Old 10-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 214.5/see ticker/132

Height: 5'2''

I am on a daily 1200 kcal budget, but varying with the amount of exercise I do. I am using a calorie counting and weight management software.
This is the very first time where I can see why and when to expect a plateau, how my cycle influences my weight and weight loss efforts, what exactly happens, when I eat one day a bit more from my fav food, etc.
I am very happy that I found this, as it explains many things concerning my "weird" metabolism (which is actually not that weird at all - just didn't understand it...)
I try to eat whole foods, considerably less meat and I learn to identify hidden fat sources.
Besides all this, I got myself to walk on a daily base and do some yoga in the mornings.
beni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:51 AM   #47  
Never Never Never Give Up

S/C/G: FATTER/FAT/HEALTY

Height: 5'6

Not on any diet here. It's a lifestyle change for me & DH. Just cutting calories, watching portions & exercise.

Welcome to the boards!
BlueEyedWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:17 AM   #48  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Not a diet...a lifestyle change. Because this is not a temporary thing. It's forever.

I eat healthy. No fried foods. Low sugar. Low fat. Low carb. Lots of fruit and veggies and tons of water.
I am a calorie counter. 1200-1400 a day

Good luck...you are in a wonderful place to help you in your journey.

Last edited by Terre; 10-13-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #49  
The journey begins...

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I follow Dr. Oz's plan plus calorie counting. It is a common sense pan: no white (rice, pasta, sugar, flour), any fruit, any veg (no corn), very lean meats, etc.
JillyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:09 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I have been calorie counting - combining this with learning how to 'live' healthier with food such as: eat seated only, for down between bites, leave a bite, plan/log, slow mindful eating, etc.

It's based on the book, Beck Diet Solution.

All this being said - I am switching to the exchange program because I am going to have surgery soon. It's Richard Simmons Food Mover plan. I am very comfortable with this.

WELCOME!!!!!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #51  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm on the "eat less, move more" diet. I'm probably one of the least strict posters on 3fc in that I don't have "forbidden foods." I eat white rice and ice cream and bacon and bagels. I just don't eat them all the time, and I eat much less than I used to. I feel physically better when I eat healthily and exercise, so I do it.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 192/166/145

Height: 5'6

I limit my carbohydrate intake to once daily and i consume loads of vegetables. I also walk at least 30minutes daily.
MaryOjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 243/237/170

Height: 5'2

I count calories and make wiser food choices. I am all over High Fiber foods...I can call myself a HIGH FIBER COUNTER! LOL
Amy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #54  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

I started my journey after having my 6th baby and while nursing. I began by focusing on eating healthy food and giving up fried food, and decreasing sugar, bread,rice and potatoes and pasta. With a huge focus on veggies,fruits and drinking water. I started walking the neighborhood for 30 minutes/ 1 mile 3 times a week. Those changes alone helped me lose about 70 pounds.
It was alittle trial and error making sure I ate enough to keep my milk supply up and figuring out which veggies gave my baby bad gas but it worked out in time. I suggest starting your morning with the lower sugar oatmeal , oatmeal is great for supply and filling for you.
I hope this helps alittle. I am so thrilled my youngest will never know the tired obese mom I once was.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #55  
Out is Through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki6kidsmom View Post
I am so thrilled my youngest will never know the tired obese mom I once was.
We're all thrilled for you too You're an inspiration!
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 276/270/160

Height: 5'4

I'm not on any specific diet or plan. I just cut out EVERYTHING I was eating previously such as cheeseburgers, french fries, taco bell (although I had 2 items from their new 'fresco' menu last night, about 330 cals for 2 tacos and 9 grams of fat for both) pizza, nachos, milkshakes, ice cream, candy bars, salads from chain restaurants which often have the same or even more calories and fat than the items listed above, et cetera.

These are all things that I would eat daily--no wonder I have ballooned up to this weight. So, I cut ALL those things out and replaced them with healthy foods. Now for breakfast instead of a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from bojangles or McD's I have fruit, a light yogurt, and oatmeal.

For lunch I have a salad from the grocery store, or a lean cuisine, or a veggie delight sub from subway along with fruit, a cheese stick or yogurt.
Dinner follows the same formula.

I also do cardio an hour a day which is leaps and bounds above the nothing I was doing beforehand.

I'm planning to make a spreadsheet that allows me to track the calories, calories from fat, sodium content, carb content, protein, fiber, etc and compare what I'm eating against the reccomended daily values so I can make sure I'm getting enough of everything.
onherweighdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #57  

Height: 5'4''

I calorie count - 1500-1600 a day. I try to exercise 3-4 days a week but doesn't always happen. I eat according to the mediterranean diet, with a few small tweaks for weight loss.
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote