Old 02-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
I'm always a "glass half full" kinda gal... no make that "the glass is half full and the glass is pretty and there's ice in it and the drink is sparkly and refreshing" LOL Whenever i start feeling sorry for myself, as in "wah wah i'm still fat and i've worked so hard" i give myself a stern "wow you spent 100 years shoving nothing but CRAP in your face and now you're going to whine about it AFTER you've dumped 75 POUNDS of it???" hhahahah i talk to myself a lot After that I perk up and realize holy crap i've lost 75!!! god imagine lugging that around again! wearing those shapeless clothes! yuck! I think by reminding ourselves how bad it WAS, or how bad it could BE, it can alter our thinking - not to say it doesn't still suck to be fat after all this, but it puts it in perspective for me, and i know i'm doing something about it so i can be comfy in my skin & mind. And it ALL has to come from our OWN minds - no amount of pep talks, no amount of "gee you look great" from other people is going to change our MINDS, that's all us! good or bad, attitude is all our doing
Trazey, I want to be you when I grow up! This is the kind of thinking I'm working on. I've always been so negative with myself and I think that's one of the main reasons I ate myself up to my high weight. Yesterday was one of those days where all I could see was saddlebags when I looked in the mirror. I had to stop myself from beating myself up in my head. I try to turn that kind of thinking around because it is so self defeating.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #17  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

This still happens to me now!! Although, it is more rare. I think we all struggle with it. Just keep going!!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #18  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
It takes treating me as if I weren't myself, to get me on the right track. When I talk to myself as though I'm my best friend, and tell myself what I would tell a friend in my position, I feel great and motivated. When I treat myself like I wouldn't treat my worst enemy - of course I feel like crap. Self-esteem isn't about thinking you're better than anyone else, it's about knowing you're not worth less than anyone else, and treating yourself accordingly.
Thank you for an excellent post!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #19  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Such wise advice from all of you. Thanks so much.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote