Old 06-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Holidays at home not so good.

I've taken two weeks off from work and just working around the house. I'm going to have to plan my meals because yesterday was a complete bust! I was sitting at 302.2 this morning and I haven't track all week, don't ask me why. I have to make a priority.

Hubby likes to make big breakfast when we are not too busy, so the last three mornings I've had eggs. I find when I have eggs in the morning I tend to eat more in the day, seems weird because I heard the opposite was true but I do.

Plus, we ordered pizza the Wednesday night, then Kale had a friend over and I made them frozen pizza, I didn't have any but we took the kids to the park after I picked up Hubby from work and he hadn't eaten either so we got Chinese food for two. I must plan. Next week should be better because Marcel is going to fix his truck this weekend, so I won't either get stranded without a vehicle or have to go out and get him. He works 15 minutes out of town at the airport.

I'm going to be busy. Yesterday I cleaned the house all day (it's still not clean) and with picking up and dropping off kids and Hubby, my day just seems crazy. Today I'm going to mop my floors, plant my last garden box (so lot's of digging and moving dirt and manure, I'm going to aquafit at 12 and then after that I'm going down to the day care to help them take the toddlers swimming, they need an extra body and then more yard work I think.

Hubby's off for the next 3 days so we'll be doing lot's of stuff outside with the boys over the weekend.

And next week my plan is to organize (do a clean sweep of the storage areas). So even though I have my days at home by myself I'm feeling overwhelmed with too much to do. I think I need to get more organize, my list and plan meals. I want to have days where I have one-on-one days with each of the kids and I want a couple of days where I do nothing but sit on my butt and read my book and relax.

I just need to be able to make this work and still live healthy and get my exercise.

I'm going to scout around for some easy food recipes on the boards here and I found some the other day when someone suggested in another thread to google search 'low-cal, no cook' meals. There were tons of ideas.

Okay, I feel better to have unloaded that all! Thanks.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Yep - vacation time can be tough! I had a rough week or two at the very beginning of the summer, getting into the swing of being home all day. (I'm a teacher.) You can do it, though!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Planning your menus should be the first thing! Especially supper so you aren't "caught" again. That's too bad about the eggs. My husband loves to make me very cheesy omelettes on the weekends.

Sounds like you'll have a productive week: but to help you from getting over whelmed, do "schedule" it! As in Monday am: Front hall closet, Monday pm, mop all floors--or whatever. Have fun.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like you have a good plan going forward. I like that you aren't beating yourself up too bad! Way to move on!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes, yes and yes to planning, planning and PLANNING some more. Eating healthy won't happen on it's own that's for sure, it MUST be planned out ahead of time - IN ADVANCE. This has been my saving grace. And I know it will continue to be for years and years to come.

You've got to set yourself up for success. You've got to do whatever it takes to get yourself to transition into and become the person you want to be. Plan the heck out of your days. Stick to it like glue. Talk to hubby, get him on your side, tell him you need his help now. Set yourself up some rules, some food laws to abide by, some definite NO's - take away that decision making process - should I, shouldn't I? Find, scout out, discover, new and healthy, yet DELICIOUS foods to eat. Stock up your home with the good healthy stuff. Cook a bunch of stuff at a time, soups are great, stir-frys, chillis. Put them in individual serving containers - makes it harder to eat extra. Make ginormous salads with great fixings in there.

You do sound like you've got a busy week ahead, but I think it's good to be busy - keeps your mind off of the food as you are still in the early stages of your journey. Use everything to your advantage.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #6  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Well, looks like you have a pretty good game plan. Just stick with it girlfriend.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote