Old 06-01-2009, 03:07 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 1 - 7 June

Now that's scary - that's nearly half the year gone, ladies! How are we doing with our new year resolutions?

I've had a very quiet weekend - came down with the sniffles on Saturday and didn't go to the gym or for a swim. It didn't really amount to much apart from a sore throat and a runny nose, but I didn't think it would hurt to have a weekend off. I'm feeling better now - having said that, I was never really sick...

We had a public holiday here today and I went out for brunch and ate far too much. I've got to get my eating back under control here - I'm doing OK, but I know I can do a lot better than I have been doing.

Tomorrow, I will go to the gym and have a workout, then work which will be very busy. At least the day will go quickly.

Jab, how did the spring cleaning go? Can your daughter who lives out of state take some of her stuff back with her the next time she visits, to give you a bit of space?

MJ, now you see why I call him yummy trainer! How's the knee going today - have you heard any more about the surgery?

Schmoodle, sounds like a busy weekend for you! Hope everything went well.

CC, wrestling 75 lbs of beast twice would have burnt lots of calories, so don't worry about not getting any exercise.

Have a great Monday, everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Happy Monday everyone!!!

The weekend was less productive than I hoped but I managed to get some stuff on my never ending list accomplished.

I have already done my 20 min of exercise, I also weighed in and measured this morning. I dropped another 2 lbs and I've lost a total of 6 inches on my waist which I think is amazing.

Needless to say it has started my Monday off with a smile. I was very happy with my food intake yesterday as well, especially considering I grilled ribeyes for everyone else...lol.

Sun 5/31/09

Lf yogurt
Craisins
Walnuts diced
Water

Cottage cheese
Spoonful of tropical salsa (only 10 calories for 2Tbsp)
Ice tea w/lemon & splenda

Baked lemon pepper cod
Romaine lettuce topped with tropical salsa
Water

Grilled venison (small pc)
Water

Ff pudding
Water

4 oz green goodness juice

Have a great day !!!!!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Ola chicks!
I've done well with food the last few days and feel more in control than I have in a long time. I took the kids for a swim yesterday and did some laps, which felt great. I've missed swimming! I've been counting calories this past week and can see where I need to tighten up the plan. I've dropped 3 of the regained pounds and that's the first time I can say I've lost in months, so that also feels great, although my ticker is still lying. So I am in a good place right now and plan to stay there, since, as my sig says, it's soooo much easier to stay on plan than to have to dig yourself out of a hole!

Here's today:
B: 2 pieces turkey bacon, 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 oatmeal breakfast bar, coffee with skim milk
S: Virgin Mary, mozzarella cheese stick
L: leftover steak over salad with Italian dressing, NSA pudding cup, cup of strawberries
S: skim latte, raw cauli with 2 T hummus
D: cheeseburger (no bun, lowfat cheese), mashed cauli
S: South Beach peanut butter cup or bean brownie

ugg, nicole, don't remind me, I have not made much progress on those resolutions.
jab, sounds like you are doing great, good for you, chick!
Hello to all, hope you have a great start to your week!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!!!

nicolen--YES I do!!! You must find out if he has a g/f! So glad you are feeling better! I'm w/ you, I have been doing 'ok' w/ food, just not great. Thanks for the reminder. For me, well, not so good. Not that I really made resolutions, but I have not been keeping my commitments to myself. That changes today. I have written in my gym "appts" w/ myself in my planner. I know that works, but I had stopped doing it. I need to go fill up my water bottle--something else I have been slacking with...Just a good time to re-focus.

jab--a 2lb loss, that's great!!! I haven't seen a loss in so long, I'm forgetting what it looks like! LOL!!! That's about to change!!!

Schmoodle--a 3lb loss, that's great!!! My ticker is still 'lying' too...I'm tempted to make it right, but I don't want to at the same time....I'm going to let it go a little bit longer and we'll see how I do....I love to swim..that's the one thing I haven't done at my gym. It's a therapy pool, so a little warm for laps, but they do have water aerobics, which I really should check out. It would be good for my knee.

Still no news on the surgery--it's going to take time, and I am sick of waiting!!!

I have my gym clothes all ready for this afternoon. I am ready to get back into my routine of getting to the gym right after work. It will certainly help w/ stress levels and I am willing to bet it is contributing to me having a hard time sleeping lately.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick post to say hi. Crazy at work right now. I am happy to have my job, considering all the layoffs in my town, but I can't say that it is fun here......

Talk to y'all later.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Gah! June already?!

Okay, that means (including this week) there are 30 weeks left in the year. Imagine what we can accomplish in 30 weeks?!

If you lost 1 pounds a week, that would be 30 pounds gone!
If you lost 2 pounds a week, that would be 60 pounds lost!
If you lost 2.5 pounds a week, that would be 75 pounds lost!

I would love to be 75 pounds lighter. Heck, I'd even feel blessed with 30! What would you like to accomplish in 7 months?

Well, onto other stuff:

I ended up walking 2 miles on the treadmill yesterday. I'm doing my best to stick with exercising daily for at least 30 minutes and hopefully longer. It's not easy for me as it's my least favorite thing to do. But oh so necessary for good health! That is the #1 weakest area for accountability for me. So keep me honest! Eating is going fine. And I'm 4.6 pounds from my first 10% goal. What I'm really looking forward to is being below 300 again. Such a dismal number. Tonight I'm going to take the dogs on a long walk.

MJ: Hooray for re-focusing so quickly!
Diane: Hope the craziness gets more manageable soon
Schmoodle: Congrats on the 3 pounds in the right direction!
Jab: Way to go on the waist measurements! They say taking off waist inches can even be better for your health than overall loss.
Nicole: Glad you're feeling better. Say hi to the cute trainer for us...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:57 AM   #7  
Nicole

Hey everyone,

It was a bit of a shock to go back to work today. I like these three day weekends - why can't they happen every weekend. Possibly because 4 days isn't enough to get all my work done. Anyway, a pretty quiet day, especially for the first day back after a long weekend - phones and a couple of grumpy letters that I had to write. One of our systems had a makeover over the weekend and looks really weird. Still, I guess I'll get used to it.

Gym this morning and things went OK. I did weights today since I didn't go to the gym yesterday and I noticed there's a new programme in my folder. Something tells me I'm going to be very sore on Friday night...

Tomorrow is not a gym day, so I might go for a walk. I might not as well - it's dark just after 5 now. I hate this time of year and am really ready for the daffodils to bloom. Any time soon would be great!

Jab, go you! 6" off your waist is fantastic stuff!

Schmoodle, yay for a loss! You'll be back at ticker time before you know it!

MJ, give me time! I actually write on my calendar at work all my gym appointments. It's a good feeling to get to work and cross them off the calendar!

Diane, having a job is fantastic, but hopefully things will slow down for you soon!

CC, keep up the exercise - you'll get there!

Have fun everyone!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Again I've done my stretches and exercise, only 20 minutes but it's better than nothing.

This is the first time I have measured while dieting so I am impressed. I think I was happier to see that the tape measure changed then the scale move, but my focus is on a healthier me and belly fat kills.

I felt really good yesterday and that helped with sticking to the food plan. I felt less tempted, but I was also busy non stop at work so there was no time for my mind to drift.

Mon. 6/1/09

1/2 mango
Banana
Water

Triscuits
Water

Apple
water

cottage cheese
romaine lettuce
salsa
tuna
4 oz green goodness juice
Water

Ff pudding
Water

Good luck to everyone staying OP today and have a great day !!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks....I have finally had a sane day with food yesterday. I have been struggling so so much. I am hoping that I can carry on. I need to think positive...

today -

I will put my fork down between bites.
I will concentrate on tasting the food rather than concentrating on the TV.
I will not eat standing up.
I will do my stretches.
I will meditate.
I will log my food.
I will plan my food day to be healthful and tasty.
I will drink lots of water.

Hope you all have a GREAT day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #10  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I wanted to pop in before the day gets away from me!

Diane--Sorry to hear things are so hectic!

CC--What a great perspective!!! Thanks for listing that! Great job on the exercise! I know what keeps me accountable is posting my exercise plan for the day. That way, I have it down and I know I have to 'tell' on myself if I didn't do it. Now if I at least do something, that's not so bad, but I really don't like coming here and saying that I didn't do it at all!

nicolen--I agree, three day weekends are great! You take all the time you need!! Like Diane said, we are living vicariously through you!!!

jab--I agree, busy days at work are easier to be tempted!!!

Beverlyjoy-Yea! So glad to see you here! I like your food plan to be "healthful and tasty"...great idea!

Rhonda--How are you doing?

I have my healthy lunch all packed. I have already started drinking water. I have my gym clothes waiting for me in the car! At the gym tonight I will lift weights (upper body) and do cardio.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Folks. I've been lurking, but not posting. Nothing much to report here. I'm kind of in a holding pattern. My brother and his family will arrive on Sunday for a visit. The following weekend, we go to Florida for a week. When we get back, I'll be headed to Greensboro for a business trip. With all of this going on, I've not put myself back on my plan. I am regretting it as this will be the first time I meet some of my co-workers. Also, I'll be going to the beach.

This morning, my youngest asked me if something was "on my diet." I told her the Mommy hasn't been on my diet for a while now. Her response.."But, Mommy, don't you want to be healthy?" Somewhere along the line, I lost sight of the real reason I'm doing this. No, I can't get much off before the beach or the business trip, but this isn't all about looking better. So today, I'm trying to eat healthier. It's a start.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Had a good workout today. That is one area that I am doing really well with. I was perfectly on plan yesterday with food, so it was a good day. I had drifted slightly over the past week because of the baseball tournaments (lame excuse, but that's what I let get in my way). It feels so much better to be in my routine and on plan. I'm not sure why it is so hard to remember that!

My daughter started her volleyball workouts yesterday. They mainly did a lot of running, and she knew she is not in great shape. She was so nervous going to it, but when I picked her up, she just chatted and chatted all the way home. She was just excited and had a lot of fun. I told her that she is feeling good about what she did, and that's why she needs to keep it up. She might have rolled her eyes at that point, but I know that I'm right. It felt good to her to get out and move!

Rhonda - You have a lot coming up in the next few weeks. I'm sure it would be really hard to stay perfectly on plan, but I think you're right. You need to try to eat healthy. Boy, your daughter has learned some good lessons!!

MJ - Have a good workout! Sounds like you are ready for the day!

Beverly - Hang tough! You can do this!

Jab - Shrinking waistlines are so good! And so motivating!

Nicolen - Regarding yummy trainer... you must be younger than me. He is really cute, but he looked really young to me!!! (Of course there's nothing wrong with that... now that I think about it!)

CC - You are so close! I'm anxious to hear you tell us all about moving into the 200's!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #13  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi everybody!

I got a new avatar today! 30 pounds gone and 3.4 left to go to my first 10%. Woo Hoo! Eating is fine. Exercise is still needed today. Taking MJ's advice I'll declare it here then I have to do it... How about a 1.1 mile dog walk and 1 miles on the treadmill on an incline. The dogs will love it. They already got an hour at the dog park this afternoon.

Hope you all are doing well. Hang in there!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #14  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 275/257/145

Hello all. I can't tell you how much having this site is really helping.. Its encouraging reading all of your journeys, especially the day to day fight.

I'm getting excited about walking on the treadmill. I like that it felt better today...makes me ready for tomorrow to see how much easier it will be.
mel hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:21 AM   #15  
Nicole

So that was Wednesday. We had the heaviest frost of the year, but the day turned out fine, although it never really heated up. It's my day off the gym, so exercise was non existent. That's OK.

Work was busy today. We're coming up to annual appraisal time and I, as usual, have left everything to the last minute. Somehow between now and Friday I have to complete my part of the assessment and do the assessment for the five people I supervise. I don't think there will be much work done tomorrow, but that's OK. You have days like that.

So tomorrow, the plan is to go to the gym, go to work and do my assessments before I do any other work. My desk is mostly clear, so unless something comes in overnight that needs urgent attention, that's what I'll be doing.

Jab, exactly! It's fun to watch the number on the scale drop, but really it's all about the tape measure test or the jeans test. Well, that's what I'm telling myself, anyway

Beverly, how fantastic to see you! Just remember, we're here for you when you're struggling.

MJ, go you, organised lady! How was the gym?

Rhonda, that's a great place to start. Enjoy your visit!

Diane, why can't we remember how good it feels when we're on plan. And for the record, I'm 35. I think, judging from some of the cultural references we've made, yummy trainer is younger than me, but not much - maybe early 30's... That's definitely not too young!

CC, woohoo for 30lbs down! And for exercising!

Mel, ! Fantastic to see you here, and I'm looking forward to getting to know more about you.

Have fun everyone!