3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Really out of shape .... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/171991-really-out-shape.html)

haleysmommy5402 05-18-2009 01:17 PM

Really out of shape ....

So today was my first day of working out at the Y .. i couldn't wait to get there and get on the elliptical and just go .. but that was cut short .. like 2 mins short .. that's all i could last my legs were killing me .. i think i started out to fast and exhausted myself to quickly .. i know in time it will get better and I'll be like my friend that i went w/ and be able to do 15 mins like its nothing .. lol :) i also did the nautilus machines those are my favorite i love working my arms :carrot:

nelie 05-18-2009 01:20 PM

Ellipticals can be very difficult at first. Only means there is room for improvement :) Keep at it.

Thighs Be Gone 05-18-2009 01:35 PM

Good for you to go to the Y! You will be gettin' into the groove on those machines in no time. Let us know how it's going.

kiramira 05-18-2009 01:53 PM

Hey, at least being out of shape isn't permanent! You'll see a huge fitness transformation within the month, and we ALL had to start SOMEWHERES. It isn't where you start, but where you aim to go that counts...
Kira

beerab 05-18-2009 03:21 PM

Keep it up- first time I ran on a treadmill after less than 5 minutes I was dead. Now I can do at least half an hour at a time :)

Slashnl 05-18-2009 04:03 PM

Oh gosh. You sound like I did when I first started at my gym back in March. I used to love the elliptical, so that was my first choice. I made it 4 minutes and then died. Now I can go 25 minutes. Actually, I think I could go longer, but I like getting my weights in too.

So, you'll get there soon! I know! Congratulations on getting out there and doing it!

Biju 05-18-2009 04:28 PM

Don't worry about it, it was your first time on the elliptical, you'll work your way up to more time!! I just incorporated the treadmill into my workout about 2 1/2 weeks ago and could not run for more than 2 minutes at a time...today I ran for 10 minutes straight NO PROBLEM at all! I could not believe how much progress I made in such a short time.:) The elliptical can be really challenging but try starting out on the lowest resistance and go as slow as you want!

Best of luck, keep us updated on your elliptical progress! :hug:

cfmama 05-18-2009 06:14 PM

I'm proud of you that you went and I know it will get easier for you as time goes on :)

emmalee51 05-18-2009 06:23 PM

It takes time - I only restarted exercising April 26 on my treadmill - I barely made it 15 minutes before I gave up that first day - Now I can comfortably go an hour! For me it's all about getting past that burning "I'm gonna die" feeling and then I get in my groove. Just keep going back at it. You will be surprised at how quickly all those machines become easy. I find it really helps to have distractions - I have my ipod and tv going at the same time & up pretty high!

Good luck!

Slashnl 05-18-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmalee51 (Post 2746905)
For me it's all about getting past that burning "I'm gonna die" feeling and then I get in my groove. Just keep going back at it.

This is a great point.

haleysmommy5402 05-18-2009 07:40 PM

i hate the feeling like your gonna die .. lol and i know when i got off that thing i was walking funny i could just tell .. lol i was dying of laughter inside and im sure anyone that was around was probably laughing as well .. my legs felt like that first time you had s#x feeling .. lmao!! sorry but that was the first thought that popped into my head when i started to walk ..

Tryingtostayskinny 05-18-2009 08:42 PM

Ellipticals are tough at first!! My first few times were under 5 minutes. It gets easier and feels great! :)