resizing rings?

• Anyway, my boyfriend got me a promise ring, but it was too small so we sent it off to get resized but now I'm dieting can you get a ring resized twice? It was a 7 and it's going up to a 9. I know they go up or down 2 sizes but if it's already been done can they make it go back again?
  • The jeweler would really be the one to ask, because it might depend on the style of the ring, although I know resizing down is usually easier than resizing up, so I think the odds are in your favor that it can be resized down.
  • They might be able to replace the shank to make it smaller.
  • It should be fine, they really should be able to do that for you. However, I have been warned to wait to get my own engagement ring resized, because it can be bad for the ring itself if it goes through the process too many times.

Twice shouldn't ruin it, I wouldn't think.
  • I'm also waiting to hit goal before my wedding rings are re sized. I am wearing them now on a black cord necklace since they are too big

About the up and down sizing I would talk to your jeweler to get some reassurance.
  • Yes they will resize your ring,in the meantime you can wear a ring guard from the jeweler,they are better than the ones you get at the store.
  • Once my engagement ring gets too lose to wear, I am going to wear it around a necklace and once I hit goal, get it resized.
  • I've had my wedding ring sized and resized many times over the past 15 years. At one point they rebuilt it a bit but it was still the same ring.