3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Ouch! That wasn't fun. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/171193-ouch-wasnt-fun.html)

barefootnikki 05-07-2009 07:58 PM

Ouch! That wasn't fun.

Well, i was taking my walk yesterday and took a dive. My one ankle twisted and when i looked to see what was going on, the other one twisted and i fell. I scraped the heck out of my shin but otherwise felt ok so i kept walking (i had only just started my daily walk).

Today when i woke up... omg... EVERYTHING hurt. Both thighs are shot, like the muscle is pulled, one ankle feels really *loose*, the other sore, and my wrist/forearm is jacked up.. not to mention an infection trying to take hold of my shin (got that under control now i think).

Ugh. I have had 2 back surgeries and falls are one of my big fears. I didn't hurt my back so that's REALLY good.

I got my GoWear Fit today too! I am taking it easy this weekend (unless i feel better quickly) so i'll get to see what a "typical" day is for me.

I eat 1800 calories a day and my weight loss has really stalled. After having a few good weeks it just slowed and now goes up and down a lot. Maybe 1800 is to much for me to lose on but after i see what i burn i'll know more.

Sorry for the book, i'm usually not chatty here but had to share my big goofball move.
:D

Cinnamon 05-07-2009 08:01 PM

Oh no, ouch. I hope it heals quickly for you. Is there somewhere you could swim some laps? Maybe that could help and it would be low impact on your joints.

kiramira 05-07-2009 08:05 PM

Hi there! Sorry you took a tumble. I've done the same myself. The only thing worse is if EVERYONE was watching!
Please keep an eye on how you feel and get to the hospital/doctor if things are slow to heal...
Hang in there!
Kira

canadianangel 05-07-2009 08:16 PM

Im sorry you got injured. take it easy,and dont over do it.

ang

Devsmama 05-07-2009 08:32 PM

I hope you get better soon!! Take care of yourself!

Rosinante 05-08-2009 02:50 AM

ouch, hope you feel better soon. it's so often the case that a fall hits us the next day but ow.

GirlyGirlSebas 05-08-2009 07:41 AM

Oh my! That sounds painful. Pamper yourself a bit, ok?

teahoney 05-08-2009 07:55 AM

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

barefootnikki 05-08-2009 07:59 AM

Thanks all, i feel quite a bit better today so that's awesome!
And Cinnamon -- there's really not anywhere here to swim until it warms up, then the ocean is free :)

Slashnl 05-08-2009 10:46 AM

That sounds painful. Ouch! I hope you take it easy and get to feeling better.

kiramira 05-08-2009 01:42 PM

DANG, girl. BerMUDA!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!
I'm so jealous...ocean, beach...sigh...
Kira

barefootnikki 05-08-2009 06:24 PM

Feeling much better today :)
And yes... it's Bermudaful here... pricey but pretty. My walks are always a treat!

Numina 05-08-2009 07:38 PM

Ouch! Take care of yourself, Nikki --- we need you with both feet strong and ready for some serious fat stomping!

(I suddenly have this image of a bunch of ladies from 100+ leaping around in a giant barrel that looks like an oversized wine barrel, except they are smooshing PoundsOfFat instead of grapes. I don't know what goes into the bottles at the end of the process, but I am NOT drinking it!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvButzoSEPk

Make sure you give your ankles rest and tender care until they are back to 100%, gal --- shall I send you one of the 3fc cyber-therapists to rub your feet for you? Seriously, hope you get back to 100% quickly.

ShutterK 05-08-2009 08:42 PM

I'm glad you're feeling better today. Falling is never fun, and I suspect even less so when you've had multiple back surgeries. Take care!

cfmama 05-09-2009 12:34 AM

Oh that sounds very painful!!!! I'm glad that you are feeling better though.