a temporary setback

• I didnt have a very good day yesterday, it started with taking the kids I work with to an outdoor culture day and the food being everywhere and the event being catered. I need to plan ahead more throughly and make sure I bring my own food to these events, thank god they are only once a year...anyway today is a new day and I will start again with fresh safe food and a positive attitude
  • Good. I'm thrilled you're not dwelling on yesterday and diving back into it head first today!

When events like yesterdays' occur, you've got to even plan better and harder - because it is - harder. Try not to focus on the food so much. Focus on the people and all the activities. Taking your own food is one option. If not stick to the healthiest options possible. Veggies. Chicken breast. Give yourself some definite NO's. Take away the decision making process "I will not touch the potato salad, the fried chicken, the desserts PERIOD". Tell yourself again and again if need be, that "those foods" will not get you to your goals. You don't need them. They're not intended for you. Drink lots of water or seltzer or now's the time to drink the diet soda.

You CAN get through these events unscathed with a good plan in place and the right attitude. We've got to have a plan in place - even when we're off plan.
  • Catered events really are more difficult aren't they? It seems there are fewer healthy choices, I guess because of the cost factor. I so much prefer potluck events because I can share a healthy item (and eat it myself).

That's what happened at my office today. I brought a wonderful salad (lettuce from the farmer's market) and the other options were meatballs and fried chicken wings. I had a salad for lunch.
  • Listen to Rockinrobin. She's a smart lady.

NEVER leave it up to chance. Take your own yummy food, make the other food NOT AN OPTION.

Onward and downward
  • Good for you for not letting one bad day turn into a bad week.
  • You've got the right attitude Now you know for next time!