39.3 miles in one weekend!

• Me and my friend Michelle completed the Avon Walk last weekend. It was a marathon walk on Saturday and a half marathon walk on Sunday. I trained very hard for it and it wasn't very difficult at all. Michelle unfortunately couldn't complete day 2, but she was there all of the first 26.2 miles and made it to camp.

This was a big event for me and something that has kept me motivated to continue to exercise and lose weight.

You can find pics here of the Avon Walk as well as another 20 mile walk I did earlier this summer.

P.S., I'm nearing "twoderville" and very excited about that as well!!!
  • That's phenomenal! I'm speechless.

• Matt --- WOW!

You must be one seriously determined guy! Kudos to you for finding way to turn your weight loss into an athletic competition AND to help other people at the same time! And you look very fit and raring to go in your photos -- thank you for sharing those.

Congratulations on your marathon and half marathon (that is an impressive amount of steps!) and on your continuing weight loss --- you will be in TwoderLand in no time!

WOW!
  • WOWZER!! That's seriously fanfreakintastic!
  • WOW! Great job! That's definitely motivating for me on this chilly morning. Good luck with your next one.
  • Shew! Thats a lot of miles!! Kudos to you!!!
  • That is awesome!! Congrats.
  • Matt - That is awesome! You must be really proud. I know I would be... if I could do it!!
  • Awesomeness! I'm inspired!
  • Fantastic!
    Ok, silly question... but what shoes do you wear?
  • Quote: Fantastic!
    Ok, silly question... but what shoes do you wear?
    I went to a "marathon sports" place and got good walking shoes. I think they are similar to running shoes. They have you walk and measure you gait and the arch of your foot to make sure that the shoe fits properly. Having good shoes and "wicking" socks (made from synthetic fibers that prevent blistering) was EXTREMELY helpful.
  • Cool, thanks! Good shoes are hard to find.