3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability/Menu/Planning 4 - 10 May (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/170848-accountability-menu-planning-4-10-may.html)

GirlyGirlSebas 05-06-2009 07:36 AM

Hi Friends,

Last evening, Hubby and I went to the movies. I must confess that I skipped dinner and had buttered popcorn instead. Today, I am kicking myself for making such an unwise choice. No more excuses! That behavior led to me being 100+ pounds overweight. I've also not worked out in 4 days. Today, I will be on the treadmill for my 60 minutes.

Nicole - they wouldn't like hummus? *gasp* What is wrong with those folks?! I've recently started making my own and I love it.
Beverly - Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your visit with your family.
Diane - we do seem to revolve around food, huh? Why can't the world revolve around...oh, dancing or hiking or something?
MJ - How was your mani/pedi? Yesterday, my 13 year old decided to cut some bangs for herself. Today, we'll be hitting the salon for an emergency fix. :D

Today, I'm eating yesterday's menu of 1400 calories.
Today is a 1400 calorie day
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, ww toast and light vanilla soymilk
Snack - Tangelo and cheese stick
Lunch- Lean Cuisine
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Sauteed yellow squash and onions over ww spaghetti
Snack - Weight Watcher's Key Lime Pie

Have a great on-plan day.

mj5 05-06-2009 08:49 AM

Good Morning everyone! I think my cold is officially gone, but allergies have settled in full force...worse than ever. The allergy med is helping a bit, but not as much as I would like....I am really glad I called the dr yesterday. My knee hurts so much today. I am REALLY sick of this. BUT, I will not give up. I AM going to the gym today. I will have the surgery eventually and it will be in my best interest to be more fit and to weigh less when that happens......

nicolen--I agree...sounds like a good day to watch some movies! Go to the gym first...you'll enjoy the movies even more! It is a pain to wait, but it will be worth it.

Beverlyjoy--Have a fantastic visit!

Rhonda--You know what you need to do...get on that treadmill!!! Mani/pedi isn't for a couple weeks...I called and made the appt, though, because I like to go to a specific person. How did the emergency fix hair cut turn out????

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

Slashnl 05-06-2009 10:44 AM

Hi everyone. I had a good workout today. It was my day of just weights, no cardio. It kicks my butt, that's for sure. I'm really on track for my exercise, but boy do I have to try really hard and really think about my eating plan. I'm doing fairly well, but have my slip ups. I need to quit having the slip ups!

MJ - Glad you're feeling better. Darned allergies, though! Makes it tough.

Rhonda - Hang in there. You're doing so well with your weight loss! Get on that treadmill!!!

Nicolen - I love hummus. I think it is great that you make it yourself!

Beverly - Have a great time!

mj5 05-07-2009 05:38 AM

Good Morning! I way up way, way too early this morning!

Diane--Great job w/ your exercise! I think it's learning how to manage our 'slip ups' that is key, at least it is for me.

Rhonda--How was the treadmill yesterday?

Hi to everyone else!!!

Another busy day at work...I have to conduct a training and do some more performance evals. Yippee Skippy.

On a positive note, I think the allergy meds are FINALLY really doing their job...either that or the rest of my cold has finally gone away....

Anyone have special plans for Mother's Day? I am going to help my mom and gm w/ some of my gm's yardwork and then we'll all have dinner together. Not sure what else, yet. I have been assigned desert, of course!!! So, trying to come up w/ something healthy to make.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Slashnl 05-07-2009 10:05 AM

I have a meeting to go to today. They provide breakfast and lunch. Fortunately, I'm going with a coworker who is on WW, so we're going to try to keep each other accountable. I did go to the gym, though. I think that with the hard work I put into the gym, I won't want to blow it for a meeting!

MJ: Glad you're getting some relief on the allergies! That's no fun.

Rhonda: I'll echo MJ... how was the treadmill?

Have a good day!

nicolen 05-08-2009 02:28 AM

Yay Friday night. Winter's really set in, with snow predicted to low levels tonight and tomorrow. That's unfair - it's only May! So, I'm settled in for the night. Got my heater on, my cuddly blanket on the couch and some decent TV tonight for a change. Yes, I really am a toddler at heart - need my cuddly blankie! ;)

The scale, after refusing to move for the last 3 weeks, is finally moving down. Yes, the jeans test has been going well, but there's something about seeing that number get smaller, isn't there? Speaking of the jeans test, I need to find a belt for the size 18s - they're already slipping down my hips! While it's fantastic, I really can't afford to buy new jeans every few weeks! Actually, I must do measurements over the weekend. They could be interesting...

So I worked out with yummy trainer today so I'm sore. I'm hoping to get to the gym tomorrow, but I'm not going out if it really does look like snow, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Beverly, hope you enjoy your visit. Sending positive thoughts for DH's first day - hey, they've worked so far!

Rhonda, what movie did you see? How's the workouts going?

MJ, yay for the allergy meds finally working! How's the knee today?

Diane, don't beat yourself up about the slip ups - they happen. As long as they don't become more than slip ups, you'll be fine.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone!

GirlyGirlSebas 05-08-2009 07:59 AM

Hi Friends!

Yesterday, I had scheduled a day of vacation to participate in the local Women's Build for Habitat for Humanity. Well, I woke up with a migraine! I spent the day in bed. The headache did go away about 5pm, so Hubby and I went to see Star Trek. Loved the movie!

I haven't been on the treadmill once this week. I will get on their this afternoon. The scales have not moved this week. Hmm...maybe exercise is required for this old body? ;)

Today is a 1500 calorie day
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, ww toast, Chocolate Silk soymilk
Snack - Tangelo and cheese stick
Lunch - Lean Cuisine
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Sauteed veggies over ww spaghetti
Snack - Weight Watcher's Key Lime Pie

Have an awesome Friday!

mj5 05-08-2009 09:22 AM

Good Morning! I am hoping my dh feels better today...yep, he finally caught my cold. I feel bad for him because I know how terrible I felt. Plus, I really want to do a little bargain retail therapy tonight. I have a $10 gifl card for Kohl's AND some 15% off coupons that are good for clearance items too....I could use a few more short sleeve shirts--not sure where all of mine went. I'm thinking I may have gotten rid of some last year????

Diane--Hope it was a good meeting. How did you do w/ the food?

nicolen--Sorry to hear about the snow! I LOVE to wrap up w/ a nice warm blankie when I am watching tv!!! My dogs do too!!! YIPPEE the scale is moving, clothes are getting bigger...all good things!!! My knee is horrible today, but thanks for asking!

Rhonda--Oh no, not a migraine. They totally suck. Glad to hear it did go away, finally though. Get On That Treadmill young lady!....there, did that help? LOL!

My knee is not good, but I am trying to ignore it. I have pain meds w/ me if I need to take some later. I have taken ibuprofen for now, but it's not helping. I can take 1/2 a pill of the "big" pain meds and still function (ie: drive and work) if it gets to that....I made sure I wore 'good shoes' today, so that will help, I hope.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Slashnl 05-08-2009 10:44 AM

The meeting yesterday was good and the food was pretty healthy. Can't ask for more than that. So, I stayed on track. Woo hoo!
Working out was good today. I ran into the mom of one of my son's friends. She works there as a trainer. She's amazing. She's in her 40's, but has the body of a 20 year old. And she's really nice. Dang! But she was really encouraging, so that was great to hear.

MJ - I hate it when I do that. I'll get rid of things and then forget that they're gone. You should definitely go shopping!

Rhonda - Sorry about the migraine. Hopefully you can do the treadmill today.

Nicolen - Definitely, it helps a lot to see the scale move down. You can tell if your body is shaping up just by how the clothes fit, but seeing smaller numbers is the best!

mj5 05-09-2009 03:02 PM

Hi everyone! Hope you are all enjoying the weekend! I was able to do some bargain shopping and found some really cute (and inexpensive) shirts.

Now my knee is throbbing, so I am going to have a light snack take some pain meds, grab my ice pack and hit the recliner.

Have a great OP day!

lixximajig 05-09-2009 11:16 PM

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't been around. I've been reading, just hadn't had the time to post!

Freelance work is killing me (I'm editing 400 images to be sent out). I'm getting very little rest. And I have to juggle a day temp job at the same time. I hope to finish this job quickly before the next one comes it. The next one is going to be a killer (800-1000 images?!).

The talk with the photographer went well, but we won't be starting as soon as I'd like. Which means I have to keep my temp job longer than I'd rather. She said weddings will only begin to pick up in Sep, and even then because I have very limited experience, it's going to be tough. Argh. I was hoping to end my temp job in August.

Food wise, I've been okay. Watching my portions more or less. Exercise wise is where I've not been doing so well. (No time for sleep = sleep trumps exercise)

Have a great Mother's Day to all your fantastic supermoms out there! :)

Sorry gotta run now, toodles!

mj5 05-10-2009 05:32 AM

Good Morning! Happy Mother's Day!!

lixx--so glad you found a sec to pop in. Sounds like you are super busy. Keep at it, it will fall into place when you have more time in your schedule!

My knee is feeling better today, which is a good thing!!! I am still going to take it easy today, though. Later I am going to go visit my gm. My mom and little sis ar coming over too, so that should be fun.

Yesterday I did do a little (and I mean a little, LOL!) organizing. I really need to spend a block of time on my side of the closet and my dressers. Maybe next weekend....I know I have clothes that are too big and I need to get them out and packed up. I also have a couple of things that I want to get tailored, but I keep forgetting to take them. I should just put them in my car!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Slashnl 05-10-2009 11:04 AM

Happy Mother's Day! I'm planning to do some outside yard work and cleaning of my patio. I know. It doesn't sound like a restful Mother's Day, but this is really what I want to do. I had a slip up last night. (Can you say Heath Klondike bar?) Stupid thing to do, but I'm moving on. I still worked out yesterday and I think I'll get on the treadmill today at home and get a little bit in. Weigh in is tomorrow. I've been good up until yesterday, but now I'm worried.

MJ: Glad your knee is better. Don't push it!! I know how you feel about organizing. I've been doing that too, but still need to do more.

Lixxi: Good to hear from you. Hope you get some rest!

Have a great day everyone!

MugCanDoIt 05-15-2009 12:35 PM

Ok, ok, ok, ok..(saying it in a Joe Pesci voice from Lethal Weapon movie).

Ok, I MUST make this weekend a success. I dont want to undo what has been done this week, no way. Last weekend was WAY better than the previous, but could have been better. So....I must stay on plan, no mindless grazing, no "oh just one more peanut butter sandwhich before bed", no "oh, i'll skip breakfast and have a big lunch". Nope, must stay on plan and get my butt to the darn gym! Or go walking. Must do it!! Must, must , must!

Sorry, this was kind of a mental note to myself!