Old 06-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #1  

Height: 4'11"

Default How are things going for you?

Things are going well for me. I'm sitting here eating mini sweet peppers. I can eat about 9 of them for about 25 calories. Yum. I went away for the weekend and did not eat any junk food (ie: fast food or sugary stuff)! How are things going for you?

Last edited by thinpossible; 06-01-2009 at 07:30 PM.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You are SEVEN DAYS WITHOUT JUNK FOOD BABY!!!!! Awesome (just had to throw that in.)

I'm good. I'm full after my midafternoon protein shake with water and some string cheese. I'm lovin this shake idea! I'm chewing some gum and all the daycare kids are gone home. Mine are downstairs playing with wooden trains and I'm sittin on the net. The sun is shining, the windows are open and I'm liking life right now.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey there, Ladies.

I am doing okay here. I just finished eating scrambled egg whites with a LC cheese wedge and Pico de Gayo. I stayed the afternoon @ the pool. I ate about 1/4 cup of chex mix there (or less) and one apple.

I binged yesterday on Kashi cereal--I ate I think three servings with the accompanying almond milk. I don't keep much "junk" @ my house for this reason. It's just too easy to eat things when they are here. I like keeping 6-grain mueslix here rather than boxed cereal. The problem is my kids won't eat mueslix so I always have a box of something for them here.

I slept too long this morning so I didn't run. Once I got out of bed I did make myself do the 30 DS though.

Hope all is well with ya'll. Good work thinpossible. CF--sounds like a good day.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Things are going well for me today! Just finished my buffalo burgers (minus the bun), black beans and green beans...yum! I'm having some wicked crazy hormone issues but they are not affecting my resolve to stick to my plan so I can deal with them. Thinking of walking the dog one more time before it gets dark and doing some strength training (something new for me) before bed.

Thinpossible-congrats on the weekend. Being away from home always makes things more challenging!

cfmama-sounds like a picture perfect afternoon!

Thighs be gone-cereal is my achilles heel. I can't even go down the cereal aisle in the store...just too tempting.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #5  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Today has been pretty good Kids are finally in bed after swimming in the pool, I'm running a hot bath and trying to catch all of Maneater...maybe one day Good thing Lifetime will air the same movie a million times in a month!

I am finishing up a chicken breast and salad. Since my DH won't be home till really late I'm trying to decide to either play Metallica on Guitar Hero or play around on my wii fit. Both are a work out lol I dance around when I play GH Just not feeling the serious workout I could do tonight!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #6  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Congrats on that seven days thinpossible!! That's excellent.

Me, just plugging along. On plan and trying to find new ways to keep the exercise challenging and useful.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #7  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

I'm good. The scales are going down, and I feel confident that it'll continue to do so. I am however quite tired and I think I'm getting a cold. I'm also sick of it being so cold - which is a problem, as it's only the second day of winter.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
You are SEVEN DAYS WITHOUT JUNK FOOD BABY!!!!! Awesome (just had to throw that in.)

I'm good. I'm full after my midafternoon protein shake with water and some string cheese. I'm lovin this shake idea! I'm chewing some gum and all the daycare kids are gone home. Mine are downstairs playing with wooden trains and I'm sittin on the net. The sun is shining, the windows are open and I'm liking life right now.
Thanks What do you put in your protein shake? I like to put in a scoop of protein powder, some splenda, a splash of almond milk, banana and strawberries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Hey there, Ladies.

I am doing okay here. I just finished eating scrambled egg whites with a LC cheese wedge and Pico de Gayo. I stayed the afternoon @ the pool. I ate about 1/4 cup of chex mix there (or less) and one apple.

I binged yesterday on Kashi cereal--I ate I think three servings with the accompanying almond milk. I don't keep much "junk" @ my house for this reason. It's just too easy to eat things when they are here. I like keeping 6-grain mueslix here rather than boxed cereal. The problem is my kids won't eat mueslix so I always have a box of something for them here.

I slept too long this morning so I didn't run. Once I got out of bed I did make myself do the 30 DS though.

Hope all is well with ya'll. Good work thinpossible. CF--sounds like a good day.
Good for you for getting right back OP. Cereal is a trigger for me too. I buy my kids Life or Honey Nut Cheerios, but I try not to eat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildThings View Post
Things are going well for me today! Just finished my buffalo burgers (minus the bun), black beans and green beans...yum! I'm having some wicked crazy hormone issues but they are not affecting my resolve to stick to my plan so I can deal with them. Thinking of walking the dog one more time before it gets dark and doing some strength training (something new for me) before bed.

Thinpossible-congrats on the weekend. Being away from home always makes things more challenging!

cfmama-sounds like a picture perfect afternoon!

Thighs be gone-cereal is my achilles heel. I can't even go down the cereal aisle in the store...just too tempting.
Is a buffalo burger made from buffalo?

Have a great evening everyone. (Now I'm 8 days w/o junk )
Old 06-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

7, no make that 8 days. That's a marvelous, marvelous HUGE accomplishment. I found for myself the first 10 days really, really difficult and once I got past that, it got MUCH easier. You're there. You're doing it!!!

I am back on track, since yesterday, after having a small encounter with some cheesecake and then - cereal - over the earlier portion of the weekend. I had stayed away from cereal for a while, but then decided to just have a small amount of it. Ha. How many times do I have to re-learn that lesson? Maybe this was the final time. Well, you never know, stranger things have been known to happen.

Maybe I ought to tattoo it somewhere on my body. STAY AWAY FROM CEREAL. Far. Far. AWAY.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I just mix 1 scoop of Arbonne chocolate protein powder with 16 oz of water. Nothin else added. I might be weird but I LOVE it that way!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 AM   #11  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

It's morning here on weighday. Just had breakfast and about to go weigh.
I'm starting to get nervous on weighdays and I think when I get back from Spain I won't set any more time-sensitive goals: it puts too much mental pressure on me.
If I go to Spain at the weight I last logged (184.6) I am 41lbs lighter than when I booked the trip, and I need to learn to celebrate that, rather than beat myself up if I haven't made the 179 (I'd take 179.9!!!!!) that I aimed for.
These things are all part of the learning journey.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

I love peppers Never thought of eating them until recently but I'm sure they're keeping chocolate cravings away.

We went away for the weekend and I ate 3 ice creams (they were planned and I made sure they were the only "treat" I was eating and cut down bread to leave enough calories for them) but also managed to drink lots of water and spent most the time away walking so hopefully I'll of at least maintained but maybe lost. We didn't eat out once and had salad with everything -we were camping and at one point would of had bacon butties for breakfast, eaten out for lunch, had an ice cream in the day, cooked lots sausages on the campfire in the evening and got an ice cream from the ice cream van in the evening so big changes there So feeling very pleased we had just the one ice cream

Eating lots of salad since we got back too as it's hot weather now and I'm too lazy to cook
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm doing OK, I passed the 80 lbs. mark which still makes me go "Really?? me??" which is great. It wasn't fast - about 20 months I think, but I did it! and I did it the best way for ME so that makes me feel proud. I'm tweaking thigns right now, to see what food cut-backs I can live with so I can drop some more weight over the summer. The Monday-Friday routine is pretty stable, same breakfast every day but that works for me as I'm on auto pilot at that point LOL Lunches are all pre-planned, and dinners as well. No snacking at night, but tea and a little 'treat' after dinner (either an organic ginger cookie, lite jello, or i'll go crazy and have a popsicle!) Weekends are a bit more lax, usually because of entertaining and preparing big meals for everyone visiting -- I don't eat near as much as i used to tho! I'm plugging away at it
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #14  

Things are not going anywhere for me. I read about healthy eating, and I buy healthy foods, but I either "supplement" my diet with bad planning and a fast-food choice, or meet a friend for dinner, or simply don't pay attention to what I'm doing. While I am not a total stranger to exercise, lately I haven't done a lick of it even though the weather has been beautiful and I have easy access to beautiful trails outside my front door.

I've lost a significant amount of weight before, but I feel like a bit of a fraud being here without putting in any true efforts. I keep hoping that if I keep seeking information, something will click.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
I'm starting to get nervous on weighdays and I think when I get back from Spain I won't set any more time-sensitive goals: it puts too much mental pressure on me.
Good idea, why put undo pressure on yourself when you're doing so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
I'm doing OK, I passed the 80 lbs. mark which still makes me go "Really?? me??" which is great. It wasn't fast - about 20 months I think, but I did it! and I did it the best way for ME so that makes me feel proud.
You've made so much progress and you're well over half way there. It must be a great feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
Things are not going anywhere for me. I read about healthy eating, and I buy healthy foods, but I either "supplement" my diet with bad planning and a fast-food choice, or meet a friend for dinner, or simply don't pay attention to what I'm doing. While I am not a total stranger to exercise, lately I haven't done a lick of it even though the weather has been beautiful and I have easy access to beautiful trails outside my front door.

I've lost a significant amount of weight before, but I feel like a bit of a fraud being here without putting in any true efforts. I keep hoping that if I keep seeking information, something will click.
You're no fraud, that would be pretending to be something you're not- and you've been honest! Hang in there, you'll find your way!!!