Need some advice...

• So tomorrow is going to be a marathon day, and I want to pack food for it. I normally work 2nd shift, which is 4:00pm - 12:30am. I usually get to bed around 2-3am, and while I'd like to think I won't eat when I come in I don't know how healthy that would be. I've thought of maybe switching my breakfast and dinner meals...for example, eating my large meal when I wake up in the morning (around 10-11 am) and then eating some high fiber cereal and maybe fruit when I get home from work? My lunch break is normally 7:30-8:00 pm.
    Anyone else with weird work hours? Any suggestions? I can eat at my desk, and I work on the 3rd floor so I can take the stairs for exercise.
  • I don't work weird hours, but I've had to adjust my eating schedule because I've found that I'm prone to snack later at night than I am earlier in the day. So to compensate for that, I've made my dinner later at night so that I can eat late, lol. So, I generally eat my dinner around 9:00 or 9:30. And, for that meal, I do exactly as you said what you're thinking about doing for your 2-3am meal. I eat cereal or oatmeal, yogurt, and some fruit (maybe some Laughing Cow cheese and some crackers too).

I think your plan sounds fine. I don't think it really matters when you eat, just what you eat. Unless eating late effects how you sleep...in that case, you might want to reconsider.