3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   exercise accountabilty thread week of 2/16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/164671-exercise-accountabilty-thread-week-2-16-a.html)

iminhere 02-16-2009 03:54 PM

exercise accountabilty thread week of 2/16

housework!! (does that count? lol)

3 mi walk

40 min exerbike

that's the plan baybeeeees!!!:carrot:

onefatgalinfl 02-16-2009 04:24 PM

exercise accountability week of 2/16

Hi Laura,
I'm Carolyn and I'm brand new to the site. I am writing to tell you and all that I actually went walking today for the very first time in 10 years and I did great!!!!! I'm proud of myself. I walked for 30 minutes but it's a start and one that I plan on continuing and building up! I'm excited. I did it! I did it! My sister-in-law kept pushing even when I wanted to sit down on the park bench. Thank God for my sil.
I am also very curious to know what anyone knows about how much exercise cleaning accounts for because I clean houses for a living.
I am enjoying reading the posts and look forward to making new friends and getting inspired.
I started my weight loss and healthy eating program on Dec. 21, 2008 and was at 274.2. As of last Wed. I was down to 260.0! I can live with this!!!!!! It makes me feel so much better in life.
Blessings,
Carolyn

Randi 02-16-2009 05:04 PM

I avoided the gym today - so I did an outside walk/run....

I had heard people say that doing it outside was more difficult than a treadmill, I now understand what they mean...

My husband put together my weight bench for me - so I was able to get an upperbody work out today.......... :D

iminhere 02-16-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefatgalinfl (Post 2615261)
Hi Laura,
I'm Carolyn and I'm brand new to the site. I am writing to tell you and all that I actually went walking today for the very first time in 10 years and I did great!!!!! I'm proud of myself. I walked for 30 minutes but it's a start and one that I plan on continuing and building up! I'm excited. I did it! I did it! My sister-in-law kept pushing even when I wanted to sit down on the park bench. Thank God for my sil.
I am also very curious to know what anyone knows about how much exercise cleaning accounts for because I clean houses for a living.
I am enjoying reading the posts and look forward to making new friends and getting inspired.
I started my weight loss and healthy eating program on Dec. 21, 2008 and was at 274.2. As of last Wed. I was down to 260.0! I can live with this!!!!!! It makes me feel so much better in life.
Blessings,
Carolyn

Carolyn!! great job!!! 30 min. is GREAT!!:carrot:

weight-wise we are about at the same place...exercise really boosts weight loss and raises your metabolism...also it makes you feel good!!

http://www.swivel.com/data_columns/show/5525863

that's a link to how many calories you burn doing housework..

activeadventurer 02-17-2009 08:14 AM

I am going with a 30 minute movement session today. That includes dance and work with the medicine and stability balls. I may even go for 2 30 minute sessions one in the evening and one this morning.

LesliesMom 02-17-2009 08:22 AM

I have a question for all you excercisers. Anyone good (or know of a good site) at estimating calories burned? My routine has been 1.5 miles outside in my neighborhood in a half an hour, so basically 3 MPH. Then I found this treadmill circuit in Family Circle magazine that I love. Every 2 minutes you are changing speed and incline. Like you might be doing 3.0 mph at a 6% incline or 2.8 mph at a 10% incline, then 4 mph at no incline. The magazine says a 150 pound woman can burn 340 calories doing that 1/2 hour workout. It is intense, i'd just like an estimate of the calories I am burning while doing it. I end up with a little over a half a mile on the treadmill when I am done. I know the incline and speed changes are supposed to help with calorie burn.

Anyone want to guess?

Angie

Kae 02-17-2009 12:52 PM

Woo hoo! I started the week off with exercise. While I have been doing pretty well with my eating, exercise has been hard. Last night I went to an Advanced Health Workshop after work and didn't get home 'til 8:30... then I spent a couple hours talking to friends online. I was going to go to bed but I realized I had promised myself earlier that I would get in some movement. I did a 30 min taebo video... what a stress reliever! I'm aiming to exercise every day this week. :)

iminhere 02-17-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesliesMom (Post 2616086)
I have a question for all you excercisers. Anyone good (or know of a good site) at estimating calories burned? My routine has been 1.5 miles outside in my neighborhood in a half an hour, so basically 3 MPH. Then I found this treadmill circuit in Family Circle magazine that I love. Every 2 minutes you are changing speed and incline. Like you might be doing 3.0 mph at a 6% incline or 2.8 mph at a 10% incline, then 4 mph at no incline. The magazine says a 150 pound woman can burn 340 calories doing that 1/2 hour workout. It is intense, i'd just like an estimate of the calories I am burning while doing it. I end up with a little over a half a mile on the treadmill when I am done. I know the incline and speed changes are supposed to help with calorie burn.

Anyone want to guess?

Angie

here is a site:

http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/calories-burned

lottie63 02-17-2009 03:52 PM

today was a light day, 15 mins on My Fitness Coach. Tomorrow is my second fitness test to see if I've improved. woohoo! Can't wait! :D

Randi 02-17-2009 08:58 PM

Lottie - good luck with your fitness test tomorrow - you are going to do great!!!

I went to the gym today - I did the bike - 13.05 miles in 60 minutes and then I did some weights - about 30 minutes.... stretching and called it good.

activeadventurer 02-17-2009 11:18 PM

Did my 2 30 minute movement sessions and spent an hour "on the ball" while I watched a tv show. Also have been listening to the "I can make you thin" CD and it really seems to help in motivating me to move.

Randi 02-18-2009 08:44 PM

I went to the gym and did an hour on the treadmill - kept it low key because I am supposed to go running with my DH on Friday and I have been going hard at it since Sunday - so today was my easy day and I taking tomorrow off.

After the treadmill - I did some strength training, core work and stretching...

activeadventurer 02-18-2009 09:11 PM

No exercise so far today. Maybe a litle wolking when SO gets home.

gin 02-19-2009 12:56 AM

I DID IT! I actually made it to the Y today and did a real workout. I wanted to go on Monday but our car battery was dead. Then on Tuesday I was busy and I had to wait to get the battery recharged. But today I went to the Y, and even though all the elliptical thingys were taken in the 'family room' by people who didn't even have kids:tantrum: I plopped down on the bike and did 40 minutes. I'm not really a fan of the recumbent bikes (am I the only one that makes them "jiggle"?) but I stuck in there and did it anyway.

I always have trouble starting a new food plan AND exercise at the same time, but since I'm like three weeks into this I can't use that excuse anymore. So I am going to be reporting in here on a regular basis.

Jen

activeadventurer 02-19-2009 11:35 PM

Did 30 minutes of movement and 30 minutes "on the ball" today