3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Lesson Learned: No Fiber One Bars for Breakfast! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/172182-lesson-learned-no-fiber-one-bars-breakfast.html)

MugCanDoIt 05-20-2009 04:04 PM

Lesson Learned: No Fiber One Bars for Breakfast!

OMG!!!

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT EAT FIBER ONE BARS FOR BREAKFAST! I had two and Ive been paying for it all darn day! :o

Im at work so trying to hold "things" in has been miserable....and my stomache has been grumbling and growling all day :tired:

My advice: Dont do it!!! Wait till you have some food in your gut already before eating these!

Mug

Shannon in ATL 05-20-2009 04:08 PM

Fiber One bars give me those same symptoms no matter what else I've eaten during the day. I can do the Gnu Flavor & Fiber, but the Fiber One kills me...

time2lose 05-20-2009 04:36 PM

I made the mistake of letting my 3 year old grandson eat one. Lesson learned!!

utgirl09 05-20-2009 04:39 PM

The thing about fiber one bars is they are not kidding when they say they have a lot of fiber. 2 bars for breakfast is 66% of the recommended amount of daily fiber. If you go from a low fiber diet to a high fiber diet, yes you will pay. I have found gradually increasing my fiber intake has really helped, and I can now eat a high fiber breakfast without a problem.

Slashnl 05-20-2009 05:00 PM

Thanks for the advice! Never thought of that!

Goddess Jessica 05-20-2009 05:12 PM

I have them for breakfast all the time but I've been eating a high fiber diet for years. I think it's all related to what your guts is used to.

bindersbee 05-20-2009 05:15 PM

There is a reason they are nicknamed 'Farty Bars' around here. Even the kids have learned not to eat more than one. My 5 year old once ate two of them. Yowza!

Actually, that's why the commercial for their yogurt is so funny. They have the older woman from Desperate Housewives eating a bunch of 'samples' in the store and then they all laugh about how much fiber she just ate and the woman is clueless.

I had one for breakfast too. Good thing I don't work in an office! LOL!

azmom 05-20-2009 05:17 PM

I eat an extremely high fiber diet but CANNOT handle Fiber One bars! They wreck my stomach! I am not sure why??

Goddess Jessica 05-20-2009 05:20 PM

Could be the type of fiber.

My diet includes a lot of insoluble fiber which is what Fiber One uses - it's considered a gut-fiber. Soluble fiber is the type in things like oatmeal - this type of fiber is good for lowering cholestrol.

Daimere 05-20-2009 06:59 PM

I left a box at my exes. He had no food and he ate the whole box. He messaged me later saying he was on the toilet for hours.

TJFitnessDiva 05-20-2009 07:04 PM

I eat them a lot for breakfast and have had no problems...my best friend can't handle them so I guess it depends on the person :)

Jennelle 05-20-2009 07:07 PM

I've never had the Fiber One bars, but I know that a serving of Fiber One cereal and a strong cup of coffee works better than an entire box of Ex-Lax! :lol:

Windchime 05-20-2009 07:08 PM

Heh, I posted about these things a few weeks ago. They give me what my son used to call "gurgly bottom". I eat one some mornings for a mid-morning snack, but just ONE. And if I eat them two mornings in a row, stand back! My poor gut will start rumbling and bubbling like there is a volcano about to blow! I really like them and I can handle them every other morning, but not every day. And for me, I don't think it's a matter of building up to it because I've been trying to get used to these for a couple of months now and I've found that I can only do them in small doses.

One of my boys can eat them just fine, though--they don't bother him at all.

Thighs Be Gone 05-20-2009 07:16 PM

ROFL...I had a "binger" last week on Kashi cereal--four bowls to be exact..I went to sleep afterwards..the next morning I woke up and almost couldn't get my kids out the door--I was way too busy running back and forth to the bathroom!

I had eaten it on an empty stomach too--I had gone all day on only egg whites and coffee..then decided the cereal sounded really good..NOT!

Blinky963 05-20-2009 07:33 PM

Funny, since I had my gallbladder out when I was 18 there are a lot of foods that have this effect on me, but strangely, not fiber one bars. I frequently have one for breakfast or lunch (never get breaks at work) and have not this reaction. I guess I do have a decent amount of fiber in my daily diet though.