3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   A new plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/172923-new-plan.html)

gloriacoto 05-30-2009 12:15 PM

A new plan

Im still Yoyoing so Im going to write out a menu (have some samples) and then im going to write out a grocery list...I guess there are websites that do that but I would prefer to save my money and get this on my own....that way I can choose the flavors I like...:carrot: Im going to step up the exercize as well as Im not getting enough of that I think...so Im changing my old ways and hoping for the best and expecting results!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Alana in Canada 05-30-2009 01:12 PM

Good for you! That's my plan this week too. I was just going to start a thread about "How do I plan my meals?" How are you going to do it?

CLCSC145 05-30-2009 01:50 PM

If by "yoyoing" you mean the scale, I wouldn't pay attention to the fluctuations that happen over the course of days. Just note it and use it to learn how your own weight can change from day to day. For example, for me I know that if I am eating right and exercising my weight seems to drop in 3 day increments. 3 days at the same weight, drop, up a pound, three days at the same weight, drop. It's not exact, but it has taught me to be patient and not stress out.

You could also see bigger ups and downs on the scale if you take in a lot of salt. While salt isn't good for you in large quantities (and "large quantities" isn't very much!) it isn't derailing your weight loss efforts, just hiding them behind fluid retention.

A book I think everyone can learn so much from in terms of nutrition and losing weight is "YOU: On a Diet" by Drs. Oz and Roisen. In a very easy to understand way, it explains what foods are healthy for you and WHY. I haul it out and reread it often. It would likely be at your local library or you can also get some of the information from their website realage.com., but I strongly recommend the book. It does things like tell you what foods should be in your diet, explain why we get certain cravings, why fats are good for you, and how the foods you eat affect your body.

rockinrobin 05-30-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

If by "yoyoing" you mean the scale, I wouldn't pay attention to the fluctuations that happen over the course of days.
But, on the other hand, if you mean by yo-yo-ing, [B]because[/B] one day you're on plan, the next day you're off, the next day back on, the one after that off. You do need to address that. And I think you have.

I think you're definitely on the right track! Writing out your menus AHEAD of time is a great way to do so. Map out your food schedule IN ADVANCE. Refer to it and stick to it. It's much easier to stay on plan, when you indeed have a plan. An EXACT plan. Eating healthy just won't happen on it's lonesome. There's a thought process to it. We need a plan of action. No good General would take his men into battle without one. It's too important and too risky to do so.