3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   rear ended :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/171190-rear-ended.html)

Smiling_Sara 05-07-2009 07:42 PM

rear ended :(

So, I was rear ended yesterday late afternoon. I'm a little sore today, but overall alright. I am taking it easy with the excersizing and paying even closer attention to what is going into my mouth. I'm hoping by the weekend I will be back in full swing and get back to excersizing.

anyone have experience in this? How long did it take after the accident to get back to excersizing and at full force?

kiramira 05-07-2009 08:04 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. I think if you just take it easy and listen to how your body feels (not what it wants!!!) you'll come through just fine. The amount of time "off" of exercise will depend on how bumped up you are. But just remember, 80% of what you look like is diet dependent, so if you are on plan, you'll get through this just fine.
Happy Healing!
Kira

Smiling_Sara 05-07-2009 08:53 PM

Thanks. It was pretty scary. The soreness I feel now, it just kinda feels like I had a good workout, maybe a little worse, but not by much. I just don't wanna jump into working out at full force when my body isn't ready for that.

AmberShimmer 05-07-2009 09:18 PM

I've never been in any automobile related accident (touch wood) so I don't have any experience there. But I'm glad you're alright and kudos to you for staying on track with food! And I agree with what kiramira said.

Trazey34 05-07-2009 10:14 PM

yikes! so glad you're ok! I've been 2 major acicdents -- the one from behind I had minor whiplash so it took weeks to be able to get around full force. Be sure your neck is ok! The other was a side impact and I was shook up but didn't even need aspirin! weird! but the rear impact (ha that sounds dirty) is way worse! take it easy and don't overdo it!

Rosinante 05-08-2009 02:52 AM

Glad you're ok - take it easy until you feel 100%!

GirlyGirlSebas 05-08-2009 07:39 AM

Oh my goodness! I hope you are okay. I recommend you see a chiropractor. A good one can help with the soreness and can help you make sure nothing has been knocked out of alignment. Hubby was in a rear-end collision 3 years ago. The chiropractor really helped.

Smiling_Sara 05-08-2009 08:14 AM

Thanks guys. I'm just so bummed. I loved my car. It was an older model
(2000) but I took real good care of it. It didn't even have 90,000 miles on it yet! It's most likely gonna be totaled out by the ins company, and now I'll be forced to find another car. Not something I am in the market for at this time. I'll get through it though, I'm just really glad I wasn't seriously hurt. I could of been, the guy who hit me did hit me pretty hard. Here's a photo of the damages.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h.../carcrash1.jpg

Jen415 05-08-2009 08:15 AM

Ditto what Rhonda said....a chirporactor can evaluate your situation and help relieve some of your pain.

kiramira 05-08-2009 01:12 PM

Ms BorntoFly! Dang, girl! Your car is seriously messed UP!!!
I'm SO glad you are pretty much OK...
How are you feeling today?
Kira

Numina 05-08-2009 08:20 PM

WOW, BornToFly, based on what your car looks like, you are lucky not to be hurt worse! And now you have all the joy of figuring out how to get around until you can come up with a replacement car --- and isn't that going to be fun? Hang in there and stay strong on your program! No stupid bad driver is going to derail you from this journey to better health.

And I would echo all the folks that are saying take it easy, keep an eye on your pain levels and maybe see someone about it.

I am so sorry you lost your car but very happy that it wasn't physically worse for YOU!

:hug:

TJFitnessDiva 05-08-2009 08:47 PM

Oh gosh girlie....I'm glad you are ok! I would not really do much exercise until you get checked out. With any wreck you might feel it later rather than soon after.

ShutterK 05-08-2009 08:49 PM

oh no! I'm so glad that you are okay.... that must have been so scary!

cfmama 05-09-2009 12:33 AM

Oh I'm so sorry! I'm glad you are okay but I'd take it easy for a few *hugs*

Smiling_Sara 05-09-2009 10:23 PM

Thanks everyone! Your well wishes mean a lot. I know I'm really lucky to not have been seriously hurt. I'm so thankful for that. I really wish I could of kept the ball rolling in finding something, the ins company is unsure if they are going to total the car or deem it fixable yet. I had one quote done and they are sending someone out on Monday for a 2nd quote. Even if they deem it fixable I'd rather just get a different car, I think. This one is 10 years old and it's been raining in Wisc the last couple of nights so now I also have a wet trunk. So, It's day to day in finding out what I can possibly do.

Good part though, I am staying on plan. I want to go workout, but I"ve been taking it easy and hope to be back in the gym by Monday.

Thanks again everyone! :hug: