Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 08:24 AM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Where are Y'all From? Time to represent!

Going through the Profiles I noticed we have quite a variety of "living locations" even representing several countries!
Thought it might be fun to catch it all in one post!

I am from Boston MA USA
Old 05-23-2002, 08:49 AM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I live in Green Bay, WI - home of the packers!!

But I lived in Toronto, Canada up until 4 years ago when I met my husband. I am still trying to get my INS crap done - it will be 3 years this summer!!! urgh. I can't wait to go to work!!!!

Dana
Old 05-23-2002, 09:02 AM   #3  
Still Hanging Around:)

I'm a north-western Wisconsin gal I've lived in the Chippewa Valley all my life I love it here, wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

I'm a huge Green Bay Packer fan Ü I try to get to as many games as possible, but what I don't see in person, I watch on TV. I rarely miss a game!!!!

Where I'm at... there are lots of rivers & lakes.... I've lived in towns of 400-2000 for a good portion of my life, but now am living in our county seat, which is about 13,000. I love it here. So much for the kids!! It's a great community.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:17 AM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Sakk - we just move to Green Bay from Eau Claire in March - I love that area! Town sizes are perfect!

Just to let everyone know that EVERYONE in Wisconsin watches the packers.. I think it's the law.. hehe. If for some strange reason you are not at home during at a game they play them at department stores instead of the elevator music. They are football crazy in this town! I've never seen anything like it - it's like the 4th of July on Game Day.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:11 AM   #5  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Well add another Wisconsin-ite to the list. I'm currently in Sheboygan but was born and spent most of my life in Fond du Lac.

I'm not much of a sports fan, but should I admit that aloud around here I may be linched or something, so for the record "GO PACK GO"

My husband is from Norway so I can totally relate to that INS crap Slimdown, talk about a pain! geeeesh!

Traci
Old 05-23-2002, 10:11 AM   #6  
Still Hanging Around:)

I live in Chippewa Falls, Dana LOL! Very cool!
I have family in Green Bay. Having been in Green Bay on Packer game day, I can totally support the Packer-fanatic atmosphere. Even here, quite some distance from G.B., when it's game day, people hit the grocery store in the morning to stock up, then the whole town goes silent! LOL!!!
Old 05-23-2002, 12:06 PM   #7  
Losin It For GOOD!

If I'm not mistaken that means you guys are all

CHEESE HEADS!!!!!!!!

Might I quietly note that the PATRIOTS WON THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Old 05-23-2002, 01:11 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hoosier Here!!

Northwest Indiana!!
Old 05-23-2002, 01:27 PM   #9  

I have to be different.....GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA
Old 05-23-2002, 01:56 PM   #10  
Getting healthier daily!!

Angry Where I live....

Hello.

I live in Northern Illinois (about 15 miles SW of Chicago). I met my husband when we were both in the Philadelphia area but have been in the Great Mid-West for 35 years and our daughters are true Mid-Westerners.

I was born in Oklahoma back in the dark ages so I always look for people from there!
Old 05-23-2002, 01:56 PM   #11  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Wow Inca ~

I'm from Greensboro, NC too ~ there are people here from so many places, I never thought I'd meet up with someone from the same town. I think I had read somewhere before that you were from Greensboro, but didn't post for a while and forgot.

I was born and grew up in Ohio, got married and moved to Maine ~ lived there almost 20 years, then my husband's job took us to Kansas City, Missouri and now here in Greensboro. It is fun when I see people who are from places I've lived.

glynne

Last edited by glynne; 05-23-2002 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:22 PM   #12  
EbonyAngel

I am from Cedar Rapids, IOWA!! WOOHOO
Old 05-23-2002, 07:05 PM   #13  

Default where I'm from

I live in Hamilton Square, New Jersey, which is near Princeton.

No, I don't have big hair...I don't hang out at shopping malls, and I don't have a Jersey accent ! (not that there's anything wrong with any of those things, I remember someone on here is from Northern New Jersey..please, I don't want to offend anyone. Just quoting from a song by NJ singer songwriter John Gorka, who has a song called "I'm From New Jersey"......I wish I could say I lived somewhere else, but til we retire, we're kind of stuck here..(husband's job).

Take care,
Sherry
Old 05-23-2002, 08:50 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

you're a hoot, suze!!! yeah. heres the other joisy girl. in northeast morris county, a few miles north of the willowbrook mall. in the northern part of the state. 25 miles from NYC.

i used to have a BF who lived in hamilton square. a pretty place, but he turned out to be NOT NICE>

my mom's a hoosier, and dad was born and raised in manhattan. they met at ball state university during WW2. and before mom knew what hit her, she was in midtown manhattan going to knicks games!!! but we've always been IU basketball fans. seems to be genetic

will post more later. have to go do a conference call for those crazy people i've been working with...

ok. i'm back.. this part of joisy is very nice. hills. woods. not much industry, but it's coming!!! there's been too much development over the past 15 years or so, and i'm sick of it.

and i'm not a big-haired, gum snapping, miniskirted bimbette either. but then again, i'm probably too old to be a bimbette..

and, just to meander along the stream of consciousness, i commuted into nyc for about 20 years, off and on. and just about anything that could happen has happened. well, at least i didn't get caught in planes crashing into the building, thank goodness!!!

i've been stuck on the PATH train for two hours in a tunnel. without a seat.

and on a commuter train that hit a pedestrian

and on a bus that broke down in the lincoln tunnel and had to be towed out. the tow truck driver hopped onto the bus when we got out, and warned us to stay on the bus because 'they'd run us over in a heartbeat'

and on a bus that was hit by a car driven by a lady who claimed that she didn't see the bus. [how can you NOT see a bus in front of you???]

and in the PATH station when the announcement came on that service was suspended because of 'unauthorized passenger activity.' can you folks guess what it was???? we found out the next day that someone had gotten on an empty train with a gun, and was shooting holes in it.

floods. fires. bomb scares. the christmas show at radio city [not fun when you work in the same building!!!]

street closures because someone was climbing the building across from you

street closures because i worked in the same building as the israeli consulate, and either the palestinians or the hasidim would demonstrate

well you get the idea... no wonder i was exhausted all the time!!!!

well, that's life in this part of joisy....

Last edited by jiffypop; 05-23-2002 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2002, 11:15 PM   #15  

Hey, all.

Salem, OH. Five miles from the little bitty town where I grew up. We are 50 mi from Pittsburgh, and 70 from Cleveland. I love small towns, too.
Closed Thread