Old 03-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #1  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Noticing difference in pics!

A friend posted some pictures on facebook of us and another friend. I'm about 25lbs heavier in one than in the other. I don't see the difference in the mirror but I definitely do in the pictures!

Christmas 2006 at almost my all-time high weight (probably about 270 here). I'm the one holding the baby (baby is not mine so I can't blame baby weight).

Christmas 2008. About 245lbs. I'm in the middle here. My fat belly is hanging out! Yikes! But, this is the first time I've been able to really see a picture difference. You can I'd been into the spiked punch at the party. Rosy, rosy cheeks

enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

I totally see the difference. Keep on keepin' on! You are inspirational; and I love your hair blonde.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #3  

There is a significant difference in your face. And that's a big deal to me- one of the hardest parts of being overweight for me is seeing a face in the mirror that doesn't feel like 'mine'. So I'm VERY excited for you to see the difference. It is very clear in the picture.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:04 AM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

The difference is VERY clear!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:23 AM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Yup, you can really see it, or rather, less of it! Well done!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:39 AM   #6  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

That is ONLY 25 pounds? You look like two completely different people! Great job!
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

That is great! Success breeds success so seeing these changes in ourselves is very important. Way to go!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #8  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

definitely a difference
great job =D
alsten02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #9  
Getting healthy!

Thanks guys. it's just nice to hear that it's working a little bit. I'm a bit horrified by that first pic. Noticing what a difference 25lbs makes in a picture has got me fired up again. If 25lbs made a noticeable difference, what will 50 or 75 or even, ultimately, 135, do?

And I agree about the blonde hair. I'm a natural blonde and it looks best pretty close to the natural color. Pink is my favorite but the boss frowns on that so blonde it is!

~Onyx
Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #10  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

It looks like you've lost more than 25 lbs. Great job!!! Looking good!!!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #11  
fabulous southern belle

S/C/G: 268/215/165

Height: 5'10"

Go ahead, girl! You're looking good- I agree, it looks like more than 25 to me too! Keep it up! I like the blonde hair too. Have you thought about doing a pink strip underneath your top layers of hair? You can pull it back and show it off on the weekends!
miss scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #12  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Red is definitely your color -- you're right to wear it. You look good, and yes, I can see the weight loss. No question about it.

What I like about your "before" and "after" pictures is that you look completely comfortable & happy in both of them & that I can feel the affection between you & those other women. In the magazine ads, I hate when the "before" has slumped posture, hair hanging over the face, no makeup, no animation, and the "after" is all aglow. I mean, come on, our lives weren't COMPLETELY DESOLATE before weight loss. Things were still going on. We still knew how to stand up straight & smile. Your pictures prove the magazine before/afters are completely contrived & loaded.

Do you mind if I ask in what order your hair color change happened, compared with your weight loss? Did you go blond just when you started out, sort of as a declaration of intent? ;-) Or did you lose the weight & then visit your hairdresser and say, "Let's go blonde"?

This is interesting to me because since my weight loss became really visible, my hairdresser has talked me into things that I know I never would have tried when I was heavier. (He's a persuasive, smooth one, he is.) So for me, it was lose the weight first, then get baliage highlights & etc. I didn't have the guts beforehand.

Last edited by saef; 03-16-2009 at 05:39 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #13  
Getting healthy!

Saef, with not looking like a magazine ad, it's cause the only thing I'm selling is "get your *** up off the couch and move it!" which tends to not be a product you can make much money off of. (my first 30lbs) were simply due to jobs that involved more physical activity, a 3rd floor walkup apartment, and moving out of my parent's house (always full of junk food). I'm more serious about food and exercise now though. And the girls in the pics with me are two of the best friends a girl could ever ask for. And the baby is one of my favorite people of all time. So I'm always happy to see them.

As for hair color...I started coloring it when I was 14. It's been everything from almost white bleach-blonde to black. I've done pink and blue temporarily and purple permanently (by accident). I haven't done green but would love to. I've been fat most of my life and that didn't seem to change so I just changed my hair.

Now, as a working professional with a good job that I love (and don't want to risk by doing crazy stuff with my hair), I'm more sensible with it. My natural color is a dull dishwater blonde with a lot of gray for someone not yet 30. So I just color it a bit warmer and more golden than it is naturally. And my stylist has never colored it. I've always done it myself.

I'm comfortable with colors but I used to wear it really short. Then realized my face was much too fat for short hair cuts. Now I can't wait to get skinny so I can go back to short hair.

Best of luck being a blonde! It's fun

That's enough of a novel from me.