Old 05-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #31  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

Heather, I'll take your word on the jiggly belly but your after picture still looks really good!
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #32  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to the wonderful world of the emotional plateau. I've hit these before -- just like physical plateaus except the irritation at no weight loss is just not there. And one starts to become complacent because one has come SO FAR, and one feels SO much better, so...bleah...that's how one feels.

Now, there is a huge case to me made for continuing on with the weight loss. And an equally huge case to be made for maintaining. But only question that I have is this, and I've asked it on the Maintainers' Forum but didn't get much response:
How EXACTLY is maintaining different from losing weight? Other than the reduction in calories, it seems to me that the lifestyle has got to be the same.
Where the issue is HERE is that, IMHO, it is absolutely fine to maintain at your weight. You are happy and healthy and tired of the grind. BUT, if your lifestyle is DIFFERENT -- you've stopped exercising or doing those things that made you feel great, and/or you've stopped being vigilant with your food intake (and you don't need to restrict, but you can bump things up to maintain), then the sad fact is:
YOU. WILL. REGAIN. THE. WEIGHT.
It will be slow -- a pound here, a pound there, and before you know it, you'll be back at Lane Bryant and life will suck.
So the ONLY thing I can advise, IMHO, and take it for what it is worth, from someone who lost 60 lbs then regained 82lbs one little pound at a time to reach my all-time high of 244 lbs, you DON'T WANT TO GO THERE. You need to draw a line in the sand and maintain exactly where you are. Or get back on track. Either/Or. But DON'T become complacent, because you will really, really regret it...
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 05-01-2009 at 09:29 AM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote