3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Newbie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/163161-newbie.html)

LadyHeather 01-30-2009 07:00 PM

Hello my name is Heather, I am 28yrs old. I am a married mother of 3 (2 girls 8 & 5 1/2 and 1 boy 2 1/2). I need to lose 100lbs well it is now its 96lbs. I have starting working on my water intake, meal portions, cutting down on the soda and started working out. It is just coming off really slow.

I can't wait to meet all you.

Heather

lottie63 01-30-2009 07:27 PM

Eat lots of fiber! I am losing weight like crazy since I upped my fiber from 20-25 to 30-45 grams a day.

and if you eat a lot of fiber you need to drink LOTS and LOTS of water to help 'move things along' cuz it expands and you don't want to get clogged. SO good for cholesterol, insulin levels, etc. hehe, you will see me extolling the virtues of fiber all over this board. :D

Daimere 01-30-2009 07:56 PM

Welcome! Good luck!

Smiling_Sara 01-30-2009 09:31 PM

Welcome Heather. You're kind of a neighbor to me. I live in SE Wisc also! You've come to the right place. This place is amazing. Loads of support and information. :hug:

LadyHeather 01-30-2009 11:40 PM

Thank you.

lalique 01-31-2009 12:38 AM

:welcome3:

Welcome Heather! Glad you found us! Good luck & I hope to see you around the forums! :D

rockinrobin 01-31-2009 12:44 AM

Hey there. Sooo glad that you've found us. This is a sensational place for support, advice and encouragment.

Sounds like you've made some nice changes. Ones that you can stick with, and that is the key. This can't "work" if we don't stick with it.

*If* you want to increase the speed of which it's coming off, then you might want to think about elminating those sodas all together and tracking your calories carefully. This way you know for sure you don't overspend your calorie budget. It's soooo easy to go overboard and consume more calories then we need to create that all important calorie deficit. thedailyplate.com and fitday.com are just 2 of many websites that can help you with that.

You're off to a great start!!!!! Looking forward to hearing more from you as you progress on this incredible journey towards good health. :)

cfmama 01-31-2009 01:41 AM

Welcome to our little club!!! I have three as well and exactly the same arrangement of kids with almost the same ages! Girl 7.5, girl 5.5 and boy 2.5!!! LOL!

TraceyElaine 01-31-2009 08:15 AM

Hey Heather. Welcome! And I must say...your eyes are georgeous. Couldn't help but notice my dear!

hautbois 01-31-2009 09:19 AM

Welcome to 3FC!

Numina 01-31-2009 10:49 AM

Welcome to the board, Heather!

You have taken that first big step by declaring your war on fat. The people on this board are supportive and informative and inspirational --- just look at how much weight these folks have already lost! We really CAN do this!

haleysmommy5402 02-01-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lottie63 (Post 2585918)
Eat lots of fiber! I am losing weight like crazy since I upped my fiber from 20-25 to 30-45 grams a day.

and if you eat a lot of fiber you need to drink LOTS and LOTS of water to help 'move things along' cuz it expands and you don't want to get clogged. SO good for cholesterol, insulin levels, etc. hehe, you will see me extolling the virtues of fiber all over this board. :D

how do you get that much fiber in?? im so new at this and i know fiber is good the only place i know to get lots of fiber is from beans .. lol

and Welcome to the board :)

rockinrobin 02-01-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haleysmommy5402 (Post 2587732)
how do you get that much fiber in?? im so new at this and i know fiber is good the only place i know to get lots of fiber is from beans .. lol

and Welcome to the board :)

This is from Mayoclinic.com

High-fiber foods
Looking to add more fiber to your diet? Fiber — along with adequate fluid intake — moves quickly and relatively easily through your digestive tract and helps it function properly. A high-fiber diet may also help reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.

Fruits Serving size Total fiber (grams)*
Raspberries 1 cup 8.0
Pear, with skin 1 medium 5.1
Apple, with skin 1 medium 4.4
Figs, dried 2 medium 3.7
Blueberries 1 cup 3.5
Strawberries 1 cup 3.3
Banana 1 medium 3.1
Orange 1 medium 3.1

Grains, cereal & pasta Serving size Total fiber (grams)*
Spaghetti, whole-wheat, cooked 1 cup 6.3
Barley, pearled, cooked 1 cup 6.0
Oat bran muffin 1 medium 5.2
Bran flakes 3/4 cup 5.1
Oatmeal, quick, regular or instant, cooked 1 cup 4.0
Popcorn, air-popped 3 cups 3.6
Brown rice, cooked 1 cup 3.5
Bread, rye 1 slice 1.9
Bread, whole-wheat or multigrain 1 slice 1.9
Legumes, nuts & seeds Serving size Total fiber (grams)*
Split peas, cooked 1 cup 16.3
Lentils, cooked 1 cup 15.6
Black beans, cooked 1 cup 15.0
Lima beans, cooked 1 cup 13.2
Baked beans, vegetarian, canned, cooked 1 cup 10.4
Sunflower seeds, hulled 1/4 cup 3.6
Almonds 1 ounce (22 nuts) 3.3
Pistachio nuts 1 ounce (49 nuts) 2.9
Pecans 1 ounce (19 halves) 2.7
Vegetables Serving size Total fiber (grams)*
Artichoke, cooked 1 medium 10.3
Peas, cooked 1 cup 8.8
Broccoli, boiled 1 cup 5.1
Turnip greens, boiled 1 cup 5.0
Sweet corn, cooked 1 cup 4.6
Brussels sprouts, cooked 1 cup 4.1
Potato, with skin, baked 1 medium 4.0
Tomato paste 1/4 cup 2.7
Carrot, raw

I'll add in cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus, sweet potato, winter squash, zucchini, spinach, salad greens. Basically all veggies & fruits have some fiber. So eat your veggies. I aim to have fiber and/or protein at every meal and snack. They're both weight loss powerhouses and extremely, extremely SATISFYING. Sticks with you, so you can STICK with your plan. :smug:

Jennelle 02-01-2009 09:41 AM

Welcome, Heather!

I thought I knew you already because your screen name was familiar, and then I remembered that Lady Heather was a character on a story arc of "CSI" (back when it still was a decent show.)

LadyHeather 02-02-2009 03:49 PM

Thank you everybody. I can't wait to get to know everyone better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraceyElaine (Post 2586485)
Hey Heather. Welcome! And I must say...your eyes are georgeous. Couldn't help but notice my dear!

Thank you very much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennelle (Post 2588021)
Welcome, Heather!

I thought I knew you already because your screen name was familiar, and then I remembered that Lady Heather was a character on a story arc of "CSI" (back when it still was a decent show.)

Yes that is why I picked it, I used to love that show but it has done down hill.