Binned my breeks

• Binned my breeks (Scottish)
    Trashed my trousers (English)
    Pulverized my pants (American) (Couldn't think of a trash-word beginning with p)

I've been wearing the same 2 pairs of trousers change and change about - heck, just realized for nearly a year. They've been tight, they've been super-stretched (they're elasticated waist), recently they've been looser; and looser. It was only the other day when I stuck mirror tiles inside my bedroom cupboard and gave myself a full length mirror that I realized just how loose they'd become.

No wonder no-one has noticed my 35lbs loss!!!!

I look like Charlie Chaplin, with Buster Keaton hiding inside the pants for good measure!
    I look like I'm wearing jodhpurs Over the horse!

So they are out, gone, vamoosed, in the bin/trash.

Problem - I only have one pair, recently donated by mother, a uk18 woohoo! Fortunately, I think they're drip dry, I can wash them overnight.

It's quite an issue, getting trousers in my size. I'm only 5'2", inside leg 27", and if I get them big enough round the waist, they're huge in the rise, baggy in the leg ~ and my lower legs are the only slim bit of me!

Still, glad to have binned the baggy breeks!
  • Yeah for you!!!

Not sure if you have on TV the show "What Not to Wear" -- but they are always pointing out having pants tailored -- it doesn't cost much and taking in the baggy legs would make them look awesome on you and not like you are carrying around a parachute!! Great job -- I know how you feel -- I usually have two pairs of pants that fit and 20 that are too small just waiting for me!!
  • Because of the long rise problem and your height, it sounds as if you need petite pants. I don't know how sizing works in the UK, but here in the US "Petite" sizes aren't just shorter in the inseam but also have a shorter rise and just generally proportioned for petite ladies.

Either way, congratulations on moving down to smaller pants! Feels great, eh!?
  • Time to hit a second-hand or consignment shop for a couple of pairs of pants. You should look as nice as possible during this weight loss journey. That in itself will be inspiring!
    Kira
  • Goodness woman. Go buy you some nice new pants!!!! You deserve it! Or... maybe a nice at the knee skirt to show off your gorgeous gams? You know you want to
  • I just ordered some!
  • Way to go!
  • Now is the time to go shopping!!!!!!! You deserve it!!!!!!
  • That is exciting!
  • That made me laugh! I'm so happy for you on your loss. You are doing so great!
  • That's great!
  • I'm glad for you Ailidh!
  • score a new pair!!! pronto
  • That's really great! Weightloss is surely the one time where you feel it's a compliment to be called clown by your bf (as I was, because my trousers were huge) and get delighted at seeing Charlie Chaplin looking back in the mirror