Blouse joy!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I'm getting ready to walk into the city to get measured for a vacation bra . It's about 20 minutes walk, and I decided my best shoes for it, being beige and white, would not go with my ubiquitous black trousers.
    So I got my sand German trousers out. Good. The're not nearly as divisive as they used to be!
    Most of my Ts are in a spare bedroom waiting to be packed. My black T-shirt wouldn't go with the sand.
    So I got a brown blouse with gold embroidery out of the wardrobe. For years it's been an 'overshirt', with edges that barely met, certainly didn't fasten, for use over a T-shrit.

I guess you've guessed it from the build-up: it fastens, it's loose it's gorgeous and I am so happy!

Yes, I know there's a perfectly good NSV thread but I wanted to shout louder!

WOOHOO!
  • Losing weight allows you to go "shopping" in your own closet. Isn't it great? Way to go!!
  • Congratulations! I'm always excited to read your posts, they keep me smiling.
  • It is sweet to see your excitement over the littlest things!
  • Isn't that the best feeling in the world!!!!
  • Woo-hoo!! Good for you. I love clothes NSVs!
  • Wonderful, Great job and Way to Go!!!!!!
  • That is awesome!
  • Yep this keeps happening to me too. Ain't it fun???? I wore a pair of jeans yesterday for the first time that had lived in my basement since 2003. I bought them 2 weeks before Thanksgiving 2000. I loved those jeans. And they look better on me NOW than when I bought them. THANK YOU GYMNASIUM!!!!
  • This is wonderful!! I am so happy for you. It is a good idea to shop often in your closet because sometimes you may miss something on your way down! Congrats!
  • Woo hoo! That is awesome!
  • Congrats, Ali! I too love your posts.
  • BEAUTIFUL! Don't you just love it!
  • ILOVE the idea of shopping in my own closet!
  • AWESOME!!! I know where you are coming from, and it will only get better!
    And THROW OUT all those clothes that are too big! That way, you won't be able to slide UP the size scale because if your clothes get too tight, you have to lose weight or spend some money!

Kira