3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   1600? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/171415-1600.html)

cfmama 05-11-2009 12:03 AM

1600?

Hmmm... I think it's time to shake things up. I'm still waiting for the results for my gall bladder u/s but I won't let that derail me. My weight loss is sloooowwwwwing and considering I started at 1800 calories a day, dropped to 1700 a day after I'd lost about 50 lbs I think it's time for another drop to 1600 to keep things moving right along.

Any thoughts? Good move? Bad move? any move?

lol!

Razorcandy 05-11-2009 12:05 AM

It sounds like a really good idea. Let us know how it works out!

Couch 05-11-2009 01:48 AM

Sounds totally sensible. Out of interest, I plugged your current weight and your weight at 50lb lost into a BMR calulator, and assuming your 30ish, there's a 250cal difference! So it's not surprising that your weightloss is slowing. I'm your height and about 20lb lighter, and I'm losing well at 1500cal.

Might also be worth messing with you exercise regimen. It works best when you change it often - at least every month, from what I've read. Are you doing any resistance training?

Rosinante 05-11-2009 02:43 AM

If you're slowing down, then it seems a good idea, and still lots of room *should* you want to go lower when you're nearer goal.
Hope you get those results through soon.

JenAy 05-11-2009 03:41 AM

Sounds like a good idea, but don't drop too low.
Calories are the fuel that keep out body going.
Looks like you are doing great! Keep it up!

rockinrobin 05-11-2009 03:55 AM

I say go for it. What have you got to lose??? Nothing, except perhaps a few extra lbs ;)

That's what I kept on doing. I did my best to AVOID plateauing and one way that I did that was to take my calories down BEFORE it did in fact happen. I did also increase my exercise though. You might want to consider that as well.

If you eat really nutritious, satiating and voluminous foods (and I think you do), you will definitely not miss the calories.

GirlyGirlSebas 05-11-2009 07:58 AM

It sounds like a great idea, How about your exercise? Do you have any room there to amp it up a bit?

JulieJ08 05-11-2009 10:05 AM

You might keep in mind that your previous rate of loss was a probably factor with your gallstone attacks.

Delphi 05-11-2009 10:21 AM

That is pretty sound logic to me. ;) Go for it!

WhitePicketFences 05-11-2009 10:44 AM

Sounds good to me. You may end up maintaining on even less.

JayEll 05-11-2009 10:45 AM

I just wanted to note that according to calorie calculators I've looked at, you should be able to lose weight on just under 2000 calories a day... So I'd say, think twice before you drop your cals any further.

Also, I wouldn't change anything until you have your gallbladder situation resolved and are not taking meds. Weight loss isn't a race, although we would all like it to go fast.

Jay

Ija 05-11-2009 11:26 AM

cfmama, do you calorie cycle, or do you eat the same amount every day? Are you weight training? I find it surprising that your weight loss would be slow at 1600 calories given your current weight. I'm still losing at 1800 calories per day on average.

Maintaining a large, consistent deficit may lead to fast weight loss, but also a slower metabolism in the long run. That's why I'm a pretty big fan of calorie cycling with a planned "cheat day" (which does not mean stuffing yourself or not logging calories). Lately I've actually been eating more overall than I was at 200 pounds, which I think is a result of two things --calorie cycling and lifting weights :D

WarMaiden 05-11-2009 12:04 PM

You've got a serious medical condition going on--I'd recommend consulting with your doctor over your current and future rate of weight loss, and how that should be coordinated around medications and the possibility of surgery.

cfmama 05-11-2009 01:11 PM

Okay. I phoned my doctor this morning and he said that he would prefer me to stick with 1700 like I have been for the last 3 months. That I shouldn't shake anything up at this point. He also said to abstain from calorie cycling right now to give my gall bladder a chance to regular itself (dealing with the same amount of calories every day instead of sharp increases and decreases) and to avoid gassy foods and red meat (not hard, I don't eat red meat at a general rule.)

So that's the plan for the moment. I'm still waiting on my u/s results and they were looking into finding them when I called this morning.

Thanks for all of your ideas and questions guys. I guess I really really REALLY don't want this to derail me. I don't want to get complacent because in the past being "sick" meant a free pass to eat whatever I want and I struggle with that attitude to this day. So I feel like I have to be hyper vigilant because the last thing I want to do it gain weight right now. I don't want to come across as desperate or brainless but I feel like my weight is a life or death situation for me so sometimes I tend not to think things through as well as I should.

Suzanne 3FC 05-12-2009 12:12 AM

I'm glad the doctor is being supportive and you got good advice from him :)

Good luck!