How did I let this happen?

• I gained 11 pounds the week of Easter 222 April 9, 233 April 16. I had managed to lose 6 pounds and get to 227 as of thursday april 23. I weighed myself yesterday and I was 231. I had a party this weekend and pigged out on mini hot dogs wrapped in croissant, brownies, and chips. I porked my way through probably a half a bag of chips. I was doing so well. I was down 33 pounds and now look what I did. But I am more determined now than ever. The crap is out of my house (because I ate it all) and I did pretty good yesterday. I weigh myself again this thrusday and we will see how I do. Say some prayers that God will be my strength.
  • Good for you for getting the food out of the house. Now, recommit yourself and you will get where you want to go. God is there for you always, now do your part and everything will be ok.
  • Oooh, Devsmama is so right.

Yep, pray like everything depends on HIM but work it like everything depends on YOU.
  • Dek6, I will pray for you. But, I say this with total love and affection...God has given you the knowlege and the strength you need. It is now your responsibility to use it. Remember, God never gives us more than we can handle. Have you taken some time to reflect and determine the reason you allowed yourself to go off plan? Have you come up with a way of preventing this from happening in the future? There is a lesson in here somewhere.

I know that you can do this. I believe that we each have what it takes to be successful at weight loss. It's tough...extremely tough!... but I believe it is truly do-able. Afterall, look at our maintainers. They have shown us the possibilities.
  • You can do this! You've had some set backs, but you can forge ahead and get back on track!
  • It was a bad spell, we all have them and now the junk is gone.

Stay strong, stay on track and it'll be fine. Like the blip never even happened ...
  • It's up to YOU to make this happen. You you you and only you. I'm glad you got that crap out of your house. Now fill it with good healthy foods and focus on WHY you binged. What is it about your new lifestyle that's NOT working for you?
  • And drink lost of water to flush the salt out of your system. A lot of the weight you put on is probably bloating, and you'll feel better if you get rid of it.
  • remember it is the first bite that gets you into trouble. do not take that first bite!
  • dek6 I feel your pain. I am in the same boat Apirl was a sucky month for me to. Lets say you and me make May our month to shine!
  • Part of that is probably water weight from the salty chips and such... pick yourself up and move on. It'll come off again in no time. In the meantime, reflect on the situation. Why is happened? Perhaps you have been feeling deprived and so when you had a treat you went overboard? ...There are low calorie treats you can plan for yourself so you don't feel tempted to binge.
  • You are here. You can plainly see now how easily things spiral out of control, keep that in mind for the future.
    I will sure keep you in my prayers. I will pray for all the girls here to stay strong as well!