Old 03-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Gross Post Ahead: Beware...An issue with Walking

Ok, I know some of you dont want to hear something like this, but this is interfering with my exercise and I must ask about it! Sorry if its gross.......

My " bm's" are interfering with my walking! Evertime I go walking at my lunch hour at work, I end up almost having an accident before I get back. I guess it makes it work out of my system by moving, I dont know. There has been two times now I almost didnt make it!

This is so dumb that something like this could make somebody want to stop exercising for fear of messing their frigging pants!

What can I do to make it to where this doesnt happen while walking?

Should I save my lunch to eat after I get done walking? I am diabetic, so really I need food before exercising. What can I frigging do to stop this from happening?
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #2  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

my first thouht would be too much fiber in your diet? every time i have too much of fiber it makes me go poop way too easy... its not a gross post at all! we all deal with this at some point
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:03 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

You are brave to bare this, it has been problematic for me at times too! It must be the trigger of food in your tum that 'gets things going'. So I would at first say walk first, then eat, but you do need to have something because of the diabetic part. Can you have a little snack maybe 15 minutes before walking, or are you not allowed to eat until it's actually your lunch time?

I am not sure what to suggest, I hope someone else helps but here's a big because I can remember doing indoor workouts, lots of high impact, and had some close calls, it was enough to get me so mad and super frustrated that I was ready to swear off exercising.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #4  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Well Ive been wondering about my fiber cause Im been constipated. In fact, the day of my almost accident, I was constipated, that is until I was half way through my walk. So who knows? Gosh, how frustrating!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/242/199first

Height: 5'6"

Exercise is one of the best things for constipation. My son (2y) has issues with this-bad enough that he has had several rectal prolapses. The gastro-enterologist said...increase fibre...fluids and .....Exercise. If he has a day where he hasn't had a bm then I make him jump on the bed and do lots of dancing....works everytime!!
lol
So I think that your body is just naturally dealing with the constipation. Try having a light snack before your walk...then lunch when you return.
lonegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #6  

Google "runners trots."
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I don't have/haven't had that serious a problem but I do know that walking briskly for 30 - 40 minutes means I 'go' right after I get in. I first noticed it with my dogs - I can squeeze them out in their yard before I take them out for a walk but less than half a block and there they go.... for the dogs I take rolls of poop bags. Not a suggestion :wink:
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:37 PM   #8  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Exercise will make you go and so will veggies, fruit, all of that!!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Yep me too. By the time I get home I have TO GO. And nowish.

The dog? Same thing
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hmmm, I don't find this gross, I find it fascinating. It's so amazing the way the body works!

I would agree with the poster who suggested having a light snack before you walk, and then eating your lunch afterward.

Do you have coffee anytime close to your walk? That could cause problems too. I remember a friend of mine told me Starbucks always gave her diarrhea.

~Choirgirl~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #11  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

I have the same problem at times. I walk 60 minutes twice a day. I make sure I go before I leave the house but at least twice a week, I have to go sooo bad on my walk. Can you try walking in an area where there are public bathrooms? I think the movement gets things going. My AM walk is always before breakfast so I don't think food is the problem.

If you figure something out, let me know!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #12  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Just a thought, I do this when the weather is bad . . . what about walking in Wallmart or the mall? They have public toilets close by
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #13  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I get that way too when I'm running....mainly for me it's gas I never ever thought about it much because I have my own gym at home but when I was gone this past weekend for a convention I went down there to run on their treadmills. OMG! lmao
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote