Old 03-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #16  
fabulous southern belle

S/C/G: 268/215/165

Height: 5'10"

Dark chocolate, wine, good dark beer, natural peanut butter, and pretty much any and all carbs (btw, making the switch to all whole-grain has been awesome and easy- yay fiber!). I've become a big fan of moderation, eating clean 90% of the time, counting calories, etc. So far, so good!
miss scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #17  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartsushi418 View Post
So I'm sitting here drinking my coffee with French vanilla cream in it...yes I know it's practically syrup, but I'm not willing to give it up, and wondering what if anything everyone else is not willing to give up. I have limited myself to 2 cups a day, one in the morning and one around 5-6pm instead of having several throughout the day, but I feel like there are just some things we should allow ourselves if we are doing well overall. Is there anything you may have cut down on but not completely that you feel you just aren't willing to give up entirely?
same here with my coffee... it's the one thing i will *never* give up. i usually only have 1-2 cups a day (today i'll probably have 3 because i'm having a serious case of the Monday's)
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 263/256/160

Height: 5'3"

For me it is dinner with my family. I like to eat what I make for dinner, I try to make healthier versions but sometimes the family just won't eat it that way. So I just try to eat a very small portion of it and make up for it with a salad.
evillynn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 183/172/140

Height: 5'5''

I will never ever give up my morning latte, which is actually a rice latte w/espresso and two spoons of organic sugar, which is still sugar, of course. The food item I have the most trouble with is Nong Shim Shin Ramyun, a deadly spicy noodle soup. There is someting in it that just makes me want to keep going, couple that with the daredevil delight of scalding your mouth with each bite. I can not be trusted around it. I can not have it in the house. I normally do not eat "junk". This product is really just a bunch of yummy chemicals. I think I defeated the ramyun the other day. I held a packet in my hand at the grocery store anticipating the sting, and then, even with my husband prodding me to get two because I'll inevitably want more, I put it back because I decided not to throw anymore junk onto my healthy choices and the sodium content is like 2500 mg. a packet or something in that neighborhood. I was able to be logical while in its presence. That never happened before. I'm giving it up, hopefully forever. But I will never part from my latte. I start looking forward to my morning latte at bedtime the night before.
shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #20  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Cheese. Full fat rich creamy cheese.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #21  

Height: 5ft6'

I don't think there is anything that I am not willing to give up. I mean i would not eat a meal that was filled with foods that i do not like that taste of but there are always alternatives that I do like. For instance if my meal plan says to eat asparagus (which I think tastes like feet) I eat cucumber or snap peas instead. but as for coffee or junk it's not an option. I will give it all up. At least I certainly try...lol.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #22  

My usual breakfast which is an egg fried in a tablespoon of canola oil and a slice of toast. This is about 270-300 calories and keeps me satisfied for about 4-6 hours. I've found that if I start my day with eggs, I stay more in control the rest of the day food-wise.
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #23  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberShimmer View Post
My usual breakfast which is an egg fried in a tablespoon of canola oil and a slice of toast. This is about 270-300 calories and keeps me satisfied for about 4-6 hours. I've found that if I start my day with eggs, I stay more in control the rest of the day food-wise.
i need to make some hard boiled eggs tonight
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #24  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Speaking of eggs for breakfast. On the weekends when I have time, I always have an egg sandwich for breakfast.

2 slices of bread (120 cals)
1 slice of reg cheese (80 cals)
1 TBSP light Mayo (35 cals)
1 egg (74 cals)

This works out to be just 309 cals and it feels like such a treat. I just throw an egg (scrambled) in the microwave for 1 min and it's perfect with no fat added!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #25  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I was *just* thinking about my cinnamon vanilla coffee creamer about half an hour ago. I've been unwilling to give it up thus far, and today I realized that's 140 calories out of my daily 1400 that has no nutritional value whatsoever. I should give it up. I *could* give it up. But I don't want to give it up.

The thing is that it's all just chemicals, so it's terrible for me. For health reasons alone I should be willing to switch to half and half, at least. But I really look forward to my morning coffee, and I'm not sure how I'll handle saying goodbye to it.

So, short answer: I'm still clinging to my coffee creamer too.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

My answer has changed. Initially the only thing I was willing to give up was oversized portions. Everything else "in moderation".

Over time I find that some of the things I held on to I have functionally "given up". I eat far fewer gooey desserts, almost no snack food, and have only had McDonald's once in the last six months, and that was not by choice.

So, I'm not prepared to give up anything...until I am ready. Then I don't have to make a decision, it just doesn't seem to appeal to me as much.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #27  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

There's nothing I won't give up, which puts me in TraceyElaine's family again woohoo, except I llllove asparagus, so I can eat hers.

This nobility is tempered by the fact that with calorie counting, there's nothing I have to give up.

but if I get near to my calorie total and my head wants something that will take me way over, I don't have it. so far.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartsushi418 View Post
So I'm sitting here drinking my coffee with French vanilla cream in it...yes I know it's practically syrup, but I'm not willing to give it up, and wondering what if anything everyone else is not willing to give up. I have limited myself to 2 cups a day, one in the morning and one around 5-6pm instead of having several throughout the day, but I feel like there are just some things we should allow ourselves if we are doing well overall. Is there anything you may have cut down on but not completely that you feel you just aren't willing to give up entirely?
coffee with creamer is mine also. I use Silk creamer, which seems to be a tad "healthier" oh, and I won't give up the treat of starbucks if I'm shopping in the mall.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #29  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
coffee with creamer is mine also. I use Silk creamer, which seems to be a tad "healthier" oh, and I won't give up the treat of starbucks if I'm shopping in the mall.
I keep *trying* to give up Starbucks just to save money, but it hasn't worked so far! The fact that there is one right across the street from my job does not help at all. Though I always get a venti Americano, which is cheaper and 24 calories (before creamer), so that's better than a latte, I guess.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #30  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

There is nothing that I will not ruthlessly excise from my daily diet if I find that it is a negative to me. Sugar went, coffee went, white refined grains went, multiple / uncontrolled servings of even good carbs went. I consider everything else in my diet to either provide a positive benefit, or it's subject to immediate dismissal if I find it lacking.

Happily, there are many things I love which -are- positives in my diet, so I can keep them in. I find my current daily diet to be extremely satisfying physically, mentally, and emotionally.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote