Old 02-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends - boy, it seems like I haven't had time for touching base in a day or two. I am moving forward with hope. Here's my plan.

Yes, the 3D glasses worked for the commercial after half time of the super bowl. It seemed like a few things were actually in front of the tv screen in mid air.

I will put my fork down between bite
I will drink lots of water
I will do my stretches and strengthening
I will try to feel hunger and fullness
I will do my meditations
I will try to love myself even though I hate my relationship with food at this time
I will try to stay positive

breakfast - peanut butter toast, boca bacon, applesauce
lunch - soup, cheese toast, celery
snack - apple
dinner - lentil and sausage soup, green beans
snack - cinn. toast.

jeniasmom - wonderful to have 3 days on plan. Go girl! PMA is positive mental attitude.

nicolen - ya know...sometimes we eat extra or make a choice that's not the one we think we should have. You've been doing great. HOP back into your plan and routine. YOu'll be OK.

Welcome fractal! I am glad you've stayed with your routine. Carry on.

MJ - did you get a short hair cut?? So happy your knee is feeling better.

Lottie - down two pounds Yippeeee! Good for you.

Redflame - good plan. Carry on! Your puppy is SO cute.

Welcome waterton girl - glad you posted. Good plan!

Mug - did you get your power yet??? Hope so.

knobhdy - good for you, packing your lunch. That will really help. Welcome!
Glad you posted.

Schmoodle - hi - dig deep and try to carry on.

Have a great day friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-04-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Here's my recipe for White Chicken Chili. It's so delish and easy.

White Chicken Chili
Makes 4-6 servings

1-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, chopped ( or 1 tsp. Garlic powder)
1 can (4-ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 cans (16 ounces) Great Northern Beans
1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth - low salt
1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional) -lowfat
Sour cream (optional) lowfat or fat free
Salsa (optional)

In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chopped garlic or garlic powder in the last 2 minutes. Add chilies, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until hot. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if desired.

I always double this recipe!! Folks love it.

PS - My SIL makes this recipe with ground turkey instead of cooked chicken.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-04-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, I'm gnawing away at my cold pork chop breakfast. It's one of my favorite ways to start the day - times have sure changed, used to be Pop Tarts! The kids are on 2-hr delay (AGAIN) this morning so I cooked them eggs, bacon, and toast, but I just didn't feel like eggs for myself.

I've got Good Morning America on, and they just had a very depressing report about lifestyle factors and aging. They were comparing twins with different lifestyles - stay away from the sun, don't smoke, yada-yada, but the twins were different weights and the fatter ones were always judged to look younger. Well, that's something I've discovered for myself. My friends used to complain that they were getting wrinkes and I wasn't. Once I started losing weight, I discovered I was getting them all along, they were just well hidden.

I was on-plan yesterday, hooray! Here's today:
B: Pork chop, stir fry veggies, coffee with milk
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: chicken divan
S: skim latte, bean brownie
D: Beef Stew (no potatoes, lots of veggies), roasted cauli, sauteed cabbage
S: NSA pudding cup

I think I'll add that white chili to my menu next week. I haven't made that in a long time and it sure sounds good.

mj, I know what you mean, I am in the mood for new hair too. I always said once I lost the weight I'd cut my hair short again. I had it short a long time ago and loved it, but I thought I'd look like a pinhead when I was so big. Hmmm, maybe for summer....
Have a great day BeverlyJoy! Thanks for the recipe.
nicolen, don't beat yourself up, and don't weigh. You'll be up from all the salt anyway. Just drink lots of water and get right back on track lady!
fractal, my scale is not digital and only shows lbs., I like it that way. It's too easy to obsess on every ounce!
redflame, cute puppy!
knobhdy, Have a great hump day!
watertowngirl, one step at a time! Good job on the food.
lottie, great job on the 2 lbs. already!
jenian'smom, Glad you are having a good week so far!
numina, thanks! As a matter of fact I did have a wickedly fun weekend. I'm sure that explains my positive outlook this week. Mom kept the kids at her house Friday night, wink, wink.
Hope I got everybody in there! This thread is hopping lately!
Wonder where Lyn's been?

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-04-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #34  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone --- sorry I missed posting yesterday.

MJ5: It’s hard to give 100% all the time, so everybody has times when they sort of “float.” It’s good you noticed and are gearing back up, though. I bet you will kick some serious FatNasty behind for the rest of the week.

Knobhdy: Two lunch days in a row! Good for you --- I have a lot of trouble with planning so admire you folks that have a handle on it. Keep up the good work!

Lottie: 2 pounds evicted already this week? WA-HOOOOO! Whatever you are doing, child, keep doing it! Good for you!

Waterton: Looks like you are doing really well with planning your eating. Good for you on getting all that water down --- I have a lot of trouble with that. How does it feel to be taking control?

RedFlame: Breakfast two days in a row? You are doing great! Can you feel a difference during your morning – more energy or better concentration?

Fractal: You are doing great with the food! By the way, I like your name! My kid is a real math person and the idea of fractals really enchanted him. His particular favorites are the Mandelbrots. Are you math people too?

NicoleN: Ok, so naughty Nicole came out for a while and made some bad choices. It’s going to happen. The cool thing is you are already all over it and aren’t letting one day of bad choices derail you from all the good you have been doing. You are still on track! And you will do just find today! And congrats on the award, even if it was chocolate.

Jen: Wow, you are doing really well! I hear you about that water thing --- I try to drink 2 liters too and it is pretty tough. But you are doing the exercising and making good food choices --- the water will fall in place too.

BeverlyJoy: I love reading about your last daily snack: cocoa and cinnamon toast. Yum! (At least sometimes you have the cocoa.) Sounds so warm and cozy! And thanks for the recipe! Glad you enjoyed the Superbowl – or at least the commercials.

Schmoodle: Wrinkles, huh? Sigh. Oh well --- better to have wrinkles and good health than smooth skin and heart attacks, etc. Besides, maybe we will be the exceptions! LOL Hey! Did you know that there is soluble fiber in your latte? Cool, huh?

I am having a little trouble with this thread because I seldom know in the morning what I am having that night for dinner. Most of what I used to cook was pretty high calorie and high fat, so I am slowly learning new recipes --- mostly from the Internet. Anyway, today:

B: cheerios, V8
S: grapefruit
L: salad, WW toast with Laughing Cow
S: apple
D: unknown

Everybody have a great OP day --- lots of good choices for a healthier us!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 268 / 268 / 140

Morning all!

Well yesterday I did pretty well. Stuck to my plan right up until I got home from work. I was still hungry so I snarfed down some cucumber and celery with some ranch dip (it's full fat, but I cut it by 1/2 with fat free sour cream) and a few slices of cheese. The snack was pretty healthy....problem is I had it like an hour before I went to bed :S

Onward and upward!

Redflame - Let me know what you think of the dvd's, which ones did you get?
nicolen, jeniansmom, beverlyjoy, schmoodle, and numina - thanks for the warm welcome! And to numina - it definately feels good to take some control lol.

Plan for today:
breakie - 1/2c egg beaters and 1 piece toast with becel
snack - 1/2 apple-pear
lunch - 100g salad greens with flax italian dressing and 1 piece toast with becel
snack - 200g celery and cucumber with 1/2 fat ranch dip
dinner - 100g chicken with 200 g veggies (brussel sprouts, peas)
snack - 100 calorie pack of peakfreans shortbread cookies

1 litre fresh water, 1 litre of water in the form of soda water and tea

I hope everyone has a terrific day!!

Last edited by WatertonGirl; 02-04-2009 at 11:13 AM.
WatertonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #36  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Super busy today, as usual! I started my day by going to the jail to screen some people for our residential program at work.....

Now I MUST finish Annual Reports/Summaries today. ICK! I have a late meeting today--this should be the last one for this committee! YEA!

I AM going to the gym. Dh is taking care of dinner (yippee!).

When I get home we are making a grocery list. I finally went through some of my Rachel Ray magazines and picked out a few new recipes to try...we'll see how they come out this weekend!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #37  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

waterongirl, do you know of a fat free sour cream that doesnt' look gross and lumpy when you mix it up? and kind of watery...(no it hadn't gone bad!) *LOL*

thanks everyone on the congrats! Hope you are all doing well.

schmoodle good job on the no pop tarts.

today:

breakfast: 2 eggs, 2slices bacon, multi grain english muffin
l: whole wheat pita "pizza"
s: apple, no cholesterol fiber one muffin, prunes
d: 8oz turkey breast, 2 serv peas and 1 cup brown rice

Last edited by lottie63; 02-04-2009 at 02:30 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 268 / 268 / 140

Hey Lottie

I really like lucerne for fat free sour cream
WatertonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Daisy is my choice for FF sour cream!

ahhhh crappage.....I had something else to add, and I lost it...........

OH! MJ I just hate it when my day starts off at the jail!

me thinks me is pretty funny~

Last edited by Redflame; 02-04-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 AM   #40  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi Guys,

Much, much better day today and my washing machine arrives tomorrow morning! Yay! Now I just need to do some housework between now and then so they can, you know, actually get it into the laundry. At least the hosuework will be done for the weekend.

Long weekend this weekend due to Waitangi Day tomorrow. The gym doesn't open until the afternoon so the timing works well - I can hang about here waiting for the washing machine to be delivered and still get my workout in. Win win!

I met with my trainer after work instead of Friday morning due to the public holiday and boy, did she work me hard. She did make a comment about how I'm very right side dominant - no lie there. I'm quite literally the most right handed person you'll ever meet. My left side is a bit weaker than the right side of my body, so we're going to do some work on strengthening it. Could be ... interesting.

Jen, go you with the exercise and the water. Awesome!

Beverley, I'm still loving the affirmations. Keep it up! And thanks for the recipe - I'm definitely trying that some time soon!

Schmoodle, I read somewhere in many of the weight loss books/sites/anything else you can think of that I've read that you should eat similar food for breakfast as you eat for the rest of the day. Obviously it works for you, so why not!

Numina, I'm actually enjoying cooking more now than I was. I'm having so much fun trying new foods and finding new ways to cook old favourites that it's just become fun rather than the old story of what can I prepare in as short a time as possible...

Waterton, don't worry about the snack. You could have made a far worse choice than you did...

MJ, yay for no more late meetings!

Lottie, you're doing so very well.

Redflame, I hate it when that happens. And if you're like me you'll remember what you were going to say at some stupid time in the wee small hours...

So the menu today was:

B - toast, vegemite, cheese

S - celery sticks, laughing cow wedge

L - ham and salad roll

S - muesli bar.

D - stir fry - chicken, broccoli, stir fry mix, rice.

Much much better.

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:24 AM   #41  
BlockHead =)

Yesterday was great until it wasn't. I was wicked tired when I got home and didn't feel like doing anything - didn't exercise or make supper and took DH up on his offer to bring home fast food.

Things went well at the Dr's office. My A1C wasn't stellar b/c I took so much "time off" over the holidays, but overall she as pleased. It was much better than it was the last time I saw her 2 years ago. She was thrilled with my weight loss. All my other numbers are perfect - cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. We talked about the dizzy spells I get when I go from squatting/bending over to standing. Since I'm getting enough water she suggested ingesting a bit more salt as I eat a very low sodium diet.

I'll be 37 this year, so I haven't quite hit the 40 milestone, but my mother passed away of ovarian cancer at age 55. So to be on the safe side she is going to have me have a baseline mammogram early. I go tomorrow to have the girls flattened. I hope that doesn't make them sag anymore than they already do

I napped on the couch and then stayed up too late with DH last night, so I'm wicked tired still - our sleep patterns have been all out of whack since he's been out of work. So I think I'm going to cut myself some slack again today. I feel like I'm fighting a cold and I just want to rest a lot. So the plan for today:

Bfast: other 1/2 of yesterday's wrap
Snack: Mixed nuts and yogurt
Second snack (I'm leaving work at 1 so I won't eat lunch til I get home): If I'm hungry before I leave work I'll have an apple and a cheesestick.
We're having a one year anniversary celebration for one of the girls at work so I will eat 1 of the "two bite" scones I bought for the celebration.
When I get home I will make some fried eggs with Ezekial toast
Snack: cauliflower and hummus
Supper: chili that didn't get made yesterday that DH will make today
Snack: chocolate ricotta creme with unsweetened whipped cream

I will drink my water.
I will decide how I'm feeling this afternoon about exercise. I will try to do at least do 15 minutes of Wii Fit and do something more strenuous if I feel up to it.

Will catch up on personals this afternoon or tomorrow.
Happy Healthy Thursday to one and all.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #42  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends. I've come back out of hiding to face this weight loss thing again. Three steps forward and two steps back. At least I'm making progress!

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel on my job. Looks like I can now start working normal hours and not the 60+ hour weeks. No more convenient excuses to avoid the treadmill!

Today's plan: I'm tracking on TDP again. Today's limit is 1800 calories. I can eat anything I want, but it must stay within 1800 calories. I also have a date with the treadmill. One hour of sweat equity.

Nicolen, sweat is sweat. We don't need no stinkin' fancy dancy gym!
Schmoodle - I'm not looking foward to losing my natural wrinkle filler.

Have a great on-plan day, everyone.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-05-2009 at 08:06 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hey chicks! On-plan again yesterday, go me. I've dropped a couple of those pesky pounds I regained over Christmas, but not enough to move my ticker yet (yes, it is lying a little, but it breaks my heart to move it up). Can't wait to get back to losing virgin weight again.

Now I am getting excited because we have a lapse between our contract expiration and renewal so it is illegal for me to work on any of my projects, probably for all of next week. I've got some training and busy work that I can stretch out over a couple of days, but then I think I'll take a few days off. I've been making a list of stuff I'd like to get done, and it's already a mile long, but I included some fun stuff too. I'm going to try to set up a couple of lunches with friends, and some clothes shopping, maybe see a movie in the afternoon just because I can. If that contract gets awarded really fast then I am going to be totally depressed! It's government though, so it shouldn't happen that way. My company is not happy to have us all on overhead for a week it but I sure am, and I am a team player, using my leave so they don't have to pay me.

Here's today:
B: beef stew, coffee with milk
S: cheese stick
L: stir fried veggies, hard boiled egg
S: latte, bean brownie
D: chili over sauteed cabbage
S: NSA pudding cup

jeniansmom, glad you had a good check-up! DH is type II diabetes and he eats what I eat. South Beach has been the best thing that every happened to his blood sugar levels. He just had a physical earlier this week for work, so it wasn't his regular doctor, and they were very surprised to hear he had diabetes, there was no trace of sugar in his urine and his blood sugar levels were great.
nicolen, what is Waitangi Day? I love my dinner-breakfasts. I rarely eat breakfast food anymore, sometimes an omelet or a whole grain waffle, that's about it.
lottie, I don't use the fat free, I don't like it, so I just get reduced fat.
mj, that must have been interesting at the jail! Have fun trying your recipes out!
numina, where is the fiber coming from in my latte?
Waterton girl, if it makes you feel any better, ranch dressings are made with soy or canola oil (healthy monounsaturated fats) and are low sugar, so that is not a bad choice at all. We need some fat to keep us satisfied. I have a snack before bed almost every night, I really don't think it matters so much when you eat, it all comes down to calories in and calories out for the day.

ETA: Hi Rhonda! We missed you!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-05-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #44  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Nicole: How often do you work with the trainer? Do they advise you on cardio as well as weights? I hope the new washer works out well (if only they would add a video machine to the front of them to make laundry interesting, eh?) Send me some of those “likes cooking” vibes, ok?

Jen: Way cool on those medical numbers! WOOT! I don’t know what A1C is though. I am not overly fond of mammograms, but they sure beat the alternative. And with over 50 pounds of weight Adios’ed, I can understand why your doctor was happy about that! Great check up!

Rhonda: I have an hour of treadmill in my future today, too. I will send you lots of strong sweaty thoughts if you do the same back --- LOL. I know you are going to have an OP day today because you sound pretty darn determined about it. Those silly Fat Pounds won’t know what hit them!

Schmoodle: “Losing virgin weight…” Thanks for starting my day out with THAT image! ROTFL The fiber is actually in the coffee --- you can read a blurb about it here: http://archive.supermarketguru.com/page.cfm/32835. I hope you get your mini-vacation!

I had a very sluggish day yesterday and we all were in bed by 8:30. I think maybe we aren't really over this flu thing yet. Also, I had regular cereal for breakfast and I starved the whole day. Not an experiment to repeat!

B: oatmeal, V8
S: grapefruit
L: Salad, toast with laughing cow
S: apple
D: tomato soup with ham/cheese grilled sandwiches, I just won't eat a sandwich

So, are we ready for Thursday? Everybody got their water bottle? OK! Let's conga line out of here and into a very OP day!

Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #45  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I am SO ready for the weekend! No big plans, other than doing some cooking. I have my recipes and grocery list ready to go!

Redflame--The REALLY funny part is my co-worker and I couldn't figure out how to work the doors at the jail...we were almost stuck there! LOL!

nicolen--Yea for the long weekend AND the new washing machine!!! Keep up the great work.

jeniansmom--Great news at the drs appt yesterday! Ok, so exercise and dinner weren't so great, but today is a new day, right?! I stayed up too late last night too w/ dh. I had my baseline mammo last year since I don't know my bio-mom's hx. It wasn't as bad as I thought...good thing to get out of the way!

Rhonda--Yea she's back! And yea for time to workout! Of course, having the time, means we have to do it!

Schmoodle--Good for you!!! I think it's great that you can take some time for yourself for a change!!! Actually it was pretty interesting at the jail--and kind of sad how many inmates I saw that I knew...

Numina--Yep, I have my water bottle!

Yesterday was an 'ok' day food wise. I know I could have done a LOT better.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote