A Morning of Weakness

• Ugh. Ok, so I'm having a morning of cravings. Last night I stayed up a bit later than usual (what can I say, I'm a geek and I had to watch the last auditions for So You Think You Can Dance) I indulged in some wine and this morning it totally shows that I had just a bit too much. I haven't really been drinking at all so what I had last night was enough to leave me tired and with a slight hangover this morning. It's not terrible but it's just enough to make me want nothing more than an extremely unhealthy bacon egg and cheese bagel sandwich... the champion breakfast of late nights. I've had breakfast, I'm not hungry and I've been trying to push through the thoughts and cravings since I got on my train this morning. To think I'm never going to stay up a bit to late and have a couple of drinks ever again is just not realistic...but now I already didn't get up on time and didn't work out.... I don't need to add bacon on top of that. I'm just happy it's Friday and I'm out of work at 3. I'm going to just try to push through, eat the healthy food I brought with me for the day, keep it light for dinner and keep the day on track. A moment of weakness in my mind is ok as long as you don't let the one indulgence turn into another and another and another. I'll get to bed at a decent time tonight and get up early for a nice Saturday am yoga class and be back on track. In the mean time...hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and I will not eat a bacon egg & cheese bagel sandwich.

Sorry for the random vent, but I felt if I didn't write it down I would be in line placing my order.
  • Aw, getting off work at 3 on a Friday is a great, happy thing to focus on instead of your cravings And I'm of the belief that a Saturday morning yoga class will surely put you back on track I'm jealous on both accounts.

I love So You Think You Can Dance too, except I usually skip the audition shows.
  • I'm past the craving I think. I've made the decision that since it is raining and I can't work in my garden like I usually do on Fridays I'm going to go straight to the gym after work and have a good work out. It should be slow around 4pm which I like. And yes, there is nothing like a 90 minute hot yoga class to get your weekend started on the right foot!

I'm totally the opposite with shows like So You Think You Can Dance...I'm all about the audition shows! They are actually filming the Boston auditions for season 6 at one of our venues today so the show has been all the buzz at the office for the last few weeks. It's been really fun.
  • Looks like you made some good choices in dealing with your cravings!
  • Thanks for proving once again that just because we have a craving - doesn't mean we HAVE TO GIVE INTO THEM.

You're doing the mature, responsible thing. You're on a weight loss plan and egg/bacon/cheese/bagel - thingy's just don't fit in right now.

And who are we kidding? We all know that you'd be MORE sad, aggravated, annoyed & pissed having given into that craving then not. Honestly, I've never ever NOT eaten something and then regretted it later. Never not once.

Way to go. And have a GREAT on plan weekend.
  • I had a bit of wine myself last night...and some of hubby's chocolate stash...and a very late night cheese sandie...I just chalked it up to "treat night". I made myself feel better by saying that my metabolism could do with a shift in calories! I didn't weigh myself this morning, though...