Back from vacation, only gained 5lbs (not to bad)

• Hi everyone! Just got back from my vacation in Kauai yesterday and I was kinda scared to weigh myself since I didn't food journal all week and my husband and I drank ourselves silly on the Mai Tais Thankfully the damage wasn't to bad, I gained 5 lbs. Thought I should come here 1st thing so I can get back on track. I'm going to spend some time tonight checking out new posts.

I'm proud of myself because I didn't go overboard on the eating, just didn't journal, and I did endulge some days (I only had shaved ice twice). I ran 3 days because I'm running a 10K on the 31st. I also hit the gym twice and lifted weights. The drinking is what killed me So now it's time to detox and get back on track!

I haven't uploaded all my pics yet but here's one shot from when my husband and I hiked the Kalalau Trail along the Na Pali coast. It's 2 miles to the 1st beach, took us 1 1/2 hours (one way), and the hike was brutal! But as you can see the views were worth it!

It's good to be back! Going to hit the gym tonight and see if my trainer can squeeze me in this week.

Hope eveyone is doing well

• WOW, gorgeous view! I am glad that you enjoyed the trip and the 5 pounds will come back off!
  • Thanks time2lose! I'm sure the 5lbs will be gone in a week. Vacation was awesome but it's going to be nice to get back into my routine.
  • Your progress photos are amazing! You look so toned and so happy. I hope I look as good as you at 170 pounds. You'll get those pounds off in no time. Congrats on your loss so far.
  • Wow, what an awesome picture!
  • Beautiful picture - and you are too! Well done, 5lbs is pretty good, especially when you get straight back onto it like you are dong.
  • Good Job!!! WTG!!!
  • 5 lbs is nothing! You can take care of those in no time. What a beautiful picture!
  • You look fantastic. Way to go with all the fitness-ing while on vacation. I am totally impressed!
  • Quote: You look fantastic. Way to go with all the fitness-ing while on vacation. I am totally impressed!
    Thanks Jessica! I'm happy to say that my 5lbs from vacation +1 extra are gone and I'm now in the 160's!
  • WOW>You lost those vac lbs fast!!!
  • Quote: WOW>You lost those vac lbs fast!!!
    Crazy huh? My hubby gained 8 and lost it in 5 days...men, arrrh!

I got right back on plan when I got home, started to journal again (1600 cal per day), no more drinking tasty Mai Tais, and hit the gym hard. 6 lbs gone in 7 days!