Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 06:27 AM   #1  
hot mom wanna be!

Default 2002 is halfway over....

2002 is almost halfway over, I was wondering if anyone would like to post how they picture themselves at the holiday season. I picture 6 months from now being 50 pounds smaller. I want to be able to say "I have lost 100 pounds in two years". I started trying to lose Jan 1, 2001. Wouldnt it be cool to be 100 less on Jan 1, 2003?? I know I can do it if I put my mind to it. I have lost this much before in 6 months (50 pounds) and I was much smaller then when I STARTED to lose them!! I havent really put much effort into exercise and I will start doing this to help get me to this goal. I know it may be almost a miracle to do this but I cant get this picture out of my head!! Also I'd like to get a 'formal portrait" done of me and Logan (my son) together. I have never done this yet--only regular snapshots. It's like you dont want to admit you are this big in pictures. I had formal pictures taken on the cruise and I actually liked them! I didnt look half bad to say so myself!! So imagine how I can look 6 months from now if I put forth the effort...

sorry for a long post--anyone else want to jump in on this one??

lorelei
313/266/160 final goal
Old 06-22-2002, 09:42 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

Default a very interesting question

and thanks for posting it, lorelei.

hmmm. if anyone had told me last summer that i'd be at least 210 pounds lighter by the next summer, i'd have laughed them out of the room!!! yet, here it is.

if anyone had told me in january, when i had the wls, that i would be more than 100 pounds lighter before summer, i'd have told them they were overly optimistic. the most optimistic person indicated that it would take me about 8-10 months to lose that much.

but, here it all is!!! so what do i hope to have accomplished by the end of the year?? at a conservative rate of 15 pounds a month, that'll be [6 x 15 = 80 no 90 pounds]. so, that's my goal.

and i might actually make it!!!! and that'll leave me only about 20-30 pounds to go!!!!!!

<sigh> i only wish i hadn't needed the surgery to do this.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:48 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Jifff It was needed but look at how wonderful you have done. your struggles are no less than ours!!! infact I will say that even with the surgery your struggles are harder than ours!! If we overeat we just have cheated our selves, but you have a limited a=mout of food and really have to chose the foods you put into your mouth. it must be a consious effort to put food in your mouth!!

well I know you do not need to know all that but it helps to know others understand how hard you have struggles!!

For me I know I will be at goal. Ihave 40 to go. and my 43rd birthday is a good make my goal goal. I am sitting about 180 right now (although I was at 169 0nce) I feel that 40 is a great goal to reaach for! and very doable as long as i can keep my focus.

Last edited by nasus40; 06-22-2002 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-22-2002, 10:21 AM   #4  

My goal for the holiday season - actually my birthday on Nov. 29th - is 29.5 pounds away. I will then be lighter than I have been in almost 10 years, and almost halfway to my goal. I'm actually excited about needing new clothes for the holdays!

Sue, I saw your pics in the other thread - WOW! you look incredible!!!
Old 06-22-2002, 11:45 AM   #5  

My Birthday, my Dh's birthday and our 5 yr. wedding anniversary are all the week of Oct 7th. I had really wated to be 175 by then, I'm 205 now and I still think I can do 30 pounds by then, by Christmas/ New Years, I don't know but it will be nice to start 2003 with only 10 or 15 pounds left to lose till goal, I cannot even imagine what that will feel like.

Well, yes I can imagine, it'll be the first christmas with my kids ever where I'll be jumping in front of the camera and begging to go skiing.

Happy thoughts all around!

SunDrop
Old 06-22-2002, 08:32 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I have six mini-goals and am currently working on the first one, which is to weigh 215 by July 12. The Christmas holidays fall between mini-goal #4 (170 by Nov. 30, which is hubby's birthday) and mini-goal #5 (160 by January 1, 2003). So, at Christmas, I picture myself in my size 12 green polka-dot dress my grandmother bought for me a few years before she died. It's one of my favorite pieces of clothing, but I have not been able to pull it over my gigantic butt for quite a while now!

Jennelle
242.5/224.5/140
18 lbs. gone
Old 06-22-2002, 09:36 PM   #7  
JML
Success Story!!!

How do I picture the holiday season?

Well, first I'm going to keep on picturing my summer mini-goals, but once I get past those, let's see:

If I can continue to lose one pound per week, which is my goal for as long as it is possible, I should be able to lose another 20 pounds by November 12th. That's pretty good. That will mean I'll have lost 70 pounds by a week and a half before Thanksgiving. I think from Thanksgiving through New Year's it would be reasonable to have maintenance as a goal, but if I happen to lose more weight, I will be delighted. I will weigh 180 pounds, probably be down a good size from now, and be able to buy all my clothes in the misses section. Hopefully, I will no longer have back or knee problems and I can try skiing again -- and skating --- and sledding. I also want to be able to get back to the gym, and look forward to hiking in the spring. I will be thinner than I was in college, and that will be a nice feeling.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:21 AM   #8  
hot mom wanna be!

I was away from my computer for a few days and wondered if anyone would respond to this since the holidays seem so far away...
I think it's great that we all have it in the back of our mind.
If we lose weight or not the holidays will still come and wont we feel better weighing less and being healthier?? I will reward myself like I stated before with new clothes and pictures. I am really looking forward to doing that.
lets keep plugging away and see how close we come in December!

lorelei
Old 06-28-2002, 10:14 AM   #9  

Thank you!!

Thank you for posting this. I think that as time goes by, we all seem to lose a "sense of time". Just yesterday it was Christmas and I was thinking about the summer. I wanted to be much smaller and fitter by now. I was determined. But here I am, dreading the summer. I am bigger than I was last summer.

Now here I am thinking about New Years. I want to wear one of those sexy gowns. I want to feel good on my birthday and not blow out my candles promising myself that I would be skinny by my next birthday.

6 months to go till then. I can do alot of things in 6 months.

I will set a reasonable goal for 6 months. 6 lbs a month. That will be 36 lbs gone. And with enough exercise and strength, I may even surpass that goal, and reach my final goal, which is 47 lbs away.

We all needed a reality check, thank you!!
Old 06-29-2002, 08:59 AM   #10  
hot mom wanna be!

Hey Jenniffer!
I should be thanking you! You are so sweet! I have been thinking a lot lately about the end of the year. Like I think "100 pounds lost in two years". Or.. You could be a size 20 and wear Old Navy jeans this fall (I love that store). They only go up to a 20 and right now I am a 22. (from a tight 26 jeans before). These things have been keeping me in line lately.
I know both of us will be so happy this New Years-our skinny selves!

lorelei
Old 06-30-2002, 03:48 AM   #11  
emerging from my cocoon

I see myself wearing trousers and a short sweater or cardigan to informal events, rather than a long, flowing overshirt.
I see myself sledging with the guys instead of making hot chocolate with the mums.
I see myself wearing LONG boots and a shorter skirt.
I see myself having my navel pierced.

Old 07-02-2002, 01:12 PM   #12  
hot mom wanna be!

hi indigogirl!
I like your response. I would like to be able to show more, too instead of finding the best outfit to cover myself up. Also being more active and not self concious sounds great too. I dont know about the belly button though-I am a BIG chicken!!

anybody else thinking about the holidays??
lorelei
Old 07-03-2002, 12:54 AM   #13  
gbo

I am two lbs from having lost 60lbs and funny enough I sat down this evening and did a bit of figuring. I should love to see me down to 238 my lowest weight since adulthood but as that is 57lbs. Well shoot for the stars I always say!!!! I should be quite happy however to have lost another 43 as that would mean I have lost 100lbs. Now I can promise you that day I shall celebrate like a fool!!!!!!!!!
Pam
Old 07-03-2002, 12:56 AM   #14  
gbo

60lbs since I started.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:44 PM   #15  
hot mom wanna be!

Thumbs down

Hey Pam (gbo)
You have done great! I am working on catching up with you! I am at 50 now and would love to be near 60 lost! Keep thinking about those goals at all these summer get togethers, picnics and hopefully our holiday goals will be met!
good luck!!
lorelei
Closed Thread