3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   No honestly, I AM laughing at myself (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/168049-no-honestly-i-am-laughing-myself.html)

Rosinante 03-30-2009 12:11 PM

No honestly, I AM laughing at myself

So I'm keen for anyone to notice I've lost weight. Yes I know the hairdresser said so a couple of weeks ago but they're paid to be complimentary :devil: none of my friends have noticed yet.
and
So I think this new bustline/bra is such a big improvement that people Must notice Now....

so I had lunch with the Platonic Man today. He's bound to notice, I thought. If nothing else he must notice these Jayne Mansfields standing to attention.
Nope, nada, zip.

Then we were in a shop that sells humourous greetings cards. 'Here's one for you', he said:
It was a photo of an old granny, in a typical old-lady dress, a typically roundy granny, carrying a tea-tray quite high. With the caption 'Gladys had thought of a back-up plan in case her bra failed....'

the next 'here's one for you' was:
A picture of a naked woman standing on the scales, with the caption: 'Elspeth was determined to carry on weighing herself naked, although it caused a bit of a stir at the WW meetings.....'

I just could not help laughing at myself: here I am (in my head) with over 20lbs lost and a great rack, and one of my best friends shows me cards about floppy boobs and being on a diet. ;):D;) ;) :devil:;)

It's ok, I'm not down and needing support, one of these days I'll burst upon them all in my full glory - but today I had to laugh at the irony!

TJFitnessDiva 03-30-2009 12:26 PM

A man in general wouldn't notice a thing if it's not pointed out lol I had once cut 10 inches off my hair and my husband did not notice until my friend pointed it out after he'd been home for 4 hours :lol:

Macomom 03-30-2009 12:44 PM

That's the danger of having lunch with Platonic Man- he is Platonic Man and is not supposed to notice these things :)

JulieJ08 03-30-2009 12:52 PM

I was going to say he was probably too polite to comment on your rack :), but from the cards, I'd say your relationship isn't that reserved! ;)

irishsarah 03-30-2009 01:00 PM

Men. :p I am glad you have kept your sense of humour. I may have been tempted to slap him upside the head myself. LOL!

I don't think my husband has really noticed my weight loss either.
Yesterday his brother was stopping by with our niece and I ran upstairs to find some presentable pants to wear. (I was in dirty yoga pants...I was on a clean spree!)
My only pair of jeans are too big and in the wash. I grab the next size down jeans and they fit. They are a teeny bit tight in the waist, just a teeny bit, when I sit but not enough to be uncomfortable. I come downstairs and he was like..."I thought your jeans were in the wash, where did you get those?" I told him they were old ones that I haven't been able to wear before.

He looked surprised. :dz:

Then he did say he liked how they "fit my shape." :rolleyes: He was doing damage control. Of course, theyare snug across my big ol' butt and he does like that. ;)

cfmama 03-31-2009 01:17 AM

You HAVE to keep your sense of humor about those types of things and it sounds like you handled it with grace ;) What a guy! I might have smacked him ;)