When it rain, it pours!

• So, as most of you have read I got laid off from my job on Monday. Well, today we woke up to no electricity in the house. There was a HORRIBLE ice storm in our area for the past two days and trees have been falling over every where. When we called the electric company, they said it could be DAYS before we have any power. I am over at my Mom's for now and DH is at work. It's a mess outside!!! I hope everyone else is warm!! I may not be around much for the next few days, depending on the electricity situation!!
  • Summer before last we lost electric for 3 days. It was kind of nice spending all that time out on the porch playing cards and boardgames and just hanging out with the SO.

but in the winter I imagine it'd be awful!
  • I totally sympathize....we had 8 inches of snow in December (totally unheard of in the New Orleans area) and we were without power for almost a week. I hope you are able to stay warm somehow! Luckily we had a fireplace and a generator.
  • Brrr! Sorry about the power outage! Early in my marriage we were stationed in a cold area and stayed warm and in shaped with alot of blanket bingo so be careful!!!!
  • Oh wow - we have family in Kentucky that is without power as well. Hopefully your Mom's electricity holds up. Keeping my fingers crossed for you - stay warm!!!
  • Hmmm, I remember being out of power for a week during Hurricane Gustav....

would you rather power outage in summer...or winter????
  • Summer We were without power for 10days after Gustav but then again we have a generator and can plug a window unit in
  • OH that bites! I sure hope you get power again really soon!!!
  • Yikes!
    I hope things get better very soon for you!
  • Still no power! We went over to the house today to check on things and it was so cold! The officials are now saying it could be a week before we have power again! AHHHH!
  • The only thing I can say is..."What doesn't break us only makes us stronger"...I hope things get better for you!!!