fiber question

• I am up a lb from yesterday...I didn't do anything wrong....I am wondering if it could just be from the psylium I used yesterday? (I was so freakin hungry)

if it IS the psylium....then it's just water....it hasn't affected my ketosis at all.

has anyone else experienced this from fiber use?
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I used to struggle to get in 25 grams, now I'm eating about 50 without even trying and if I don't drink TONS of water I get constipated and can pack on 3 lbs over night. especially if I eat black beans which I eat a lot of. I have been sick and (badly) haven't been drinking as much as I should and yet HAVE been eating LOTS of fiber. I had to take a laxative last night and I lost 3 lbs by morning...OMG!

make sure you drink plenty of water with fiber. I try and drink 96 oz since I'm eating so much but it doesn' always happen and when it doesn't, I feel the effects.
  • I did drink alot of water....but maybe not enough. I am going to get some magnesium today and that should help. I am hoping its just the fiber. 1 lb just seemed like alot for a little psyllium.

I'm on Stillmans Protein Plus, so I thought fiber might help me feel less hungry ...IT WORKED!! but now I guess I need to get rid of it...teehee.
  • 1 lb is no big deal it's a natural fluctuation. you can fluctuate a few lbs a day it's really annoying eh?

I can gain and lose quite a few lbs within' a few days of each other. I'm one of those annoying every day weighers so I have gotten used to seeing the flux.
  • yea...but I really squeezed that last pound out...took a few days.....then one day later ,VOILA! it's baa-aack!
  • it could be the fiber... it could also just be normal fluctuations. I know that some people say that water intake's not that important but I find it absolutely vital! I drink a minimum of 3 L per day... most days four and I find it keeps things moving right along
  • well the pound is gone...plus 2 ounces....not really sure why....