Old 06-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #46  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

OOOOO this one's big....
I went to a clothing outlet today with a friend, and I saw a nice skirt to take on the hols.
Went and tried it on and it was ----- TOO BIG! So I asked friend if she could get me a smaller size, a UK18 but we couldn't remember where it had come from. So she called an assistant over and said, 'She'd like an um er smaller size than um er' . Hey, I know she'd wear a bag on her head if she ever even approached a size UK18, she's a UK10/12, all through her own efforts, all credit. but when the assitant came I cut through all the um ers and said loudly, A UK20 is too big, could you bring me an UK18, please? and boy, boy, boy, did it feel good!
The skirt fits fine in the UK18, no muffins at all, in fact in that range I'm probably a 16 and a half but I don't want things to be squirted out above the waistband.

O, the joy.

I shared it with the friend over lunch, figuring she couldn't be challenged or resentful, being as she's so much lighter. I told her what a joy/buzz it had been to send something back as too big. She smiled. She looked at me and said, 'Your face is getting drawn.'

1. It was Still a joy!
2. Hey, maybe she WAS threatened - maybe I'm getting hawt!!!!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #47  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Yesterday I really, really wanted chocolate. My favourite indulgence used to be a "family" size Burnt almond bar--which I rarely shared with the family!

Lasy night, I wanted one--badly. Failing that, I wanted Hot Chocolate. Yummy Carnation pre-mixed Hot Chocolate.

I'd been out making the Great Parental Sacrifice -- watching my daughter play soccer in the freezing temperatures and the biting wind--some parents brought blankets and gloves--I wasn't so prepared-- To give you an objective idea--Temperatures dropped to just one degree (C) above freezing last night.

We were there an hour and a half!

But I coached hubby in how to "help" me--and eventually he said "do you want to have chocolate or do you want to be fat?" I had to laugh. My poor husband would rather say nothing than be that blunt!

So, I had a hot shower and a cup of tea and some yogurt with fruit.
That worked!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #48  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Had a meeting in one of the classrooms, sat in a standard classroom chair. I was not in pain due to my stomache pressing up against the front of the chair. Thats a great thing when before it felt like I was holding my breath when sitting in the chair.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #49  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Mug! That's fantastic.

Ailidh--Congrats! Is that the friend going to Spain with you?

One of my motivations in fact was sitting in a Fast food restaurant and feeling the table with my belly. Ugh. I hated that so much.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #50  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana in Canada View Post

Ailidh--Congrats! Is that the friend going to Spain with you?

No. This is fortunate, as I'm not sure how she'd look wearing paella.....
Old 06-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #51  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
No. This is fortunate, as I'm not sure how she'd look wearing paella.....
BWAH! Good for you not letting her stupid comment get to you!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Last night I believe a relationship that was very important to me ended. I was and still am devasted, no sleep, and my eyes are almost swollen shut from crying. In the past this would have been the perfect opportunity to stuff myself with crackers and cream cheese. I did not. I did eat some steamed veggies, as I knew I had to have something. So I face this day, a little stronger, a little wiser, and one pound lighter.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #53  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Scarletmeshell, sending you a big cyberhug. That sucks. Mug, wonderful!!! I remember starving myself down from about a size 24/26 in 11th grade to a size 12/14ish in 12th grade and oh how much more comfortable I fit in a student desk then. Lucky for me, my undergrad and grad school was spent in regular chairs at regular tables, because particularly in grad school I would not have fit otherwise. I was 303 lbs the day I started grad school in 1995.

My NSV today is, today I am wearing a pair of LB size 3 Red jeans I bought the third week of April. In April they were a tiny bit snug but looked great from behind and I wore the heck out of them. Today the waistband comes all the way up to the bottom of my bra...because they are waaaay too big. Tight to floaty in 7 weeks. Awesome!!!

Sadly, I learned last week that Catherine's only carries size 18 and larger. If you want a 14 or 16 they have to special order it for you, or see if Lane Bryant has it instead since they carry a lot of the same stuff. I have to try everything on, so I don't want to do that. I think I'm going to have to say goodbye to Catherine's...when I do that it'll get its own thread I think. My relationship with Catherine's has been very special to me.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Been a while since I've posted here,but I thought it would be a good place to start.

I started the 30 day challenge with EA Active,and on my second week of doing it.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #55  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

I just bought a pair of jeans from a normal store! They're size 18 (Aus). I used to be size 24, second to highest size in the plus sizes, so this thrills me beyond comprehension.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #56  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I AM WEARING MY NEW SIZE 16W JEANS TODAY.

In September 2008 I didn't own any jeans that fit. I only wore slacks or sweats. Size 32.

I am wearing the fitted blouse that went with my one size 14 suit from 2003, when I briefly wore a 14. So these 16s fit well enough that I can wear a fitted shirt with them. E.g., no muffin top AT ALL.

OMG I might pass out.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #57  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

So much congrats, Couch & DCHound!!! Enjoy those new clothes, I'm sure they look smoking hawt!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #58  
Happy Plodder

For the last 6 hours, too many calories worth of chorizo has been calling mi nombre from the fridge. Hurrah! I'm off to bed, it didn't succeed!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

I do enjoy chorizo...mmmm...

I have a slight TMI one, but I have a C-section scar (and to think my doctor said right before making it, and you won't even see it in a bikini, ya, cuz that scar was going to be the make it or break it bikini reason) and it has always had a mind of it's own since then. The rest of my stomach is round but doesn't hang over,except for that one little spot and I have to powder it and make sure it doesn't get a rash, ick. I just realized today that I haven't done that in a week and it's fine. There's still a bump on top of the scar and that will likely remain from what I've heard but it's not overlapping anymore. It's really nice when your body stops making its own rashes.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 220/176.2/150

Height: 5'3"

I walked a 5K this morning and then went to lunch with the other women I was walking with. After lunch, my best friend decided to walk to her car, nearly three miles away. I decided to go with her and have her drive me to my car. So, I walked almost six miles today, and not only that, but I wasn't exhausted afterward, just energized, even keeping up with my best friend's faster pace!
anmitche is offline   Reply With Quote