Old 03-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #16  

Mug, what I do is take some thread about 20 inches long, tie the ends to make one circle of thread... then twist the circle a couple times so that it looks like a bow, put the thread on top of my skin where i want the hair to be removed and sort of... twist the thread back and forth using both ends. This works great, especially for eyebrows but I think you need someone to help you do eyebrows.

Here's a link I found that explains it much better. http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/...Hair-Away.html
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #17  

Here's a video I found on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNPc7rgg4s
Old 03-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 254/242/199first

Height: 5'6"

I prefer to just bleach. I use bleach specifically for the face...it takes about 10-15min so I do it when I am lying in the bath.
lonegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Okay, since you guys brought this up, I have a question.

Do you wax because the hair is dark? I mean, if you didn't wax would it actually look like an actual mustache? I ask because I am pretty surprised so many ladies wax. I had no idea this was a common problem.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #20  

Lyn, I don't wax but I know that if I don't thread for a while, say three to four weeks, my upper lip resembles a boy in puberty who has started to sprout some fuzz on his lip.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

I never had the problem until after menopause. Now it is on my chin, upper lip and some around the outside of my face. I tried the Nair for facial hair and that worked really well. Though there was a little irritaiton of my skin.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #22  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I only have a few stray hairs here and there, which I'm able to tweeze easily (or sometimes even pull them out with my fingernails).
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:26 AM   #23  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Buttercup - that's interesting. My moustache is not visible, except for an occasional dark one that I pluck. My chin has always had the odd hair but it and the sides of my face have been much worse since menopause. Just the odd, dark, bristly one but doesn't help towards feeling feminine!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Lyn it doesn't look like a mustache exactly, it is not quite as coarse. Mine is bizarre I've got a little tuft of dark hair over the outside edge of my lip, but only on one side, and a few chin whiskers. They are dark and noticeable, so I wax them. It's quick and easy. But I come from a hairy family.

I think it's very common. Most of my friends have a few facial hair issues. Of course we are "of a certain age" now. I remember in college I had a female professor who desperately needed to wax - she practically had a light beard and mustache. I wanted to tell her what to do about it, but I didn't want to piss her off and fail the course. Poor thing, I wonder if she ever got a clue.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #25  
started 1/28/08

I never had any facial hair at all until my early 30s, and then I started sprouting enough hair on my upper lip and chin to be really noticeable.

I tweezed for a few years (time-consuming and irritating to the skin - identical to waxing in that it pulls the hair out by the root) and tried laser treatments several times (not a permanent solution, despite the advertisements) before I decided to deal with the problem for once and for all via electrolysis in 2005-2006.

I am very, very happy with the results of the electrolysis. The treatments were mildly uncomfortable, and it took quite a few appointments to zap all the hair, but it's been several years now since my last appointment and my face remains completely hair-free. It is really nice not to have to deal with facial hair as a regular part of my routine.

Last edited by Merksie; 03-07-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #26  

Height: 5ft6'

I have like 4 or 5 on either side of my top lip. Thery are more noticable on me than on say someone with lighter hair. Mine are black so they are noticable and those couple I pluck. They usually stay away for a few weeks. I didn't have them when I was younget or at least they were less noticable. I think this is something that comes with age for the most part.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

You only get stubble when you shave, and sometimes with nair depending on the coarseness of your hair. The reason being that when you shave you actually cut the hair, leaving a blunt end, as opposed to waxing where the hair is pulled out at the root, when it grows back it is exactly as it was. If you an afford it, (and have dark hair/pale skin) I'd go for laser hair removal, it's the most wonderful, liberating thing ever
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

As well as the video posted by AmberShimmer I found that this video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0E6...eature=related was really helpful as the lady shows you step by step what to do to thread your upper lip.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote