpacking and preparing for work on Monday! Hopefully the scale is the last thing to be unpacked so I can undo some of the damage of sitting for 4 days! :lol:

-Aimee

H8cake 07-03-2009 12:56 PM

I'm glad you made it safely Aimee. Now just jump back on plan and the little blip of weight gain will be gone in no time. Enjoy that pool! I'm totally jealous, I live where it's really hot and have no pool. Maybe I'll run through the sprinklers to make myself feel better:lol:

SwimGirl 07-04-2009 12:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the view from the new place!

-Aimee

TraceyElaine 07-04-2009 06:50 AM

Beautiful! Wow!

dragonwoman64 07-04-2009 10:01 AM

lovely! good luck with everything, sounds exciting!