The dreaded word...SCALE!

• So, I'm heading out today to buy a new scale. It's a love/hate relationship, but I must have one if I am going to track my progress.

Do the fat/BMI etc scales work? Does anyone have a good one they can recommend?

I looked at WalMart and Bed Bath and Beyond and have found a couple between 30-50 bucks. I don't mind spending the money, but I don't want to pay for gadgets that don't work!
  • for me, if i know how tall i m there's enough places online that can calculate the bmi tht i dont use bmi scales.

i love my digital scales though.
  • We have 2 scales in my house.
    Mine (the mean one ) and my wife's (which is about 2 lbs nicer )
    Mine is a cheep no frills digital.
    My wife's is more expensive and has the body fat % calculator and BMI stuff included.
    Last time I went to the doctors office I felt vindicated because the weight they took from me was the exact weight my cheepo scale gave me . Of course when I was at home I took my weight in my birthday suit and at the Dr. I was dressed .
    In my opinion I would go with a cheep digital. Even if the initial weight programed is off by a lb or 2, you will still be able to track all of your weight loss progress. Just my $.02
  • I have this one. I'm not sure if I trust the body fat and water but I love the fact that I can get on it 10 times in a row and it reads the same EVERY single time. I stood on 5 or 6 of them in the store the day I bought it and it seemed to be the most accurate.