Old 02-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

I love Jillian, but I would respond better to Bob. I don't like being yelled at or bullied into doing something. Bob seems to get the same results but with a much softer manner. That being said Jillian does seem to have some tender moments I do believe she genuinely cares for her charges.

Also LOVE TBL!! Watch if faithfully and I also find inspiration in it. Randi, I was surprised by what Jillian said...I might not know much about gaining muscle etc but I did think that even if you didn't lose lbs you could still lose inches. Interesting anyways.

I also liked that there was no sugar coating last night. I did feel bad for Joelle at times and I do think that the cameras could have made her nervous but I love that she was held accountable. I wish Dan's partner could have got a little more **** as I think his attitude sabotaged Dan.

I like the remaining teams too...it looks like it's going to be a great season!!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I love the show, with the exception of some of the the shameless product plugs... it really irritated me when Jillian hauled out the Cheerios, touting the whole-grain-ness of them, the plain ones I can understand, but the Honey Nut? Yeah, whole grains covered in SUGAR!!
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #18  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I pretty much want NOT to buy anything they endorse because of the shameless and irritating way the endorse them. I wonder if the individual contestants who schmooze to the camera about the product receive any kind of remuneration.

I am SO glad to see Joelle gone. I know she has a lot of "stuff" to deal with, but she still sucked the motivation right out of the team when she was constantly the center of attention. At least the editors made it seem so. It was unkind of the others to ignore her while they gushed over Carla, though; I can certainly see how they'd feel that way, however.

Some on other boards have said that there's no way people would have connected with Carla and loved her in the two total weeks they spent with her. I disagree. I have made deep friendships in a short amount of weeks. When you spend many hours with a person, you do get to know them. It's possible she impacted the lives of those around her on the ranch.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #19  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I enjoy TBL but I have to remind myself that their rate of weight loss is not realistic. I really like that Jullian said that losing 12 pounds over 6 weeks is realistic for people at home.

I got a big kick out of losing more than the "homies". Since I started my lowest weight loss month was 5 pounds and that was December!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #20  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

I love TBL!! I have to watch it while im doing my step aerobics though, otherwise I feel lazy!!!

Im glad they sent Joelle home too.. she bugged me to no end. Im sure the other teams said bye to her and probably even hugged her, just the producers didnt let us see that part!!

And id pick Bob as my trainer, cuz I think hes hot and would run a marathon for him anyday
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #21  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

No I hate reality shows. All I watch is Countdown With Keith Olberrmann and The Office.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #22  
started 1/28/08

Last season was the first one I'd watched, and I'm totally hooked. I like the fact that they have bigger people on the show this season.

It's definitely inspirational . . . last season's finale really strengthened my resolve to go all the way this time.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:25 AM   #23  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I finally got a chance to watch this week--I stood next to Kristin & Cathy in line @ the auditions in Milwaukee 2 summers ago! I knew they would get on, Kristen is gorgeous (those eyes!) & her mom was so happy, fun & upbeat. I'm voting for the purple team all the way!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I have watched it a few times and don't like it one bit. I don't like all the meanness and yelling. I am really a 'kindness' person - I can't relate one bit to someone screaming at another person to do something. Also, it's very 'unreal' - as far as the rate of losing weight goes. Sadly - many of the folks gained their weight back. (just like in 'real' life)

I wish them all good health and wonderful long term weight loss. But, I won't be watching.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-08-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #25  

I do love that show. I watch with my 9 yo. It's sad....he says, it's ok if you gon on the show, I'll miss you though!

I want to be an example of what setting goals is....
debnboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #26  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

It's the only TV show that I watch. In fact, I've created my own "Inner Jillian," based on scenes I've witnessed in which she's yelling at or comforting the contestants, so that I can motivate myself when I am exercising.

How many of you exercise while watching the show? I work with my dumbbells out of sympathy for the contestants during the challenges. If I'm not doing that, I sit on my exercise ball. I figure it's less voyeuristic than simply looking on while they sweat & struggle & give their all.

Also, I NEVER snack while watching this TV show. I'd feel too guilty. I just have a glass of water or a cup of tea.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #27  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I like it too, and I like how lately they've gotten some BIG GIRLS for sure ! The only thing I find cringe-inducing, is the insistence of skimpy sports bra type shirts for weigh-ins, etc., why is that necessary? doesn't seem very dignified - we KNOW they're fat you don't have to show us each roll!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

I LOVE TBL too!!! It is the one night a week where nobody can bother me since it is for me! This seasons is good and I like everyone there. I am glad Joelle is off too. I think Carla would have done great at the ranch! And Dan is a good kid. His partner though made me want to choke him. He did not care at all. The last series though got my goat. I was so distracted by all of the drama on that one. Though I did love that Michelle won. There are lot's of good ideas from the show though I also don't like the product "adds" that are in it. I would love to be on the show! Except for wearing the sports bras on tv. Scary!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote