3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I don't recognize my face! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/166672-i-dont-recognize-my-face.html)

ChocLabLover 03-12-2009 09:45 AM

I don't recognize my face!

I think one oddest experiences I have had recently is that I don't recognize my face. I was playing around with my webcam on my laptop and I looked at myself, really looked at myself. I did not recognize the lean face that was staring back at me. It was quite a strange feeling. I have realized that I have to get re-aquainted with myself. I noticing bones that protude (ribs, backbone, collarbone) that I have never seen before. I am happy about, please don't get me wrong, but it makes me realized that I have to now get used to the new me.

Ruthxxx 03-12-2009 10:03 AM

You bet! With 105+ pounds gone, you ARE a new you! :cheer:

Nada 03-12-2009 10:20 AM

Funny, it was my "fat face" I didn't recognise; I'm glad to see me again in the mirror.

Kae 03-12-2009 10:57 AM

Yea it's been my "fat face" that I didn't recognize... I'm slowly starting to find me again underneath it all.

Numina 03-12-2009 11:14 AM

You need to take you out to a nice salad dinner and get re-acquainted, ChocolateLabLover. Or, maybe an even better way to build a good rapport with you is to take you shopping for new, hot, slinky clothes! :lol:

It is interesting that sometimes our heads change slower than our bodies do --- for now, just keep enjoying the pleasant surprise of seeing that sleek, healthy you in the mirror. Congratulations on such a wonderful change!

H8cake 03-12-2009 02:55 PM

That happens to me too. I was obese for almost 25 years so I had forgotten the thinner me. I think what is kind of strange is that when I was this size before I was in my early twenties, now at 45 I have the age and thinner face to get used to. Thankfully the slower weight loss helps with not getting as wrinkled/lined.
I agree with you though, I'm much happier with what I see.

Thighs Be Gone 03-12-2009 02:59 PM

Yes, -105..you are a new person indeed!

onestar 03-12-2009 03:42 PM

can't wait till i don't recognize my face. lol!

Beautiful Ace 03-12-2009 03:49 PM

Nice, I can see very subtle difference about myself, but nothing too extreme yet. Should be a fun experience:D I can't wait.

Candi23 03-12-2009 04:18 PM

I have not really seen any difference in myself recently. I can'w wait to feel like you do!!!! You got me excited all over again!!!!:carrot:

Lori Bell 03-12-2009 04:19 PM

It is a strange sensation isn't it? Now when I look in the mirror I see MY MOTHER!! It's kind of cool because she passed away 16 years ago, so it's nice to see her again... :)

rockinrobin 03-12-2009 05:36 PM

It is an odd thing, isn't it? Sometimes I'll catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and wonder where that girl came from. Other times I'll think that's me and why in the world was she hidden for so long. It's a very odd thing.

cfmama 03-12-2009 08:11 PM

I feel ya girl! I don't recognize my new face AT ALL.

You need to go get some lovely new scented lotion and rub in into your new fit body, a lovely face scrub and explore the new contours of your face... and remind yourself how hard you worked for this and how GORGEOUS! you are now :)

Amber1011 03-12-2009 10:30 PM

CONGRATS! I can't wait until I see my new face- I have always been overweight, so I'll be very happy when I see my more beautiful thin face.

Beautiful Ace 03-12-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber1011 (Post 2652517)
CONGRATS! I can't wait until I see my new face- I have always been overweight, so I'll be very happy when I see my more beautiful thin face.

Yeh I've been overweight my whole life too, its going to be a whole new experience:D