Would love to join your group, if I may

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello!

My name is LeeAnn and I live in East Tennessee. I am the mother 2 beautiful children (Major who will be 3 this month and Mallie who is 8 months). I also have a wonderful husband, named Doug.

As of Monday morning I weighed 270 lbs (that is so hard for me to admit...) and my goal to get down to at least 170. We'll see from there.

My weight has constantly been the biggest battle in my life. I have been overweight since I was a young child. In college I suffered with bulimia, finally getting it under control after several hard, hard years. It was when I was my sickest with the bulimia that I was the thinnest I've ever been. After having my kids I started gaining weight again and found myself at this glorious 270.

I finally have came to realize that I am making a choice of if I want to live or die. I am choosing to live! My children are my motivation. I want them to have healthy associations with food, and am willing to do whatever I need to to see that their path isn't the same as mine.

I look forward to getting to know you all! I have been an active member of a pregnancy/parenting message board for 3 years now and love the ladies there and hope to have similar friendships here.
  • Welcome! I think that you will enjoy this forum. I have! There are many helpful folks here.
  • LeeAnn. Fantastic to see you here, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
  • Welcome LeeAnn, to the community! I'm a northeast Tennessean. At any rate, good to have you aboard.
  • Welcome!!! You have come to the right place.
  • Welcome, LeeAnn! Please post often so we can get to know you.
  • We are always on the lookout for new team members in this ongoing fight against fat, LeeAnn! You sound like a lady that has decided what kind of future she wants and is willing to work hard to make that future come true --- and so, you are in the right place! The people who hang out on this board are determined folk with lots of experience and advice to share --- I hope you find 100+ as supportive as I have.

• Welcome, Lee Ann! Post often so we can get to know you better!
  • to the forum!
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome LeeAnn!
  • Welcome! So good to have you join us. This is a great group that you will enjoy. Just keep posting!
  • Welcome!!
  • LeeAnn you are going to love this place! I'm brand new too and I love it already! Everyone is so positive!