3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   am I the only one...? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/169751-am-i-only-one.html)

matt_H 04-21-2009 01:09 PM

am I the only one...?

That deliberately buys clothes 1 size too small to "lose my way into them"? It seems silly, but I just spent over $150 for several shirts and pair jeans that I can't wear just yet.

The "non-scale victory" is that I bought the clothes at a regular store and not the fat guy catalog! The shirts are 2x which are snug and not wearable until I lose about 10-15 more pounds.

Its kind of an incentive to me to lose more weight so I wouldn't have spent the money in vain :)

enchantedonyx 04-21-2009 01:42 PM

I only do it at the Goodwill store and then only a bit snug but that's just me. It's wonderful to be able to wear them.

Congrats on the NSV of regular store. I got that one last week- bought my first pair of "junior" sized clothes in years. It's an amazing feeling, isn't it?

carol2208 04-21-2009 01:49 PM

I do that too ! If I really like something and they don´t have it on my size but a size smaller, I buy it "for the future"... I see it as a win win, because when I do get into them the feeling is amazing and when I fall off the wagon they are still there, nagging me, as a constant reminder that I need to get back on track...

rockinrobin 04-21-2009 01:50 PM

Throughout the months that I was losing I DID buy a couple of pieces of clothing for "down the road". It definitely was fun to try and see how long it would take me to fit in them properly.

Since my body was changing so much, not just in poundage, but in shape, I made sure I bought it at places with good return policies and I held onto the receipt.

Congrats on the NSV. That must have felt really good. :)

NiftyTink 04-21-2009 01:58 PM

I have a pair of jeans for the next 4 sizes I lose. In my opinion its a much better way to track your progress than the scale. Sometimes the scale doesnt budge, but your still sneaking off inches. This way you know for sure!

geoblewis 04-21-2009 01:59 PM

I have a few items of clothing that I bought for that reason, sort of by default. I'm not losing weight off all my body parts at the same rate, so the sleeves on my newer tops are snug while the bodice fits fine. My last set of shirts got really roomy by the time my sleeves started to fit properly. And once those sleeves got loose, I dropped to the next size down. I like working towards the looser sleeves.

Georgia

DCHound 04-21-2009 02:07 PM

Yep, I bought a great pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and a really cute casual top, both in a size 16 misses, last month and they are hanging on my closet door to inspire me. Right now I'm an 18W so 16 misses is still a ways away...end of summer, definitely.

cfmama 04-21-2009 02:32 PM

Yep! I bought a pair of really cute MXM capri's two months ago in a size 20 and on a whim last night I tried them on... THEY FIT! PERFECTLY!!!! So I wore them ;) I actually took some pics that I'll post on the progress thread later ;)

Sandi 04-21-2009 10:13 PM

:hug: Matt!!!

There you are my friend!! Glad to see you back and even gladder (is that a word?) that you are doing so awesome!! Congratulations!!

Jennelle 04-21-2009 10:14 PM

I think I'm the only one who *doesn't* do that. I have in the past, but it's always ended up being a jinx. :p

photoRuth 04-21-2009 10:34 PM

I bought a pair of size 12 BGBG pants and a size L BCBG shirt for 70% off at Macys at the end of last summer- just tried them on and they fit :) yipee!

I also own a pair of size 12 JCrew pants that were from last seasons clearance and will be worn as soon as it warms up.

When I do this I like to hang the outfit in my closet so I see it daily for motivation.

Fox 04-21-2009 11:47 PM

I try not to make a habit of it (because there have been times that I never did get to wear that piece of clothing) but just a couple of weeks ago I bought a really fantastic sundress size 12 because they didn't have a larger size. I can barely put it on and the zip doesn't go all the way up but man I can't wait to wear it this summer when it'll fit just right!

Leeesa 04-21-2009 11:51 PM

Not only do I buy clothing that is a smidge too small, but I immediately donate the clothes that are even a smidge too big, no going back for me!

Blackie 04-22-2009 12:12 AM

I am not planning to buy anything in my next several sizes down. I have enough in the closet at those sizes already. I have broked down and bought 2 coats in my goal size. That is my motivation...

matt_H 04-22-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi (Post 2708459)
:hug: Matt!!!

There you are my friend!! Glad to see you back and even gladder (is that a word?) that you are doing so awesome!! Congratulations!!

I come back once every 2 or 3 years! :).

I'm a horrible 3fc-er, but I hope to stick around this time. Its good seeing you again Sandy :)