3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Trying not to binge... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/167080-trying-not-binge.html)

Gretchy 03-17-2009 08:02 PM

Trying not to binge...

I'm feeling pretty crappy right now. I just ended things with the guy I've been dating for almost 2 years (the guy I thought I would marry). Now I'm trying not to eat crappy food just because I feel crappy. Blah. What do you guys do when you're especially down about something in your life and you just want to stuff yourself with crap?

yup005 03-17-2009 08:38 PM

I go out and play some tennis. Doing a sport or exercise is very uplifting, because your taking care of your body. :)

BarbPA 03-17-2009 09:04 PM

I know it's tempting, but the food is not going to comfort you. It might seem like what you want, but it's not. Go do something you enjoy. Go for a walk, read a book, see a movie, visit a friend....whatever you want to do that doesn't involve making unwise food choices.

Hang in there...this too shall pass.

:hug:

crazycurls 03-17-2009 10:49 PM

I clean the house. The more sad/angry I am, the more I clean. It seems to help me with frustration.

time2lose 03-18-2009 08:44 AM

Barb hit the nail on the head. Food may be comforting in the moment but will hurt in the long run. I like to bury myself in a book. As Barb said, do something you enjoy. You probably also need to allow yourself some time to grieve. Ending a two year relationship is tough. :hug:

Kae 03-18-2009 09:29 AM

I distract myself with anything possible... whatever will hold my attention for the longest at the given time. ...Cleaning, Art, Taking a bath, Talking to friends...

TJFitnessDiva 03-18-2009 10:15 AM

I agree with Barb :)

When I'm down/mad/sad I keep myself busy by cleaning house, exercising, window shopping, crank the music up and dance, going out with a friend....anything to help me deal without food.

*hugs*

thistoo 03-18-2009 10:26 AM

I generally buy stuff I don't need, either online or in a real store. Not the best coping mechanism, I know, but at least it's calorie-free, and shopping really does make you feel better. My only rule is that I only buy clothes if they're on clearance, which saves my budget a little.

ScarlettDrawl 03-18-2009 11:53 AM

:hug:
Shopping does it for me too. I usually buy the most random stuff, but it helps me get my mind off whatever is bothering me.

freshmanweightorbust 03-18-2009 11:59 AM

I just ended things with a guy I'd been with for almost three years, and let me tell you, working out and eschewing junk food with the attitude "that's just what Jerkface would want me to do so I'd stay FAT and have low self-esteem" has been working great for me. Operation: Revenge Hotness is in full-swing in Rosieland. Join me! You'll feel better, whether he notices or not.

Kae 03-18-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust (Post 2659874)
Operation: Revenge Hotness

I like that. :D

cfmama 03-18-2009 03:15 PM

I talk on the phone, watch a movie, read a book... have a bubble bath is my big one.

*hugs*

Buttercup 03-18-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust (Post 2659874)
I just ended things with a guy I'd been with for almost three years, and let me tell you, working out and eschewing junk food with the attitude "that's just what Jerkface would want me to do so I'd stay FAT and have low self-esteem" has been working great for me. Operation: Revenge Hotness is in full-swing in Rosieland. Join me! You'll feel better, whether he notices or not.

I could have not said it any better!!!!

Devsmama 03-19-2009 04:22 PM

Rosie:
I'm with you!!! We might need some T-Shirts with Revenge Hotness on them...lol

Tabby 03-19-2009 04:40 PM

Shopping is what I used to do but now that funds are kind of short I will clean or go for a walk.