I'm going to have to get drunk more often!!!

• So last night a friend called and asked me to go see a band that was playing in a bar down the street. The kids were out of the house, so I said what the heck, lets go dance and have a few beers. Well, a few beers turned into more than I can count and way too many shots. The band was really good and I ended up dancing on top of the bar with random guys! Did I mention I was the only girl in the place all night? I got hit on all night and I loved it!!!! Me, getting hit on! Granted they were all drunk, but it made me feel like a million bucks! I didn't pay for a drink all night and that was great, but I had guys asking for my phone number! I didn't take any of them up on the offer, but it made be feel attractive and for one night, I wasn't the fat chick. After the bar closed, we went to the beach and I think I tried to go swimming, but my friend stopped me. I woke up this morning with sand in my bed and a headache but it was worth feeling beautiful for just one night.

Oh and to top it all off, my scale told me this morning that I was down 5 pounds for the week!
  • How awesome! Sounds like it was well worth the headache
  • glad u had a good time
  • Glad you had such a fabulous time...reminds me of when I was young-er :P. That's like the last few times i went downtown (thats where ALL the clubs are) with my friends....I had a lot of guys hitting on me (most of whom are foreign..lol) and I am just not USED to that happening to me..and a few of them calling me beautiful...offering to buy me drinks etc. At first I found it all a little creepy and it takes a while to get used to. I'm in a happy relationship so of course I didn't take up any of the offers but it was still nice knowing that you're attractive!

So glad you had fun!!!
  • I am glad you had fun and a nice weightloss to boot. I know how it is to want to party--I have a streak of it in me too--okay, maybe more than just a streak. Just always be sure to play it safe! Sorry, I guess it's the mom in me!
  • :d
  • That sounds like so much fun and I am so glad that you had that night I hope your headache is not TOO bad and drink LOTS of water today because you'll be massively dehydrated
  • I'm jealous!!! I don't think I would have the nerve to get up on a bar and dance like that!!! Plus, that 5 lbs is FANTASTIC!!!
  • Ohhh yes, I can *totally* relate to this! I like to call alcohol my "liquid confidence," LOL! Under normal circumstances, I don't think of myself as very attractive, and I'm not too bold with guys--I have so far ventured just one attempt at going after a guy because I reeeeeally liked him and thought he'd be receptive, but that failed miserably, which of course did wonders for my confidence in approaching guys and such... However, I'm always amazed at how quickly this other side of me (probably the "real" me!) can creep out of hiding quite easily once I've had a drink or two. I just transform into this creature who is as beastly, aggressive, seductive (and a little naughty) as the normal Meredith is mild-mannered and self-deprecating. One of my friends has even come up with a name for my alter-ego, but it's not, er, appropriate to be posted here! :shh:

And it certainly helps that the college guys at the parties I go to are usually pretty darn friendly when the room is dark and they're a bit booze-soaked as well... 'Course it doesn't do anything to make me feel better the next day, cuz I "know" that it was only because the room was dark and they were drunk that they were actually hitting on me... Hehe. But I'm so glad to hear that you had a wild, fun night! I've been dying to have a crazy night out like that for weeks, but unfortunately have not had a drink in over a month now! I guess that's good news for my weight loss, haha, but the "other" Meredith is starting to rattle in her cage a bit!