I can't do it!

• Today being Shrove Tuesday and
    being that I'm starting a fairly rigorous Lenten observance from tomorrow,
    I decided to have a food treat tonight.

So I ate a pork chop, with some fried potatoes and mushrooms.
    Then I ate a piece of lemon pie.

After the pie, I really wanted a bit more, although I'd previously planned to freeze the rest of the pie in slices for Sundays (Sundays are never fasting days). I thought, why not? This is Your day, you've decided to have a treat.

Reader - I couldn't do it! I wasn't hungry, I knew lemon pie is hardly nutritious, I just couldn't go and cut another piece!

Now, I know me, very well. It wouldn't take that much doing over the next day or two to put me back to square one in terms of eating habits but I'm very struck by how easy it is to establish a good habit. 3 weeks I've been back this time, that's all it took.

My day that was meant to be so self-indulgent, ran out at 1900 calories. Given that I'm eating 1500 at the moment, that's not that bad!
  • Not bad at all. It's great how our habits change.
  • Yeah! It is great that you WANTED to stop at 1900.
  • Good deal! Not bad at all
  • Good job! That's the way you do it!
  • Good job! THAT's what eating well is all about. You have indulgences - once in a while - and in moderate amounts. Good job!
  • RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thankyou! I really appreciate the support from all you Big Losers, if you'll pardon the expression. aiming to catch you all up!
  • That's great! Good for you for working that self control.

I feel ya... last night I was in the mindset that I was going to eat whatever I wanted for dinner because my mom made a roast and rolls and etc... then I heard her telling her friend that I have been doing so well with my new health kick that it is wearing her out just watching me. So I got back in line, counted my calories, and stayed OP for the day...... I just asked my sister if I could watch her eat a Pillsbury roll and pretend it was me, lol...
  • Quote: That's great! Good for you for working that self control.

I feel ya... last night I was in the mindset that I was going to eat whatever I wanted for dinner because my mom made a roast and rolls and etc... then I heard her telling her friend that I have been doing so well with my new health kick that it is wearing her out just watching me. So I got back in line, counted my calories, and stayed OP for the day...... I just asked my sister if I could watch her eat a Pillsbury roll and pretend it was me, lol...
    Great going Kae! Great going. Now that you see that you've done it once and nothing terrible happened to you, just the opposite in fact, you can have confidence and know that you can do it again and again. You start building and building and creating yourself a new *normal*.