Panic has set in!

• Hello 3fc army. I feel like I am to much of a newbie to be whining already but, I am scared to go home after work! This of course sounds crazy however, I started my period this morning, feel the water weight sludging on already (oh what a difference a few hours makes, I can gain 10lbs in water),cramps, feel like crying at any moment... you know everything seems worse, overwhelmed and tired. In the past how I would handle this situation is go home, put on jammies, and have something really large and bad for me to eat, well several large bad for me things to eat. I would not do this of course because I was hungry but just to feel better. I'm scared to go home!!
    I do know however not to get on the scale for a few days until the water weight dissapears.
    Thank you all for listening. I'm on the ledge ready to jump into the cream cheese!!
  • I started today also...Im not sure when my water weight comes or goes, so I guess I;ll still weigh. Hang in there!
  • Don't jump!!

I was in this same place earlier this week- wanting to eat anything that didn't run away from me.

Can you go to the park and walk a bit before you get home. Plan what you are going to eat when you do go home. After you eat something good for your body, put those jammies on and go to sleep. this will look a lot better in the morning!
  • sometimes its good to be a guy. Peeing standing up is fun and I don't have to worry about TOM water weight gain :P.

Seriously, it will be okay. Water weight goes away with time.
  • Good one, Matt!

I agree with going for a walk. I think that increasing exercise has really helped with TOM for me. Water weight gain, cramps, etc have all decreased with increasing activity.
  • Go home and do something that requires you to use your hands so you won't be able to handle food. Paint your nails, clean your basement, or just take a long hot bubblebath with a good book then go to bed early. And keep telling yourself how GREAT you are going to feel TOMORROW if you don't go snack-mad today!!!!!
  • Thank you so much everyone these are all good suggestion. I do have something yummy planned for dinner, it is a recipe I found in the carb counters forum, a mock Cracker Barrel Potaoe Casserole, with squash instead, then I will take a hot bath, paint my nails and toes, and I have new book to start. Thank you again so much for your support. I am Scarlet the Brave and I will not go snack-mad!
    Have a great night everyone!
    p.s. Matt, I still can't pee standing up, but a girl can't have everything!
  • I always have a snack with protein in mind when I get home. A handful of almonds... a string cheese... a couple spoonsful of cottage cheese or greek yogurt... a glass of milk. That way I get something into my system, and I can get on with cooking dinner.

If I don't have a plan, I'll find myself eating anything that's not nailed down. And if I try to not eat a snack when my body's telling me I need one, I will eat MUCH more than I expect or anticipate, and throw off my dinner completely.
  • I did it!!
    Thanks everyone, I followed all of your great suggestions and stuck to the plan.