Old 03-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #31  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I went to a sports event last night. The seats there are on the smallish side because it's an older arena. When I was there two years ago, I left with bruises on my hips from having to wedge myself in the seats. Last night, I slid in like buttah. I've been saying that I've "only" lost 19 lbs., but last night showed me that 19 lbs. is a LOT!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #32  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

^ Oooh, that's so cool! Ya gotta love it when you find that you "fit" into something better than you did before, whether it's clothes or a chair, hehe. I love that, too... I never used to understand how some people could sit in theater/stadium-style seating and NOT use the armrests... Now I know that that was because I was always so wide that my arms naturally spilled out over the side of the seat. How nice it is now to be able to slide into the seat ("like buttah," hehe, I like that!) and actually have room on either side! And YES, 19 lbs is a lot--you go, girl!

My NSV of the day is that I had a little photo shoot with myself yesterday (I was bored, and thought I looked kind of cute, hehe) and I really like the way they turned out! I even got a new Facebook profile picture out of it, LOL. It's ridiculous how much of a camera-wh*re I've become... I always loved getting my picture taken, and taking my own picture, but now you pretty much have to pry the camera out of my hands!! Haha.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #33  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
A vertical inch! I am used to gaining horizonal inches but vertical!! Wow!! I think I will start yoga!
I know! It was crazy! A friend of mine reports that yoga did the same for her, so it's worth a try for sure.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I went to a baby shower today and only ate raw veggies. There was veggie dip, cake, little sandwiches, cake, pecan tarts, punch with ice cream...did I mention cake? I wasn't even tempted to have any of it. I got a big plate of carrots, celery, cauliflower and broccoli, then drank water.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Those size 18's fit me great now

Also, I was on the phone with my mom. I made a comment to her about "Just you wait, I'll be a skinny minny soon!" Her response? "Oh I don't doubt it. This is it for you." I asked her, "You didn't think that the other times I've tried?" and she said "No, this time's different. You're working out regularly and you're looking at food in a different way now. You're trying new healthy foods you wouldn't eat before. This is your time."

Yay for new healthy habits in addition to losing some weight
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #36  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Gretchy - It must feel great to have the support of your mother, and to know that she really believes in you! Wow, what a great NSV.

I have a NSV for yesterday--I slipped up and had a mini-binge on granola bars around 2-3 pm, BUT the good news is that I didn't take that as an excuse to throw the whole day away... You know what I mean? In the past I might have had an attitude like "Well, I already ruined today, so I might as well really ruin it!" and to be honest, I did juuust slightly have that temptation to go buy some junk and have a REAL binge. But nope, instead I just kept it light for the rest of the day, and today I was actually down 0.8 lbs! Here's to shocking your body, heh.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #37  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 302.2/302.2/160

Height: 5'7"

My NSV was the realization that I have not been to my two favorite eating places ever, Red Robin and Taco Bell, in almost two months!!!!! Those places are ALWAYS the reason why I mess up my diets. I can't believe that I haven't been there in so long! I used to go to Taco Bell at least once a week, and Red Robin every other week.
Newlywed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations everyone, great NSV's.

I got up the last two days and went to the local Metro Park and walked over three miles in the rain. In the past I wold have stayed in because it was raining but since I singed up for a 5K Run/Walk I had to prove to myself that I could do it, even in the rain.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #39  

This is my first post here, although I've been reading in this forum as well as the 300+ one for awhile. I was at a stable weight of around 300 for years and years and wore 3x during that period, then I went through some emotional stuff and gained up to 380 ... ugh, and that was like 5 years ago .... I've had to buy from alternative clothing stores, 3x wouldn't fit at all. All my pants were elastic waist. So .... I'm back very close to 300 again and I decided to try 3x as it is a lot cheaper than the specialty stores I was buying from, and all my pants were no longer fitting. AND TaDa ... 3x, zipper, fitted waistband pants fit perfectly, plenty of room ... I bought 3 pair for less than 1 pair of the more expensive type ..... Yay! And they feel sooooo good, so much better fitting!
lstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #40  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Congratulations, lstack! That is great. And I'm glad you decided to delurk!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #41  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Yay for delurking, lstack!!! Pleased to make your acquaintance. And how cool is it that you get to use up your first post to tell us about your awesome NSV?! I'm so excited for you! Shopping is preeeetty much one of my most favorite hobbies now--if I can't emotionally eat anymore, sometimes I just have to replace that urge with a little "retail therapy"!! And YES, it's so irritating how clothes for bigger women are sooo much more expensive than the clothes I can buy now... I understand that bigger-sized clothes require more fabric n' such, but I find it hard to believe that an extra foot or so of fabric justifies them jacking the prices up to $40 for a shirt! So first of all, congrats to you on fitting into a smaller size again!!, and I bet the fact that it's easier on your wallet just made it all the more sweeter.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #42  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

So I am totally new (this is my second day), and I actually have 3 NSV's.
1. I got in all the water I was "required" to drink today, and only used 2 crystal light packets. I really want to get accustomed to drinking plain water and cut out the artificial sweetners eventually.

2. I went on a nature walking trail with my husband and son and had a great time instead of making excuses.

3. I let my husband take pictures of me with my son on the nature trail, and instead of going "OMG I'm so fat and gross" and deleting the pictures when I got home, I decided to say "You know what? I'm working on that." and kept the pictures.
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

That's great Iheartsushi! You can use those pics as your "befores"!!!

My NSV is that I bought size 8 khaki's and size 8 black pants today!! It's definitely some vanity sizing (cause I'm still wearing a 10 in jeans), but I have never ever ever fit into single digit clothing sizes in my adult life. I can't say I mind the vanity sizing at all, lol.
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 220/176.2/150

Height: 5'3"

I wore a pair of shoes today that I had thrown in the back of my closet last fall. I threw them back there because they were too tight and made my feet numb if I wore them for too long. Today, I wore them and they didn't hurt my feet! They felt a little loose, actually. So I'm losing everywhere, I suppose!
anmitche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #45  
BELIEVE!

Wow! Everyone is rockin' their NSVs this month!

I had a super cool one for me yesterday....I was shopping at Old Navy for my kids. I have never ever been able to shop there for myself. I decided to try on some size 18 pants just for kicks. Once I found the dressing room I prepared myself to be disappointed...I WAS NOT! I am now the proud owner of a pair of size 18 black capri pants that FIT!!!

I shopped in a "Normal" store!!! OMG...ME...a normal store!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote